Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
AdistantSECOND

Unhappy Where is my Epiphone Firebird Studio Pelham Blue?

I ordered an 2012 Epiphone Limited Edition Firebird Studio in TV Pelham Blue at Guitar Center the first weekend of October, 2012. Here it is the middle of January, 2013, and I still don't have it! And I can't find any info about it online anywhere except Zzounds and one other online instrument retailer. Both say they expect them in January, but it's a little weird that there is NO other info on it anywhere. Does anyone have any clue what's going on, and if I should get my money back from Guitar Center?
AdistantSECOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
RealGuitarHero
Just Call Me Zacch.

This isn't the guitarcenter hotline. You might want to call them. Theyd probably be willing to give you a refund if thats what you want and not the guitar.
RealGuitarHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
SteveHOC
Used Register

Guitars get backordered. Epiphone has had this issue a lot lately, but Guitar Center employees won't know anything until the warehouse has them in. I had to cancel an order through GC when I worked for them because our rep had no idea what was going on with the Epiphone distributor. Check other distributors that aren't a subsidiary of GC and see what their inventory looks like, that's what I did, and I was able to get the guitar for slightly more than what it would have cost with my employee discount.
SteveHOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
Roc8995

It's a special run. It probably got delayed. So you can't find any other info because it's a small exclusive run, and if they say they expect them in January I'd say wait three weeks before getting worried.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #5
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

Perhaps it has been "Extraordinarily Rendered" and taken to a secret C.I.A. black prison in some Third World hellhole, where it is being waterboarded for information?

Seriously; like others have said, things get backordered. Retailers and even manufacturers are recovering from the Christmas rush. They are all in the middle of annual inventory, which is a royal pain in the ass to perform. Give it a little time. Good things come to those who wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
blues4jesus

@AdistantSECOND..If you havnt already recieved your Epi. I found out that the guitar is backlogged, The next run comes out the week of the 7th of July. Stinks waiting but honestly I just bought one of the last first run Pelham blue Firebirds and its a beast worth the wait, I hope when you do get yours you love it as well. Good Luck and no Im not a Guitar Center employee I just randomly shop there(hate their fast food music approach) Good Luck my friend
blues4jesus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: