Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #21
Supersonic-95
UG Member
 
Supersonic-95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're an idiot.

Go away now please.

Also this is metal, it is both cheerful and melodically interesting, both your points are wrong:





All the people in that band look strong in th'arm and thick in th'head.
Supersonic-95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #22
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Yup, idiot.

Go away now please.

If you think that metal cannot be cheerful and have good melodic content then you've obviously gone into it with complete bias anyway.

If you don't like it, that's fine. But you never even gave it a chance.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #23
Supersonic-95
UG Member
 
Supersonic-95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Yup, idiot.

Go away now please.

If you think that metal cannot be cheerful and have good melodic content then you've obviously gone into it with complete bias anyway.

If you don't like it, that's fine. But you never even gave it a chance.


I have give it a chance. I have experimented with all musical types, and I like many types, but metal is for people who are either

1. Confused
2. Live on negative energy
3. Not very masculine, so try to hide their feminine ways.
4. Strong in th'arm and thick in th'head
5. Boring as people
6. Angry at what life as done to them
7. Not easy to get along with as people


And not only all that, metal in also extremely un-cool. Metal music, metal culture, metal clothing and hair fashion - all very un-cool. And who gives you the authority to decide I'm an idiot - classic metalhead (haha!) behaviour. And death metal, what's that about! I'm not dead and I don't want to be, so why think about it? All this silly metal sub genre stuff like metalcore, death, thrash etc is all silly, because at the end of the day it is only one thing:- Bobbins.

Last edited by Supersonic-95 : 01-21-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Supersonic-95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #24
Wesbanez
Registered Abuser
 
Wesbanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: East Anglia, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic-95
I have give it a chance. I have experimented with all musical types, and I like many types, but metal is for people who are either:

1. Confused
2. Live on negative energy
3. Not very masculine, so try to hide their feminine ways.
4. Strong in th'arm and thick in th'head
5. Boring as people
6. Angry at what life as done to them
7. Not easy to get along with as people

And not only all that, metal in also extremely un-cool. Metal music, metal culture, metal clothing and hair fashion - all very un-cool.


I have experience of all types of people, I like many types, but kids posting pointless ******ed threads about what other people like is for people who are:

1. Confused
2. Live on negative energy
3. Not very masculine, so try to hide their feminine ways.
4. Strong in th'arm and thick in th'head
5. Boring as people
6. Angry at what life as done to them
7. Not easy to get along with as people

Not only that, but these ******ed little kids are also extremely un-cool. ******ed kids, pointless threads, obviously trolling - all very un-cool.
Wesbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #25
Supersonic-95
UG Member
 
Supersonic-95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesbanez
I have experience of all types of people, I like many types, but kids posting pointless ******ed threads about what other people like is for people who are:

1. Confused
2. Live on negative energy
3. Not very masculine, so try to hide their feminine ways.
4. Strong in th'arm and thick in th'head
5. Boring as people
6. Angry at what life as done to them
7. Not easy to get along with as people

Not only that, but these ******ed little kids are also extremely un-cool. ******ed kids, pointless threads, obviously trolling - all very un-cool.




OK FLOWER! CALM DOWN!
Supersonic-95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #26
Wesbanez
Registered Abuser
 
Wesbanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: East Anglia, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic-95
OK FLOWER! CALM DOWN!




A new low
Wesbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #27
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...
 
Cavalcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
I revise my previous score. 2/10, WNDBWA.
__________________
If you're reading this, it means UG still has this, but not a :sam: smiley.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #28
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
 
Kytokinesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Following my self-preservation drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic-95
Why?
What is it about metal music that you like? I just can't get it. I find it cheezy and annoying. It's melodic and harmonic content is bobbins. And then it isn't just the music, it's the culture that goes with it - so not-cool. Then every time I hear metal "singing" I find it hard not to laugh a little, I mean, it sounds really comical, something you'ed find in a George Formby film. I mean The Stone Roses are so much better than megadeath. Maybe I'm missing something?

<falselink>


what bands have you even heard

Last edited by Kytokinesis : 01-21-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #29
whywefight
I need loooooooo-
 
whywefight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I don't care where just far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic-95
All the people in that band look strong in th'arm and thick in th'head.

we got a winner here
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #30
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic-95
I have give it a chance. I have experimented with all musical types, and I like many types, but metal is for people who are either

1. Confused
2. Live on negative energy
3. Not very masculine, so try to hide their feminine ways.
4. Strong in th'arm and thick in th'head
5. Boring as people
6. Angry at what life as done to them
7. Not easy to get along with as people


And not only all that, metal in also extremely un-cool. Metal music, metal culture, metal clothing and hair fashion - all very un-cool. And who gives you the authority to decide I'm an idiot - classic metalhead (haha!) behaviour. And death metal, what's that about! I'm not dead and I don't want to be, so why think about it? All this silly metal sub genre stuff like metalcore, death, thrash etc is all silly, because at the end of the day it is only one thing:- Bobbins.


What bands did you listen to when you gave it a chance? Also, it doesn't count as "giving it a chance" if you just listened to the obvious big Metal bands and said, "yeah, it sucks and it's gay and lame hurrrr".
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #31
whywefight
I need loooooooo-
 
whywefight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I don't care where just far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic-95
I have give it a chance. I have experimented with all musical types, and I like many types, but metal is for people who are either

1. Confused
2. Live on negative energy
3. Not very masculine, so try to hide their feminine ways.
4. Strong in th'arm and thick in th'head
5. Boring as people
6. Angry at what life as done to them
7. Not easy to get along with as people


And not only all that, metal in also extremely un-cool. Metal music, metal culture, metal clothing and hair fashion - all very un-cool. And who gives you the authority to decide I'm an idiot - classic metalhead (haha!) behaviour. And death metal, what's that about! I'm not dead and I don't want to be, so why think about it? All this silly metal sub genre stuff like metalcore, death, thrash etc is all silly, because at the end of the day it is only one thing:- Bobbins.


oh man, I didn't even notice this part at first. this describes exactly 0 metalheads that I know.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #32
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart
 
AnnihiSlateR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Leigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're an idiot.

Go away now please.

Also this is metal, it is both cheerful and melodically interesting, both your points are wrong:


Fun fact, I'm in that crowd.

Also George Formby is alright, but for jovial Lancashire folk music I prefer artists he inspired like the Houghton Weavers or the Oldham Tinkers.
AnnihiSlateR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #33
Supersonic-95
UG Member
 
Supersonic-95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
I've listened to tonnes of metal bands. I think oasis is tonnes better. I just don't understand metal music or metal culture. It just sounds bobbins. At 4:30 mr townsend sounds like he's acting the pan.

Last edited by Supersonic-95 : 01-21-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Supersonic-95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #34
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic-95
I've listened to tonnes of metal bands. I think oasis is tonnes better. I just don't understand metal music or metal culture. It just sounds bobbins.


This doesn't answer my question.

Actual band names, please.
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #35
Supersonic-95
UG Member
 
Supersonic-95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
This doesn't answer my question.

Actual band names, please.



Slayer
Diecast
Megadeath
Slipknot
Metallica
Korn
And tonnes of others which I can't remember because they where bobbins.
Supersonic-95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #36
donegan_zealot
UG's Clueless Guitarist
 
donegan_zealot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Recreational Meth Vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic-95
Slayer
Diecast
Megadeath
Slipknot
Metallica
Korn
And tonnes of others which I can't remember because they where bobbins.



anyway I just came here to see what's up... haven't seen so much ignorance in one thread in a while.
donegan_zealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #37
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic-95
Slayer
Diecast
Megadeath
Slipknot
Metallica
Korn
And tonnes of others which I can't remember because they where bobbins.


I really want to know what "bobbins" means.

Slayer are pretty straightforward and aren't suppose to be "melodically or harmonically interesting". Diecast are...They're just a poor gothenburg Metal rip off band, I didn't expect to see you list them. Megadeth suck. Slipknot receive a lot of hate by Metal fans, as do Korn. Everyone and their parents have heard of Metallica.

It sounds like you've just listened to the most popular bands in the genre and based your opinion on them.

Phlebotomized - Death Metal
show


Arcane Sun - form of Doom Metal
show


Kathaaria - Black Metal
show


Artillery - Thrash Metal
show


These are just a couple of excellent bands in their respective sub-genres. You can find bands of this quality easily when you actually know what you're looking for in Metal.
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #38
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic-95
Slayer
Diecast
Megadeath
Slipknot
Metallica
Korn
And tonnes of others which I can't remember because they where bobbins.


Truly the creme de la creme if you're looking for melody
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #39
Supersonic-95
UG Member
 
Supersonic-95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
I really want to know what "bobbins" means.

Slayer are pretty straightforward and aren't suppose to be "melodically or harmonically interesting". Diecast are...They're just a poor gothenburg Metal rip off band, I didn't expect to see you list them. Megadeth suck. Slipknot receive a lot of hate by Metal fans, as do Korn. Everyone and their parents have heard of Metallica.

It sounds like you've just listened to the most popular bands in the genre and based your opinion on them.

Phlebotomized - Death Metal


Arcane Sun - form of Doom Metal


Kathaaria - Black Metal


Artillery - Thrash Metal


These are just a couple of excellent bands in their respective sub-genres. You can find bands of this quality easily when you actually know what you're looking for in Metal.





I understand what you mean, I just don't like dark music. The lyrics are negative and hateful. I don't like listing to music about wanting to be dead. I don't want to be dead. I would rather listen to Live Forever by Oasis. Metal is just a complete and utter opposite to my style. Even the bands the listed I can't relate to. Well, at least a gave it a go! To me metal is emotionless miserable, negative, uninspiring music. I really just don't like it. I can't understand what you like about it - could you help me here!?

If had to choose between Justin Bieber, K$sha, Jay Z OR Metal music, I would have to choice Bieber, kesha and jay z. That is how much I can't stand metal music! What do you dudes like about it?

Last edited by Supersonic-95 : 01-21-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Supersonic-95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #40
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
It has power, heavy groove, soaring melody, it deals with intellectual ideas and personally I enjoy the negativity and most importantly there's so much of it and it has so much depth. There's always something new to find.

This song probably sums up what I like about Metal



Also coming into a metal forum and saying "I don't like metal lol it's all shit" is a bit of a silly idea.
__________________
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 01-21-2013 at 02:56 PM.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.