User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #41
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic-95
I understand what you mean, I just don't like dark music. The lyrics are negative and hateful. I don't like listing to music about wanting to be dead. I don't want to be dead. I would rather listen to Live Forever by Oasis. Metal is just a complete and utter opposite to my style. Even the bands the listed I can't relate to. Well, at least a gave it a go! To me metal is emotionless miserable, negative, uninspiring music. I really just don't like it. I can't understand what you like about it - could you help me here!?

If had to choose between Justin Bieber, K$sha, Jay Z OR Metal music, I would have to choice Bieber, kesha and jay z. That is how much I can't stand metal music! What do you dudes like about it?

I would like to ask why it's important that people like something different than you? I don't get why it matters, but whatever.

As for what I like about it? I listen to different Metal bands for different reasons. I listen to Early At The Gates, Phlebotomized, Eucharist, Kathaaria, Enthral, Early Cynic, Early Sentenced, and a load of other bands for how ethereal, yet strong and hammering they sound. I listen to Angelwitch, Trivium, Gothenburg Metal bands, Pharoah, Heavenly, and a host of other bands for their catchy riffs and sing-along-style melodies and marching rhythms. I listen to Sodom, Destruction, Sarcofago, Coroner, Bolt Thower, Capharnaum, and other such bands for their intensity and sheer power they convey.

It's really all based on preference and how you perceive music.

Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #42
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Also coming into a metal forum and saying "I don't like metal lol it's all shit" is a bit of a silly idea.

+1
If you want people to take you seriously, and not brand you as a troll on sight, don't do this. And if you do, then at least do your homework.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #43
The Virtuoso
L'…tranger

Quote:
I have give it a chance. I have experimented with all musical types, and I like many types, but metal is for people who are either

1. Confused
2. Live on negative energy
3. Not very masculine, so try to hide their feminine ways.
4. Strong in th'arm and thick in th'head
5. Boring as people
6. Angry at what life as done to them
7. Not easy to get along with as people

And not only all that, metal in also extremely un-cool. Metal music, metal culture, metal clothing and hair fashion - all very un-cool. And who gives you the authority to decide I'm an idiot - classic metalhead (haha!) behaviour. And death metal, what's that about! I'm not dead and I don't want to be, so why think about it? All this silly metal sub genre stuff like metalcore, death, thrash etc is all silly, because at the end of the day it is only one thing:- Bobbins.

1. I'm confused as to what you mean by confused.
2. I like puppies and blowjobs just like anyone else.
3. I am very effeminate according to my friends, but I don't hide it, cuz mah hips don't lie.
4. Not very strong in the arm, but I have an A average in all three of my majors (Analytic Philosophy, Literature, and Linguistics).
5. I suppose it depends on who you ask, but I've never been accused of being boring.
6. Meh. I mean I would have liked to have a nerf gun as a kid, or a sweet ass hotrod, but c'est la vie.
7. I'm getting along with you right now.

If you don't like metal for the lyrical and musical negativity, then that's something you'll probably never grow to like. It's the difference between people loving comedies, and others loving tragedies. If you don't like it, you don't like it. It's that simple. As for why I like it, I couldn't give you a straight answer, but I just appreciate music with raw force, austerity, somberness, youthful energy, etc. If you want recommendations that may change your mind (since the list you posted comprised most of what we, metalheads if you wish, hate about metal poseurs), then I suggest you provide specific criteria, and post in the recommendation thread at the top of the page.

Also, this is pretty uplifting if you ask me.

Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
The Virtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #44
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

He keeps saying he hates music with negative connotations and you all keep posting the dumbest shitttttt except this guy ^

Check some of these out, TS
show
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #45
technicolour
Banned

oh boy
technicolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #46
piratemetalhead
madjurstic

Why are you here? If you cannot embrace dark music, then you can stay in the light. Have fun listening to Oasis
Old 01-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #47
Steve08

TS -

Carlos Gracie Sr. -> Carlos Gracie Jr. -> Roberto Maia -> John Connors -> me
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #48
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Hey guys shut up and listen I have an idea
Ignore TS/OP. ITT: "Post your favorite positive/melodic metal songs". We're pretty much halfway there already.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #49
Steve08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Hey guys shut up and listen I have an idea
Ignore TS/OP. ITT: "Post your favorite positive/melodic metal songs". We're pretty much halfway there already.
I'm ok with this (though I posted the King Diamond album because it's very artistically focused and there's no screaming).

The ultimate joyful metal album:

Carlos Gracie Sr. -> Carlos Gracie Jr. -> Roberto Maia -> John Connors -> me
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #50
Nietsche
Registered Hoover

Quote:
Not very masculine, so try to hide their feminine ways.

I'm not hiding much, to be honest.

Quote:
And not only all that, metal in also extremely un-cool. Metal music, metal culture, metal clothing and hair fashion - all very un-cool.

I know, it's brilliant.

Quote:
I can't understand what you like about it - could you help me here!?

HEAVY METAL ****ERS
Old 01-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #51
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Quote:
"Post your favorite positive/melodic metal songs".

woooooot
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #52
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
I have give it a chance. I have experimented with all musical types, and I like many types, but metal is for people who are either

1. Confused
2. Live on negative energy
3. Not very masculine, so try to hide their feminine ways.
4. Strong in th'arm and thick in th'head
5. Boring as people
6. Angry at what life as done to them
7. Not easy to get along with as people

And not only all that, metal in also extremely un-cool. Metal music, metal culture, metal clothing and hair fashion - all very un-cool. And who gives you the authority to decide I'm an idiot - classic metalhead (haha!) behaviour. And death metal, what's that about! I'm not dead and I don't want to be, so why think about it? All this silly metal sub genre stuff like metalcore, death, thrash etc is all silly, because at the end of the day it is only one thing:- Bobbins.

This alone tells me that you're either a massive troll or an ignorant twat. Or both. "Confused"? "Live on negative energy"? So, I guess you must have met every Metalhead in the world and determined these things, right? As for the rest of your points, those could be applied to any and every type of music, if you really felt like looking stupid.

Edit:

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 01-21-2013 at 05:40 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #53
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Weee aaaare the soooons of wiiinter and staaaars, we cooome from afaar beyond tiiiiime...

+1000
Old 01-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #54
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
+1000

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #55
Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer

Well surprise surprise, but Focus is one of the most positive albums to me, despite having plenty of death metal aesthetics. It's a very busy album, but very peaceful and meditative at the same time. Combine lyrics about taking life one sip at a time, losing your ego, and being one with the cosmos, with sublime compositions; I just can't see getting a negative vibe from that album. Even more so once you realize the dual-nature of the vocals; to me the clean "robot voice" represents the clear voice of reason, perhaps even a zen-like state, while the harsh growls represent an outlet for human emotion and vulnerability. Sort of like two extremes. I also love how the duality is represented in the lyrics and the music as well. I guess this is what happens when you listen to an album too much, haha. Oh well, music's always open for interpretation, regardless of whether or not there's actually anything to interpret.

But I suppose there's no way to see the positive in something like that if you won't stop juvenilely interpreting growls as just some berzerk dude yelling for no reason, and haven't developed an ear for distorted guitars. (I remember listening to Individual Thought Patterns a long time ago for the first time, and while I'd heard metal before, the technicality combined with the "harsh" (or so I thought) distortion, it wasn't easy to make out what was going on. But it was interesting enough, and I kept listening and it sounded much more clear really soon.)
Old 01-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #56
Supersonic-95
UG Member

Quote:
+1
If you want people to take you seriously, and not brand you as a troll on sight, don't do this.

Do you really think that I care how people take or brand me? You can brand me as schizophrenic if you wish, I couldn't care less.
Supersonic-95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #57
whywefight
formin like voltron

Quote:
Do you really think that I care how people take or brand me? You can brand me as schizophrenic if you wish, I couldn't care less.

You literally are no different than the people you claim to be different than.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #58
Supersonic-95
UG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
You literally are no different than the people you claim to be different than.

ok
Supersonic-95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #59
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Do you really think that I care how people take or brand me?

Yes.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #60
PoisonousNipple
Banned

Why are you guys still arguing with this trolling wanker?
PoisonousNipple is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: