Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #81
Zangetsu 101
UG's Supreme Commander
 
Zangetsu 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Cry more.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions




Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshootr55


Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.


Zangetsu 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #82
girlgerms007
mostly harmless
 
girlgerms007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Get. The. Key. Off. Him.
__________________
not going viral


Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
girlgerms007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #83
BelowTheSun
Registered User
 
BelowTheSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmodo23
No. We were kinda like All That Remains and As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage. Converge isnt really metalcore to me. They seem to fall more in the hardcore punk realm.

Cannot believe no-one has picked up on this yet. I'm a big fan of all the bands you mentioned, but metalcore is Converge
__________________
BelowTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #84
the bartender
Biologist
 
the bartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the Netherlands
Tell him to return his key. If he refuses, call the police. It's that simple TS, even a 16 year old could have solved this.
__________________
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children

You must not do it anymore
the bartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #85
whoomit
 
whoomit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
ahahaha 9/10 ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
ahahahah 9/10 ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
I think this might be my favourite ever thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
hey everyone remember how good this thread is

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
9/10

__________________
whoomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #86
edmodo23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_7_x
All those bands have more than one member.

Or is this another example of you using "we" to mean just you?

No. We were a 4-piece band that went out and played shows without a drummer before I decided it was never going to go anywhere and kicked everyone out.
edmodo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #87
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
 
a_7_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Glasgow.
How did that sound?
__________________


"And it's the thrill of life that enables us to flow"
a_7_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #88
edmodo23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_7_x
How did that sound?

Really bad because we were considered a local joke because our rhythm guitarist would never tune and had stage freight really bad so he had to sit down to play during shows, the bassist would put his bass strap through his belt loops so he can squat down really low to play, not to mention he only played open notes because he couldnt really play. Our singer could never sing on key and during shows he would read off a lyric sheet, and he had embarrassing stage presence. Not to mention, we didnt have a drummer and we played shows with popular local bands that have pro-recorded full length albums released. Our band was really bad.
edmodo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #89
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
How the hell did you play metalcore without a drummer
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
95% of teens have moved on to hip hop. Put this in your sig if you're part of th 5% who care about REAL music.




Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #90
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
 
a_7_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Glasgow.
I don't think it matters if your guitarist sits or stands during shows - you never had a drummer. Like, that isn't serious is it?!
__________________


"And it's the thrill of life that enables us to flow"
a_7_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #91
edmodo23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
How the hell did you play metalcore without a drummer

Everyone just followed what I was doing to stay on time
edmodo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #92
Extra Ordinary
Meh
 
Extra Ordinary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmodo23
No. We were a 4-piece band that went out and played shows without a drummer before I decided it was never going to go anywhere and kicked everyone out.

And you guys played metalcore? It's a good thing you had that much sense. If only you had enough to solve your problem through one or more of the many suggestions we gave.
show

Last edited by Extra Ordinary : 01-18-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Extra Ordinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #93
edmodo23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_7_x
I don't think it matters if your guitarist sits or stands during shows - you never had a drummer. Like, that isn't serious is it?!

I knew we sucked, but the singer and guitarist were hoping we would impress a local drummer at a show that would want to join. It was a bad idea, we played for an audience of about 75 people once when we opened for The Day Is Ours
edmodo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #94
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
 
a_7_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Glasgow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmodo23
I knew we sucked, but the singer and guitarist were hoping we would impress a local drummer at a show that would want to join. It was a bad idea, we played for an audience of about 75 people once when we opened for The Day Is Ours


Pleeeeeease tell me there's a Youtube video of you guys playing?
__________________


"And it's the thrill of life that enables us to flow"
a_7_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #95
the bartender
Biologist
 
the bartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the Netherlands
So you decided that you wanted to go solo, and instead of saying "I'm leaving" you said "I'm kicking everyone else out"? What makes you feel like you have the right to decide that they can't continue without you?
__________________
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children

You must not do it anymore
the bartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #96
edmodo23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by the bartender
So you decided that you wanted to go solo, and instead of saying "I'm leaving" you said "I'm kicking everyone else out"? What makes you feel like you have the right to decide that they can't continue without you?

They all pissed me off to the point where I didnt care about how they felt lol.
edmodo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #97
edmodo23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_7_x
Pleeeeeease tell me there's a Youtube video of you guys playing?

Found and destroyed all of the videos i am aware of that ever existed
edmodo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #98
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
 
a_7_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Glasgow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmodo23
Found and destroyed all of the videos i am aware of that ever existed


But we are your new Pit brothers. Share one here - you may find a drummer?
__________________


"And it's the thrill of life that enables us to flow"
a_7_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #99
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_7_x
But we are your new Pit brothers. Share one here - you may find a drummer?

It's true

I was considering it, but want to see how awesome you guys are first
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
95% of teens have moved on to hip hop. Put this in your sig if you're part of th 5% who care about REAL music.




Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #100
edmodo23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
It's true

I was considering it, but want to see how awesome you guys are first

We only had live footage of two shows we had, but I found the original files and deleted them. There are no more live videos of us that I am aware of. BUT we do have some demo recordings we made back in March 2012, if I can find my old flash drive I can probably post them.
edmodo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.