Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-30-2006, 12:29 PM   #1
Kamao

Need help with ZOOM G2.1u and Guitar Rig 2

Ok, i just got Guitar Rig 2. I connect my ZOOM G2.1u to the computer with a USB cable, but the sound gets so noisy. How do i get rid of all of the noise? Please give me some useful instructions on how to use G2.1u with Guitar Rig 2. I want to get some real heavy sounds, but its no good if i can barely hear Guitar Rig 2 because of all the noise.
Kamao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:53 PM   #2
JesseIbanez
Ped's Ass Crack

Maybe turn down the gain? Lol
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
JesseIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #3
Kamao

Hahaha "LOL". No, thats not the problem. Any kind of effects makes a lot of noise, even clean sound. Anymore "smart" suggestions from you?
Old 08-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #4
jmac72187

Don't use both the Zoom and the Program. You are basically confusing the computer program. It is like using 2 preamps. One is already modeling amps and cabinets and then you sending that signal into another modeling signal.
jmac72187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:53 PM   #5
Crunchmeister
UG Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac72187
Don't use both the Zoom and the Program. You are basically confusing the computer program. It is like using 2 preamps. One is already modeling amps and cabinets and then you sending that signal into another modeling signal.

+1

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #6
Kamao

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac72187

Not even if i put the Zoom in a clean setting?

If i shouldnt use the Zoom, how can i then use the program? What kind of equipment do i need so i can connect my guitar to the computer?
Old 08-30-2006, 05:30 PM   #7
jmac72187

Just get a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and plug it into the Line In on your sound card.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #8
pacoasterrider
- - -

make sure your using the cabinet setting on the pedal, or it will sound like crap
it's in the extra eq/cab part right to the right of the EQ on the setup
if your not using cab., it'll sound like crap on your computer
Old 08-30-2006, 05:38 PM   #9
jmac72187

You could always just plug the Zoom into the Line In on your comp and not use Guitar Rig. Use one of them instead of both.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:20 AM   #10
Kamao

Thanks guys. Ill give it a try later.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:28 AM   #11
suicidalmoose
supposed to be working

hey! make sure you bypass the zoom. all these other guys don't know much about the zoom but ive screwed aroudn with it a heap.

hit both the patch change buttons at the same time and it goes into BP or bypass mode, becomes a tuner and also delivers a clean un changed signal to guitar rig, basically transforms the zoom into an ASIO usb sound card (you can even use a mic through this etc). hell if you wanna use zoom effects you can even turn modelling off, but i guess ure using the guitar rig effects so just bypass it and it'll work.

have fun!
Old 09-03-2006, 03:12 AM   #12
GeneraLNinja

Okay, ill post this for any users that want to see how i used my Zoom G9.2TT with Guitar RIg 2.

--- As written in PM to threadstarter ----

Firstly u need to setup the program (Guitar Rig) so it works with the Zoom FX.

Download the zoom ASIO from the zoom site, then after you installed it, setup the internal settings in Guitar Rig.

File> Audio MIDI Settings
> Sound card

interface: Zoom ASIO
ASIO Config> i recommend something like 500 > 700 sample rate.... depending on ur computer power.
If you have a soundcard and a decent PC, then 1024sample rate is pretty sweet.

Go to >Routing

Input:
Input 1 & 2> USB interface

Output: choose either USB interface if you want make it come outta ur amp... but beware it will be a mix of clean (due to the clean settings on the fx and wateva settings u in Guitar Rig.

You can use AMP Select feature and choose UBS Only in ur G2 to make it just the computer signal.

After all that. it should be all sweet.

it works all fine for me. just one problem is that my computer isnt as good as it should be so i get abit of latency (lag from playing guitar and hearing sound) and also if i get the lag down, the sound quality decreases.

Thats why Guitar Rig 2 is soo expensive..... its got its own soundcard to minimise lag.

wholelions(at)hotmail.com

need help, contact me.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #13
paulmcg28

Hi General Ninja, I have been trying to get the zoom g2 setup with guitar rig and getting the dry signal along with the wet.

I see that you said go to the G2 and you can use the amp select feature and choose USB only, to only get computer signal.

Where on the G2 can you select Amp usb only cos I cant find it on mine anywhere?
paulmcg28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: