User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #21
Vicious_Turtle
UG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
How does shitty quality control have anything to do with neck dive?

I agree with this though, I hate those bridges. Nobody should have to pay $75 for the bridge that the guitar should have. It should already have it, even if it comes with a small upcharge.

because im pretty sure gibson doesnt plan on their guitars all neck diving you door knob
Vicious_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #22
T00DEEPBLUE
Ronald Weasley...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious_Turtle

because im pretty sure gibson doesnt plan on their guitars all neck diving you door knob

You are literally too stupid to insult.

How does putting a strap button in the consistently same place make any difference if the position of it makes the neck dive to the floor?

(・ω・`)

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 01-21-2013 at 10:40 AM.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #23
Robbgnarly

Quote:

The neck dive on SG's does not bother me at all and obviously it does not bother the millions of people who have bought them. Calling it shitty QC is just stupid and ignorant.

Gibson have a very good reputation for the great QC they have. How else would you explain their sales? A bunch of rich morons just trowing their money away?

I have noticed since I have joined here all the hate twards gibson is from people who don't want to afford a guitar that is as expensive as Gibson. And for the majority of those people, they really don't need to spend that much because they are hobby players, and that is absolutely fine. I have some things that are hobbies, and I do not spend the money on highend gear, because I cant justify spending that much for a hobby.

I play music what I consider professionaly because I make a good suplimental income and I really enjoy it. So this is one area I choose to spend money on good equipment So to me the high-end gear is waranted and justified.

There is some gear that I do shy away from, but that doesn't mean it is bad, low quality gear, just that I prefer something else. But what your saying is like me saying "Mercedes cars are crap because they cost so much money and I like hondas better"
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #24
Vicious_Turtle
UG Member

Gibson have a very good reputation for the great QC they have. How else would you explain their sales? A bunch of rich morons just trowing their money away?

hhahahahahahahaha have you eve been to a guitar center? and no im not to stupid to insult
think about this.

if you take 100 les pauls, and 10 have neck dives to them. then tell me......how good is the quality controll........weahter they were all suppose to have neck dive or not. it doesnt matter. not all are the same. hence bad quality control. now, go ahead and feel stupid.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #25
JustRooster
Organ Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfj06
It's called neck dive. I've never played the tremonti but I've played the santana and single cut se and they were very well balanced

Hey, more Wisconsin folks on the board!

Roostyalcatraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Spudly
Heck I killed a grizzly with a telecaster. Tex-Mex pickups too. Imagine what I could have done with twang kings or something like that.

JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #26
Robbgnarly

Sure the name helps carry the price up, but they are known for great quality.
Again I'll ask you how does neck dive affect the build quality? That is the balance of the guitar. Some guitars are balanced much better than others, some are not.

And no Gibson are not all the same, they are hand made guitars that take very skilled workers to do the job.

Obviously your set in what you think, and thats fine, just don't try and push your opinon as fact on others. Just because you don't like something does not mean everyone else shares your view.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Old 01-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #27
Vicious_Turtle
UG Member

your right, i think your ******ed, but there are probably some who think your not
Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #28
T00DEEPBLUE
Ronald Weasley...

Quote:

hhahahahahahahaha have you eve been to a guitar center? and no im not to stupid to insult
think about this.

if you take 100 les pauls, and 10 have neck dives to them. then tell me......how good is the quality controll........weahter they were all suppose to have neck dive or not. it doesnt matter. not all are the same. hence bad quality control. now, go ahead and feel stupid.

Nope, i'm still convinced you're stupid.
Quote:
your right, i think your ******ed, but there are probably some who think your not

Point proven.

(・ω・`)
Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #29
JustRooster
Organ Donor

You must really know a lot about Gibson guitars.

Roostyalcatraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Spudly
Heck I killed a grizzly with a telecaster. Tex-Mex pickups too. Imagine what I could have done with twang kings or something like that.

JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #30
Vicious_Turtle
UG Member

i actually have a usa made gibson explorer, and have played many usa made gibsons oer the years, havent updated that in since i joined. so....
Old 01-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #31
Robbgnarly

Quote:

Your entitled to your opinion, but I'm sure most people have learned that you and a few others on these boards just like to stir up shit. and really don't care what your opinion is.

I was having a completly civil conversation stating facts and you throw out, nothing but opinions and nothing substantual.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Old 01-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #32
socrfb

I just got a PRS Tremonti SE and I haven't had any problems with it. Yes, the stoptail bridge may be a problem to some as you can't adjust the strings individually, but if that's a problem for you take a look at the Tremonti SE Custom. Only costs about $700 new and comes with a trem bridge, which if you were to buy from PRS you'd actually save money. The question is whether or not you want maple or just mahogany.

I'd recommend getting it from Fret12 (Mark Tremonti's site or I guess technically his brother's). You can get a free copy of his instructional DVD (with a separate signed cover), an All I Was signed album cover, and the backplate on the guitar will be autographed also. You'll also get a PRS Signature magazine featuring Mark and a little poster of him. It only cost me $600 (includes $50 for 2 day shipping to Hawaii) for a Tremonti SE, so it's pretty much the best deal out there online. Here's the link to all the guitars the site offers.

http://store.fret12.com/Guitars-s/49.htm
socrfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #33
necas00

i got a prs se tremonti 2009 model(no tremolo) amazing guitar very well built lovely to play!had fender guitar,epiphone,bc rich,jackson but they not even comes closer to the prs se tremonti!the pups are not bad they are g&b pups they korean and they sweet..theres no problems of balance in this guitar mate,or bridge or intonation...the prs se guitar is great guitar will stick to u for a long time..it worth the money u pay for it!!! prs se tremonti,jackson flying v andy rhodes rx d10 duncan distortion bridge,peavey bandit transtube,distortion pedal digitech tl2 hardwire metal distortion..my neighbours ****ing hate me i do hate them too,bang ur ****ing head break some bones live free die free,**** politrics of parasites..
necas00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #34
cip 123

I have the Tremonti SE hardtail version there is an SE version with a Trem. The guitar has very good intonation for a wraparound bridge (although I eventually changed it for a Schaller) and I have no neck dive.
cip 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #35
T00DEEPBLUE
Ronald Weasley...

3 month old thread.

I'm pretty sure TS has bought a guitar by now.

(・ω・`)

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 04-21-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #36
RedJamaX

If you really like the guitar's feel and playability, you might also want to consider this...
http://guitarvideochannel.wordpress...p-guitar-strap/

The reviews on this product seem decent, so if you're really in love with a guitar that has that problem it might be an option...
RedJamaX is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: