User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #81
TechnicolorType
<33333333334567

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madcap
Jesus Christ, fine, every guy that I've known was gay has talked like that.

Thank you.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure there are gay guys with non-stereotypically gay voices. I personally haven't known any. I'm sure I've interacted with some that I didn't know were gay. I wasn't trying to say if you're gay, you talk like Ross Matthews.
well that's what I thought from reading it
TechnicolorType is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #82
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinLattes

I had a friend in middle school who spoke in this stereotypical manner. Guys in our class made a habit of shoving him into the girl's bathroom during lunch. One day we were giving presentations in social studies, and he came out to all of us. He started talking about how he came out to his family and how he was basically disowned, and that they told him they would send him back to the Philippines to "cure" him. It was truly heartbreaking to watch this tiny twelve year old break down in front of entire class.

Unfortunately, that happens a lot :/

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers
Gibson_SG_uzr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #83
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Have you ever heard of anthropology?

yeah, i've taken a social anth class and even though at times it still seemed sketchy, at least anthropologists are more sensitive regarding who they're studying, and don't take such a normative approach to everything. there is nothing scientific about this thread--in fact it seems actively anti-scientific.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #84
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist

Quote:
Did you know they were gay or did you assume they were based on their speech pattern?
Know. I'm referring to people that I worked with or go/went to school with, and I've heard them talk about stuff that makes me know their gay (like mentioning a boyfriend or something).

And I really don't assume people are gay by how they talk. I've even had people call me out (like saying something like "man, how the hell could you not know he was gay?") because I never considered somebody would be gay even though they were a total walking stereotype.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 (I know, at this point it's sad).
Voted UG's best Male dresser 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtasic15
Ahem, no offense to any of the fags mentioned.
The Madcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #85
MakinLattes
fully retractable

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
yeah, i've taken a social anth class and even though at times it still seemed sketchy, at least anthropologists are more sensitive regarding who they're studying, and don't take such a normative approach to everything. there is nothing scientific about this thread--in fact it seems actively anti-scientific.

I don't mean current anthropologists. It was a rather dehumanizing field for a while.

I think the gross generalizations are funny, in a sad kind of way.
MakinLattes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #86
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE

Due, when I say I wonder about the "gay" voice, I don't mean that it is weird or unnatural. Like I stated before, there are plenty of gay people who don't talk that way, and straight people who do; it's just a voice. I just, you know, wonder how it works that way often No offense

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers
Gibson_SG_uzr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #87
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07

Of course there's nothing scientific about this thread, nobody here has conducted a study of speech in heterosexual and homosexual men. However, the question is one that can be answered by such a study, and in fact it would be good to do so both for the fields of human sexual study and speech development. Camp tone and mannerisms clearly do have some correlation with homosexuality, and studying that could cast light on a great deal of questions with regards to the way in which sexuality shapes identity, and indeed how linguistic memes evolve within specific groups.

Part of accepting gay people is accepting that they aren't identical to heterosexual people, and treating them as some group that needs to be protected and guarded from studies that might help illuminate a great deal simply because of some silly knee-jerk response is pointless for everyone. Celebrate the difference and study and understand the way that humans act within certain circumstances and cliques; that's the only way to get any kind of equality.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #88
bdof

I can't stand the "F@ggot" voice. Not the gay voice, because there is no such thing.
I know most gay men can't stand that shit being stereotypical for ALL of gay men. It's basically like that super annoying, ditsy girl, Paris Hilton style voice. Think all women like being associated with THAT as a stereotypical voice?

BTW, don't hate on my use of the word F@ggot, plz. There's just no other word that can describe it better: a super annoying pompous gay man

Last edited by bdof : 01-20-2013 at 12:18 AM.
bdof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #89
blake1221
‭‭

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdof
BTW, don't hate on my use of the word F@ggot, plz. There's just no other word that can describe it better: a super annoying pompous gay man

Don't hate on my use of the word "nigger," please. There's just no other way I can reveal my bigotry and ignorance.

Last edited by blake1221 : 01-20-2013 at 12:32 AM.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #90
AxeToFall
Dazed Glonuts

I don't know if it's inherited or just a product of your environment (like accents).

What I do know is that when I get really really drunk I talk with a lisp, so a lot of my friends/drinking associates think that I'm gay
AxeToFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #91
bdof

Oh stop

EDIT: Not you^
But do they make fun of you and give ya shit about it like a ribbing? Or are they being serious?

Last edited by bdof : 01-20-2013 at 12:38 AM.
bdof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #92
willT08
Official Classist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdof
Oh stop

It's called 'Camp'. And that's a lot less offensive. In fact I've never met a gay person who really objects to the word.
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #93
wasamuel

this thread is utter nonsense. Despite the fact that it's borderline homophobic, what facts can be ascertained from "All the gay people I know talk like this" or " I know 2 gay people and they speak like that."

I might start a thread about how all people that listen who metal music cut themselves and are emos, cus all the people I know that like metal music, cut themselves and are emos, and I'm sure I could find loads of chavs to agree with me. what is it about metal fans that makes them emo and self-harmers. maybe its because they listen to metal and feel the need to identify with other metal fans, so they cut themselves yeah???

and this thread doesn't help the image that rock and metal fans are generally homophobic, but the casual and open way you discuss an issue like this will make people think twice.

and the answer to this guys questions is...who gives a ****?!?
wasamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #94
blake1221
‭‭

No self respecting emo kid would listen to metal.

Case disproven.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #95
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasamuel
and this thread doesn't help the image that rock and metal fans are generally homophobic, but the casual and open way you discuss an issue like this will make people think twice.

and the answer to this guys questions is...who gives a ****?!?

Lord knows that free inquiry is an evil evil thing and needs to be stopped.

I also quite like the way you rail on stereotyping and then stereotype, it's elegant.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:41 AM   #96
whitechocolate2

vocaroo . com/i/ s16nltTRakJk
(remove spaces)

BECAUSE YOU ALL SUCK.

Last edited by whitechocolate2 : 01-20-2013 at 01:42 AM.
whitechocolate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:42 AM   #97
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate2
[forbidden link]

BECAUSE YOU ALL SUCK.

>forbidden link
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Horsedick.MPEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:43 AM   #98
Jackintehbox
Banana in the street

My brother's gay, but you'd never be able to tell just by talking to him. He speaks the same way as anyone else. I feel that this qualifies me to say that the stereotypical "gay voice" is annoying.
Jackintehbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:44 AM   #99
whitechocolate2

I just fixed it, it's not my fault I've only used this site for tabs so far. I just got bored and felt like posting.
whitechocolate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:44 AM   #100
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist

Is Vocaroo forbidden, now?

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 (I know, at this point it's sad).
Voted UG's best Male dresser 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtasic15
Ahem, no offense to any of the fags mentioned.
The Madcap is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: