Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 12-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
adamishkos
Registered User
 
adamishkos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Need some help/info on floyd rose

Hello, everyone!
To put it shortly: I've been looking for a new guitar (preferences: around $1000, Floyd Rose), my guitar teacher told me he would find me one (allegedly he's got some contacts, or whatever). A really good one, original american Fender Stratocaster (at first I wanted to buy a V, but he talked me out of that, I trusted him since he's a guitar teacher). However, when the guitar arrived, there was nothing on it, that I would describe as Floyd Rose. But when I told my teacher, he said, that it actually HAS a Floyd Rose tremolo. I am really confused. Bellow you can see photos of the bridge (sorry for the potato quality).




Is that really Floyd Rose? I always thought that THIS is the only way it can be. Thanks for your replies.
adamishkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
Robbgnarly
Registered User
 
Robbgnarly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NSB, FL
No that is a vintage style Fender tremolo.I would not pay for it regardless

Your teacher sounds like a douche who knows nothing. If you want a V get a damn V. They are actually one of the most comfortable guitars I have ever played.
__________________
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
adamishkos
Registered User
 
adamishkos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Thank you. And there's even more to that. The guitar has even shorter sustain than my very first Washburn RX10 guitar and when played with distortion, doesn't sound as good. Plus the guitar was repainted prior to being given to me, which some of the guitar players I know believe to be a hint, that it might not be a completely legally obtained guitar.
adamishkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
T00DEEPBLUE
Freaky Alien Genotype
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Yeah your teacher sounds like one of those scumbag teachers that want to dictate what their students buy. Fuck that. Buy what you want.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bonta
If you want to follow your gut, you must first acquire a gut.

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 12-07-2014 at 11:20 AM.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
Robbgnarly
Registered User
 
Robbgnarly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NSB, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamishkos
Thank you. And there's even more to that. The guitar has even shorter sustain than my very first Washburn RX10 guitar and when played with distortion, doesn't sound as good. Plus the guitar was repainted prior to being given to me, which some of the guitar players I know believe to be a hint, that it might not be a completely legally obtained guitar.

Get your money back ASAP get your parents involved (if your a minor) That guy has completely screwed you. I'd be willing to bet it isn't even a USA made Fender if he is trying to convince you that a Fender branded vintage style trem is a Floyd Rose.


That guitar has single coil pickups which are not the pickups you want if your playing with lots of distortion.

Drop the teacher and get a new one
__________________
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #6
adamishkos
Registered User
 
adamishkos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Yes, I was considering this option as well, and now that you're saying it out loud...
adamishkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #7
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
Yeah your teacher sounds like one of those scumbag teachers that want to dictate what their students buy. Fuck that. Buy what you want.


+1

that's not a floyd rose.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:39 AM   #8
Hydra26
(please print clearly)
 
Hydra26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Yeah, I second what everyone else says. It seems your teacher steered you towards something he wanted to sell you (maybe for his "contact"). If it's a real fender, it's probably a decent guitar but he shouldn't be trying to dictate your preferences. It seems to me like he's not concerned with what you want out of all this and I think maybe the suggestion of finding a new teacher is a good one.
Hydra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:26 AM   #9
Fisheth24
i swear on me mum
 
Fisheth24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Get your money back and a new teacher.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapOfYourHead
Sounds like she want's you to rub your beard on her


Fisheth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #10
adamishkos
Registered User
 
adamishkos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Just a quick update: Today the teacher visited my mom at work (he appeared just a few minutes after he received her message, that we want to return the guitar) and was still convinced, that he's done nothing wrong. After my mother insisted on getting the money back, he replied, that HE DOES NOT HAVE THE MONEY ANYMORE, and in order to get it back, we will have to sell the guitar to someone else. Now if you asked me, I'd say he got rid of that cash rather quickly.

PS: Thanks everyone for your help on this case!
adamishkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #11
Fisheth24
i swear on me mum
 
Fisheth24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamishkos
Just a quick update: Today the teacher visited my mom at work (he appeared just a few minutes after he received her message, that we want to return the guitar) and was still convinced, that he's done nothing wrong. After my mother insisted on getting the money back, he replied, that HE DOES NOT HAVE THE MONEY ANYMORE, and in order to get it back, we will have to sell the guitar to someone else. Now if you asked me, I'd say he got rid of that cash rather quickly.

PS: Thanks everyone for your help on this case!


Is there anything legal you can do here?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapOfYourHead
Sounds like she want's you to rub your beard on her


Fisheth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #12
adamishkos
Registered User
 
adamishkos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Well, since the guitar officially exists in the Fender register, we can pretty much do as he says - sell the guitar to someone else and get some other guitar (and a new teacher).
adamishkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #13
Robbgnarly
Registered User
 
Robbgnarly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NSB, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamishkos
Well, since the guitar officially exists in the Fender register, we can pretty much do as he says - sell the guitar to someone else and get some other guitar (and a new teacher).

Yeah he's a shady. Tell everyone you know that he is crap. I'd go to the police and tell them what happened and have them get your money back, because it is FRAUD what he has done. or tell him to give you the money at the end of the week.


Just because a serial # is right means nothing these days, serial #'s are faked all the time. Get the police involved (as much as I hate police) this is your best course of action. he was soposed to sell you a guitar with a FR and he sold you something else in place of that. Personally I go to his house and start breaking bones until he came up with the money. You live in eastern Europe, you guys are great at torture use that to your advantage
__________________
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate

Last edited by Robbgnarly : 12-08-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #14
adamishkos
Registered User
 
adamishkos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
WHAT THE ACTUAL ****, MAN?!

WE'RE CENTRAL EUROPE, NOT EASTERN! WHEN WILL YOU LEARN THE DIFFERENCE!



I don't think the police would help, since the trade was unofficial and there's no receipt and not even that some kind of "family tree" of the guitar (I don't know it, I just heard they give those to every original guitar made in the USA).

Last edited by adamishkos : 12-09-2014 at 10:29 AM.
adamishkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #15
Fisheth24
i swear on me mum
 
Fisheth24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Try it and see what's said, surely there's something legal you can do here...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapOfYourHead
Sounds like she want's you to rub your beard on her


Fisheth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #16
Robbgnarly
Registered User
 
Robbgnarly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NSB, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamishkos
WHAT THE ACTUAL ****, MAN?!

WE'RE CENTRAL EUROPE, NOT EASTERN! WHEN WILL YOU LEARN THE DIFFERENCE!



I don't think the police would help, since the trade was unofficial and there's no receipt and not even that some kind of "family tree" of the guitar (I don't know it, I just heard they give those to every original guitar made in the USA).

What ever you guys are all crazy regardless

But seriously I'd talk to the police and see if you do have any legal action you can take. Worst they can say is NO
__________________
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.