Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #101
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
But they're not giving you anything. You're giving them something.

My main problem is with the huge amount of money. If they were like "We need 20,000 to record out album" I'd be like "Alright."

If you're "going DIY" or "going labelless" you gotta cut back and have a reasonable budget.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #102
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
But they're not giving you anything. You're giving them something.

My main problem is with the huge amount of money. If they were like "We need 20,000 to record out album" I'd be like "Alright."

If you're "going DIY" or "going labelless" you gotta cut back and have a reasonable budget.

That's how a ton of Kickstarters work though. You donate and get something in return. I don't see why is everyone freaking out about this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
95% of teens have moved on to hip hop. Put this in your sig if you're part of th 5% who care about REAL music.




Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #103
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
If they had a smaller target I doubt it'd make that much difference. People don't donate in relation to their goal... or at least I don't.

People would donate if the budget was 20k or 2k.

And just because they're "going label-less" doesn't mean they're going hardcorepunk diy **** da system.

It just means they don't want to be signed to a label anymore...
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #104
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Read our posts?
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #105
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
If they had a smaller target I doubt it'd make that much difference. People don't donate in relation to their goal... or at least I don't.

People would donate if the budget was 20k or 2k.

And just because they're "going label-less" doesn't mean they're going hardcorepunk diy **** da system.

It just means they don't want to be signed to a label anymore...
Yo dawg, you don't need 100k to make a progmetal album.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #106
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Club Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
But they're not giving you anything. You're giving them something.

My main problem is with the huge amount of money. If they were like "We need 20,000 to record out album" I'd be like "Alright."

If you're "going DIY" or "going labelless" you gotta cut back and have a reasonable budget.

Considering their fanbase will very happily fund them to do things in this manner they demonstrably don't have to do that whatsoever.

You have a personal issue with the band for not budgeting themselves and taking the approach that you want them to take based on your own little morals & beliefs. Cool beans. That's pretty much irrelevant in this circumstance. Have fun crying on an internet forum lel.
__________________
Huberdeau Barkov Ekblad
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #107
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Read our posts?

I am

You're upset because it's not really DIY or whatever


I don't care if it's not DIY. I just want an awesome album. I don't give a shit how much it costs. I've never listened to an album and cared about how much it costed to make
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
95% of teens have moved on to hip hop. Put this in your sig if you're part of th 5% who care about REAL music.




Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #108
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Nah man. It's cuz they manipulated their fans into giving them 200k under the guise of DIY
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #109
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Nah man. It's cuz they manipulated their fans into giving them 200k under the guise of DIY

lol, no
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
95% of teens have moved on to hip hop. Put this in your sig if you're part of th 5% who care about REAL music.




Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #110
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
Considering their fanbase will very happily fund them to do things in this manner they demonstrably don't have to do that whatsoever.

You have a personal issue with the band for not budgeting themselves and taking the approach that you want them to take based on your own little morals & beliefs. Cool beans. That's pretty much irrelevant in this circumstance. Have fun crying on an internet forum lel.

My morals of not stealing a thousand dollars from fans for a pizza party?
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #111
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
lol, no

Umm yes? "Help us rally against the label system by giving me fifty dollars so your name will be printed on a piece of paper nobody will read. We'll show them!"
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #112
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything
 
guitarist41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
My morals of not stealing a thousand dollars from fans for a pizza party?


Do you even know what the word steal means?

**** you. And **** anybody else bad-mouthing Protest.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
guitarist41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #113
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarist41
Do you even know what the word steal means?

**** you. And **** anybody else bad-mouthing Protest.


Well, this is pleasant.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #114
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Umm yes? "Help us rally against the label system by giving me fifty dollars so your name will be printed on a piece of paper nobody will read. We'll show them!"

Or you know "Hey, help us record this album. You don't have to give anything but if you do you get some stuff in return and hopefully we will be able to record an awesome album for you"

Totally stealing
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
95% of teens have moved on to hip hop. Put this in your sig if you're part of th 5% who care about REAL music.




Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #115
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Is the band that has be deteriorating in quality since their first album showing us the future?

No.
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #116
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Club Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
My morals of not stealing a thousand dollars from fans for a pizza party?

You know less about the meaning of "stealing" than the people who think an i-pod full of stolen music is worth 8 billion dollars.
__________________
Huberdeau Barkov Ekblad
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #117
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Is the band that has be deteriorating in quality since their first album showing us the future?

No.



blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #118
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Lol at all the butthurt PTH fans in here. They like cock in their anuses ololololo
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #119
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
Or you know "Hey, help us record this album. You don't have to give anything but if you do you get some stuff in return and hopefully we will be able to record an awesome album for you"

Totally stealing

"Now give me a thousand dollars to eat pizza with me."
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #120
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Club Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
"Now give me a thousand dollars to eat pizza with me."

That's not stealing. That's saying "want to donate a grand to the band to help us record our album in a good studio without any label connections and then we'll eat pizza and hang out as thanks?". Then someone says "sure dude" and pays up and they do it.

You are the one who is blending the reality of the situation with misinformation due to creating false labels, expectations, costs, etc with your "DIY" stupid trash.
__________________
Huberdeau Barkov Ekblad
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.