Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Kenji20022

NGD BFR Win!

Okay, this past saturday I had saved up enough money to get a certain guitar I wanted with the calculated coupon I had. I expected to spend around 2000ish. So come saturday I go into the store, and mind you the staff that I've talked to are great so is the manager there.

I go to the register, and we look up the 7 string version of the guitar, the price was actually way out of my range so I disappointedly started walking out. And out of curiosity I went back and asked the salesman that helped me if he could look up the price of the 6 string with the coupon. We did. This is what showed up.

My eyes got WIDE and I was pretty surprised. I asked if he would get fired if I bought it at that price and he said no, we called the manager and he said it shouldn't be a problem but call guitarcenter.com and confirm for him.

So I did, I took that picture because if something came up (which it did) I'd have proof of the price.

I get on the phone with an associate and he's pretty surprised too about this, me AND the salesman confirm the price onscreen for him and he says yeah that's fine let's process it.

So I pay in cash in-store and they make a giftcard out of it, and we order it online. And I'm smiling and I'm as happy as can be. I thank the salesman, and I thank the manager for the help.

They lost the order.
They don't know what happened, so my "cash" is sitting somewhere in suspension because the gift card was never filled with cash. So I'm pretty furious, I didn't get a receipt all I got was an "order number" with no information tied to it behind my coupon. When I asked for a coupon in store he said it would be emailed to me.

This is when I started getting frustrated. The salesman told me it SHIPPED and should be arriving TODAY or FRIDAY. So I'm pretty stoked.

I got a call on monday, "Oh hey, there's an issue we're working out and we'll order it tomorrow".

Repeat that for the last 3 days.

So today the manager calls me, and he tells me that for me to receive the guitar I would have to pay more money than I actually paid because it was below cost. In my head I kinda went, well who's fault is that? And I told him no there's no way I'm doing that, I have things to pay and how can you expect anyone to have extra cash lying around for something like this?

So he told me he would call me back in a couple of days, which sounds pretty bleak and like it's not going anywhere. So I just told him, listen man if you or anyone would have said it's not cool and there's no way I could have bought it like that day 1, I wouldn't have bought it. But your company needs to honor the price if that's what's showing.

So I had him call in to this SUPER sweet girl, who works in Store Support and she literally got it cleared in 2 minutes flat. And she got me next day air shipping for no additional cost, so I could get it in the original time slot. Which I find nothing short of brilliant how it took one young woman to help sort this whole thing out. Overall everything worked out and it should be getting here tomorrow. I'll obviously update this with pictures and an extremely in depth review of it.

I'm sure most of you can guess what it is based on the price but I'd like to keep it as somewhat of a surprise lol. So I hid the retail price and like my last NGD I'll let you guess overnight :hbang:

PICTURE BUMP

and The rest of the family!

This guitar blew away all my expectations of what a guitar should feel like, thinnest neck I've ever played. And like all the reviews have said, the neck isn't held back by the gloss. The Piezo sounds magical, and so does the CL/LF. The stainless steel frets are a huge sigh of relief, I won't have to worry about leveling or changing these frets for awhile.

And more than anything I just love the way it looks, the color pops and it's extremely hard to catch the sparkle under any circumstances.

I am beyond happy with this guitar and plan on playing it for years to come.

Here's the rest of the pictures for all to enjoy, I'm making videos asap!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/722207...57632550619294/
Ibanez Premium RG927QM
LTD Purple H-1001
Yamaha NTX700
Kenji20022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
T00DEEPBLUE
Ronald Weasley...

I hate EG sometimes. Constantly mocking me with all their nice guitars.

Play it well, man.

(´・ω・`)
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
AcidParadox

Happy NGD, man! I'm happy everything worked out. That BFR is really beautiful. I like the inlays. I also like your red Ibanez, the finish makes it look really menacing.

EDIT: Also, what's that purple one? I like the finish on it and the binding really tops it off.

Last edited by AcidParadox : 01-20-2013 at 07:48 PM.
AcidParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
Robbgnarly

HNGD
Good deal also
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
Kenji20022

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidParadox
Happy NGD, man! I'm happy everything worked out. That BFR is really beautiful. I like the inlays. I also like your red Ibanez, the finish makes it look really menacing.

EDIT: Also, what's that purple one? I like the finish on it and the binding really tops it off.

Thanks guys! And that is the first guitar I ever bought, she's something of a signature and prized possession of mine. She's an LTD H-1001, a bit too much abalone now that I look at it 4-5 years later, but I love it as much as day 1.

Ibanez Premium RG927QM
LTD Purple H-1001
Yamaha NTX700

Last edited by Kenji20022 : 01-20-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #6
Soccerguy
Bloo

I'm one jealous bastard. If only I had one to pair with my Mark V...
HNGD!
Soccerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
AcidParadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji20022
Thanks guys! And that is the first guitar I ever bought, she's something of a signature and prized possession of mine. She's an LTD H-1001, a bit too much abalone now that I look at it 4-5 years later, but I love it as much as day 1.
*snip image*

Thanks for replying, man. She's really beautiful, and the abalone can be a nice touch. That's the first guitar you ever bought? Wow, and I got saddled with a $60 acoustic. But, like you, I still love her since the day I got her.
AcidParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
JKHC

So you got a new JP BFR for ~ $1600......nice score!

HNGD

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
JKHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
Most_Triumphant
is being Excellent!

Nice guitar! Never been a fan of the MMs myself. I think it's because they look funky.

Like The Who? http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/thewhoclub/
Most_Triumphant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #10
Kenji20022

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidParadox
Thanks for replying, man. She's really beautiful, and the abalone can be a nice touch. That's the first guitar you ever bought? Wow, and I got saddled with a $60 acoustic. But, like you, I still love her since the day I got her.

Haha yeah, I had been playing on my friend's beater Epiphone SG, which he ended up just giving to me after awhile haha. But me and my dad went to Sam Ash to pick out a guitar that I wouldn't need to worry about upgrading or have issues with. We ended up haggling the price of the H-1001 down quite a bit due to a couple dings form the kids banging it up a bit. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKHC
So you got a new JP BFR for ~ $1600......nice score!

HNGD

Yup! Thanks man, it really was a unique situation for a sale like that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Most_Triumphant
Nice guitar! Never been a fan of the MMs myself. I think it's because they look funky.

It can take some getting used to, but there's beauty in it's playability. Just something so ergonomic about it, without you know, being a headless or having a drastically reduced body. But they definitely aren't for everyone!
Ibanez Premium RG927QM
LTD Purple H-1001
Yamaha NTX700
Old 01-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #11
dannyalcatraz

HNGD! That's very nice.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #12
JustRooster
Organ Donor

Always great to hear about people getting dream guitars! HNGD!

Roostyalcatraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Spudly
Heck I killed a grizzly with a telecaster. Tex-Mex pickups too. Imagine what I could have done with twang kings or something like that.

JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #13
bkmurff
My left hand hurts...

Not to be a downer, but I hope no one lost their job or got their pay docked for having the wrong price up. Whenever someone benefits from a mistake, another usually pays for it, one way or another.

Beautiful guitar though!

Last edited by bkmurff : 01-20-2013 at 11:44 PM.
bkmurff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #14
Alucard817

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmurff
Not to be a downer, but I hope no one lost their job or got their pay docked for having the wrong price up. Whenever someone benefits from a mistake, another usually pays for it, one way or another.

Beautiful guitar though!

Not likely. Here in the States if someone gives you a written quote/price, then they HAVE to honor it. If not then it can be considered false advertising. This is Federal law, and each state has it's own laws to coincide with the Federal side as well.

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Alucard817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #15
Kenji20022

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmurff

Beautiful guitar though!

Like I said, I confirmed with the manager before I put any cash towards this. It isn't worth anyone losing their job, there is one kid that did get in trouble though. When my friend Ryan asked said kid about his family and friends discount, the kid said it was 40-50% off basically everything, you could get it at cost basically.

The manager found out, without me saying a word that he was spreading bad information around and did reprimand him. But he did so for other reasons, for whatever reason this kid decided to personally go on my facebook and insult me. He had no right to do that, being that he was a worker, and that he should have respected the privacy of a customer regardless.

He basically equated to calling me a cheap ****, and that I'm a compulsive liar, he thought I had told the manager that I heard the false information from him. Which was completely false, the manager found that on his own, so I just went to the manager and told him. Listen, this kid's 18, it's his first job, but he's WAY out of line you should handle this in store because if it were any other person, they'd be on the phone with regional, or writing a letter to corporate about this. It's not like I wanted him to lose his job, but if it came down to it like it has in various other situations. If someone treats me, my family, or my friends badly in any way while they're on their shift, I'll make sure they lose their job that very night. If they're punched out from their job, I'll make sure to punch them back in haha.

So I feel like I did the right thing, he needs a shove in the right direction because if he keeps doing shit like that, he will lose his job.
Ibanez Premium RG927QM
LTD Purple H-1001
Yamaha NTX700
Old 01-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Sweet story and sweeter guitar man! HNGD

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.

Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #18
dannyalcatraz

Quote:
He basically equated to calling me a cheap ****, and that I'm a compulsive liar, he thought I had told the manager that I heard the false information from him. Which was completely false, the manager found that on his own, so I just went to the manager and told him. Listen, this kid's 18, it's his first job, but he's WAY out of line you should handle this in store because if it were any other person, they'd be on the phone with regional, or writing a letter to corporate about this. It's not like I wanted him to lose his job, but if it came down to it like it has in various other situations. If someone treats me, my family, or my friends badly in any way while they're on their shift, I'll make sure they lose their job that very night. If they're punched out from their job, I'll make sure to punch them back in haha.

Yeah- you just can't do that kind of thing and expect to keep your job. Better he learns that earlier than later.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #19
gregs1020
Hi mom!

sweet!
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #20
CustomAxe

Nice man, I stole my BFR too (the Koa petrucci) for $1900 myself. Love these guitars. Enjoy it!

Rate This Thread: