User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
timbit2006
DEATH THRASH!

Phone Recording App

Hello,
I have an Android phone that actually makes decent sounding recordings. I'm using it to get rough ideas down but the stock recording software that comes with the phone kinda sucks.
I need a free DAW capable of multiple track recording so I can layer lead on rhythm guitar and do the occasional bass line.
I do have a good recording setup but I need something more portable for my spur of the moment ideas. Usually by the time I setup the mics, open the DAW, get the mixer powered up I usually forget what I was recording in the first place.

Thanks for any suggestions.
--timbit

Last edited by timbit2006 : 01-20-2013 at 01:40 AM.
timbit2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
Billwallace89
Go Blackhawks!

Look for HiQ mp3. I don't remember the company name. It's not multitrack but I've gotten GREAT recordings out of it.
Billwallace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #3
timbit2006
DEATH THRASH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billwallace89
Look for HiQ mp3. I don't remember the company name. It's not multitrack but I've gotten GREAT recordings out of it.

Multitracking is a must for me. The "Sound Recorder" app that comes stock with the phone is pretty decent although it does save to some weird 3ga format that I have to convert.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:41 AM   #4
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick

Good luck finding one that's any good that doesn't kill your Android battery. Unfortunately, Android doesn't have an audio engine capable of doing Multi-track very well from what I remember from a year ago (this question has been brought up before). If you want something that's going to do Multi-Track well, sell your soul to Apple and buy an iPhone
Old 01-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
Apc3

I've been using "Twotrack Recorder" on my Android without any issues with the battery or anything. I used another one that did more tracks, but can't remember the name and chose to use Twotrack because it's faster and all I need to scratch down ideas. I think multitracking probably has alot to do with your processor and ram in your phone. I have a SnapDragon 1.2 dual core processor and 1 gig of RAM in my LG Motion and have no issues running multitrack recordings. I'm not sure if platform matters either, but I'm running ICS still.
Apc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 AM   #6
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick

I did a quick search and I remembered correctly. Android, up until 4.1, didn't have a Low Latency Audio Engine like iOS has had forever. Still, from what I've read, its far from perfect and there is still a ton of latency.

Rate This Thread: