User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #161
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
I bet you don't even know where Dunsel comes from.

Star Trek?
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
guitarist41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #162
StewieSwan
Play my dudelsack

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarist41
Star Trek?

Ok, but WHERE in Star Trek.

Original Wood&Strings Song
StewieSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #163
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

Quote:
Ok, but WHERE in Star Trek.

I don't know; I hate Sci-Fi. I just know that Protest put quite a bit of Star Trek crap in the lyrics.

...I really have too much time on my hands.
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Old 01-27-2013, 01:12 AM   #164
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre_Turtle
How the **** am I even supposed to respond to that with anything other than an equally shitty level of trolling?

you don't think i'm trolling though, do you? 'cuz otherwise you wouldn't have responded that way.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:32 AM   #165
Eastwinn
the body electric

Quote:
This money isn't donated. The fans are buying merchandise. Why would they pay that back?

Also, this isn't Kickstarter, but I would think since you're familiar with it that you would be aware of the perk system.

they're paying $10 for a download they could have stolen on its release day. i would consider that donating.

i was so sure it was kickstarter. i went back and sure enough it the layout is an exact replica of kickstarter's, down to the pixel.
Eastwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:47 AM   #166
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn
they're paying $10 for a download they could have stolen on its release day. i would consider that donating.

i was so sure it was kickstarter. i went back and sure enough it the layout is an exact replica of kickstarter's, down to the pixel.

Paying for something I could steal is the same thing as donating now?

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #167
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
you don't think i'm trolling though, do you? 'cuz otherwise you wouldn't have responded that way.

Trolling is the only reason you are on this site, Due.

Covers:
Old 01-27-2013, 01:50 AM   #168
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

Quote:

+1

Man, society changes so fast.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:57 AM   #169
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Trolling is the only reason you are on this site, Due.

well it's only 'cuz pitters are all dumb and have boring conversations.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #170
StewieSwan
Play my dudelsack

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarist41
I don't know; I hate Sci-Fi. I just know that Protest put quite a bit of Star Trek crap in the lyrics.

...I really have too much time on my hands.

Star Trek TOS, Season 2, The Ultimate Computer, Act 2.

And no, I didn't look that up

Old 01-27-2013, 02:17 AM   #171
Eastwinn
the body electric

Quote:

i might pay $10 for the cd if i were into them, but $10 for just a preorder of a download is highway robbery. the real issue however are the perks they're selling. they're raising huge amounts of money (far more than what they need to record) by effectively selling their own autographs on ebay. this is definitely manipulative, and definitely crap.
Eastwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:20 AM   #172
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

Quote:
i might pay $10 for the cd if i were into them, but $10 for just a preorder of a download is highway robbery. the real issue however are the perks they're selling. they're raising huge amounts of money (far more than what they need to record) by effectively selling their own autographs on ebay. this is definitely manipulative, and definitely crap.

PTH-fan mentality =/= Bieber-fan mentality, man.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:21 AM   #173
StewieSwan
Play my dudelsack

Quote:

Who the fuck are you to decide what their music/autographs/whatever are worth?

Old 01-27-2013, 02:23 AM   #174
due 07
haaan

Quote:

precisely. to all of this.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:29 AM   #175
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:

I'm not the kind of person that would pay for a product I can't hold in my hands either, but why should I be opposed to a band charging the same thing for their product that everybody else charges for the same product? Robbery, my ass.

And yet again, I don't see the problem with any of the perks they're selling. You're opposed to bands selling autographed merchandise? What's wrong with that? So the vinyl records are signed. So what? They're not charging any more than what would normally be charged for a limited edition vinyl. I've bought plenty of shit that comes autographed (mostly tab books). Those autographs have never done anything to the price or value of what I was buying.

And more importantly: 1) They can spend whatever the hell they feel necessary on recording. 2) Recording is not by any means the only thing this money is going to. 3) I'll say it again, the amount of money they asked for has zero effect whatsoever on what they will actually raise.

Covers:
Old 01-27-2013, 03:32 AM   #176
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

What this comes down to is still people complaining about a band allowing fans to pre-order some shit so that they can afford to maintain their career without owing all of their money to a label. I ask again. What in the world is wrong with that?

Covers:
Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #177
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lncognito
Dude, I totally fucking love you, so if I were to bring along some external problem with you, it could only have been me bashing at you for leaving my wonder unresolved as to whether you've actually memorized every detail of what you post or are actually using external sources when you write.

To clear that up for you, I don't usualy have every detail of what I post commited to memory, but if I'm posting something factual I'll certainly know something about the subject in question, (I wouldn't be posting if I didn't) which is what allows me to then find the best sources to check my facts against before posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lncognito
I know the quoted post was kinda old, but I don't want you to think I hold any hard feelings for you. I can't remember exactly how the discussion took place earlier in this thread, and can't be bothered checking, but I assure that anything I wrote...
I had to check, since I couldn't actually remember sufficient details to make a coherent statement. After doing that I think I've realized the source of this confusion; in my post, I was merely referencing your last post at that time, which in my eyes was overly patronising. However, my post seemed to reference some previous posts that he could have had responded to, of which none were worthy of such description.

Then I suggest that we just shake on it and leave it at that.
Quote:
Who the fuck are you to decide what their music/autographs/whatever are worth?

'Music/autographs/whatever' are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for them, if that's what he's willing to pay, then that's the current value of the music/autographs/whatever... until someone makes a better offer.

Slacker's Art Website.

Last edited by SlackerBabbath : 01-27-2013 at 06:25 AM.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #178
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
'Music/autographs/whatever' are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for them, if that's what he's willing to pay, then that's the current value of the music/autographs/whatever... until someone makes a better offer.

Then they are worth whatever the donators are willing to pay for them.

Covers:
Old 01-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #179
StewieSwan
Play my dudelsack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath

Erm...yeah. That was kinda my point.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #180
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
What this comes down to is still people complaining about a band allowing fans to pre-order some shit so that they can afford to maintain their career without owing all of their money to a label. I ask again. What in the world is wrong with that?

Nothing, except some people apparently have this odd idea that it doesn't fit their definition of "crowdsourcing" or whatever...

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: