Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #1
TimeToPretend!

Travel Acoustic for 100$

So basically I have a 2 week trip to Jamaica coming up and since i have a few shows right after I get back I would like to keep practicing while i'm there. I'm looking for a used acoustic guitar under 100$ that I would only use on this trip (don't want to risk breaking my nice one's in rough conditions). Any suggestions on brands I should look for/avoid?
TimeToPretend! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #2
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

i like the washburn rover, and you might find it used or as a second for that price. it comes in a handy storage case that should fit in any overhead, too.

you might also consider the yamaha CGS 102A. it's a mini classical, and considering it's all laminate, it's not bad at all. or if you want to go really small, the yamaha guitalele is the size of a large uke with 6 strings. you tune it a little higher than standard, but it's very easy to carry. honestly i prefer the rover, but i currently own both of the yamahas for carry-arounds - i sold my rover 'cause i don't like a 1 11/16" nut and both the yamahas have a wider nut, although nowhere near the width of a full sized classical.
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
freelanddoug

Have you seen the Voyage Air travel guitars? Pricier than what your looking for but very cool for air travel. The neck folds up at the 14th fret, and the whole thing fits in a back pack. Fits in the overhead.
freelanddoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
Bikewer

We just got one of the little Yamaha "Guitarlele" jobs.... Usually available for 100 bucks or under.
it's a nylon-string instrument; you can think of it as a mini-classical.
Fun to play.
Bikewer is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: