Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #61
JokerGrin
Banned
 
JokerGrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Wow T00deepblue, glad you had people watching your back.

Bloodtrocuted, it sure as hell felt like I could have died had I not kinda fought against it. Like you say, it could've all been in the mind, but the danger just felt terrifyingly real.
JokerGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #62
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
I had meningitis, that was fun, and I suppose it could have killed me. I wasn't lucid enough throughout the time though to be able to recall what happened.
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #63
Wolfinator-x
Teeth
 
Wolfinator-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Everywhere. Pantheism, lol
Well this thread has fueled my anxiety for the day
__________________
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.
Artists I'm listening to a lot lately:
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud
Wolfinator-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #64
desperatechris
Banned
 
desperatechris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norway
I said justin beaver is homosex to a group of teenage Girls. They almost ript me apart.
desperatechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #65
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatechris
I said justin beaver is homosex to a group of teenage Girls. They almost ript me apart.


#teenageangst #hasnofriends #virgin
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #66
Stugg334
Bristolian
 
Stugg334's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bristol, UK
I guess just everyday kind of things - riding my bike and cars whip round corners on the wrong side of the road, that kind of thing. No point worrying about it - I ride as safely as I can, the rest is up to the other guy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Stugg334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #67
metalblaster
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Well the other day I was doing about 90 on the highway because it was really icy and slushy, and all of the sudden my car just started drifting sideways, and I was sure I was gonna bury my car under 5 feet of snow in the ditch.

So yeah. That was kind of scary. Then I almost got stung by my lionfish because I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

Crazy life I've got.
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #68
Stugg334
Bristolian
 
Stugg334's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalblaster
Well the other day I was doing about 90 on the highway because it was really icy and slushy, and all of the sudden my car just started drifting sideways, and I was sure I was gonna bury my car under 5 feet of snow in the ditch.

So yeah. That was kind of scary. Then I almost got stung by my lionfish because I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

Crazy life I've got.


You have a lionfish? That's cool.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Stugg334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #69
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!
 
slash_GNR666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
Alright, Gianna. I need to know one more thing.

How did they go about treating your broken dick? Did they tell you to walkwankit off, or did they tell you to ice now, heat later? I must know.


Small stitches just leave it alone didn't do anything for about 5-6 weeks lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.




Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
You really are the worst kind of person.
slash_GNR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #70
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Frozen North! (read: Northern Wisconsin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slash_GNR666
Small stitches just leave it alone didn't do anything for about 5-6 weeks lol

Wtf were you doing, that you broke your pecker anyway?...

Some crazyass sex move that's in the Kama Sutra or something?
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #71
Bushinarin
UG Senior Member
 
Bushinarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Hmm, I nearly drowned while kayaking with a friend. The tide was going out of the bay, and we decided to swim to a small island across the way, and we both nearly drowned.

I also almost died from explosions a couple of times. Once or twice we lit small propane tanks on fire, and they'd blow up with shrapnel and stuff. Once we stuffed a plastic Santa Claus with fireworks, newspaper, gunpowder and soaked it in citronella oil. It then got too out of hand, so I attempted to put it out to avoid burning down my favorite forest. I smashed the shit out of it with a big log, but it only made it burn bigger. Then we had to run.

I do a lot of dangerous things (climbing, walking over cliffs across trees, urban exploring), but normally I handle myself well enough that I wouldn't call them "near death", but they could be if I handled myself differently.
__________________
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.


# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Bushinarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #72
Thrashtastic15
cleanest team in hockey
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight

This as well, coming from another South Dakotan. I lost control of my car for a short while twice today.

I'll take it you don't get a lot of snow. If you know how to drive in snow because you aren't grossly incompetent, it isn't a big deal. It's when there are people like you who do not have any experience driving in bad snowy conditions who decide to do it anyways who cause accidents. Learn how to bloody drive in the conditions that you will be in or stay home.
__________________
████████████████
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #73
Bushinarin
UG Senior Member
 
Bushinarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
I'll take it you don't get a lot of snow. If you know how to drive in snow because you aren't grossly incompetent, it isn't a big deal. It's when there are people like you who do not have any experience driving in bad snowy conditions who decide to do it anyways who cause accidents. Learn how to bloody drive in the conditions that you will be in or stay home.


What about people who learn by doing?
__________________
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.


# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Bushinarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #74
Thrashtastic15
cleanest team in hockey
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushinarin
What about people who learn by doing?

Learn in a situation where your incompetence isn't putting other people at risk. Had some dipshit kid who didn't know how to drive in snow properly hit me in an intersection on boxing day.
__________________
████████████████
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #75
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar
 
fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Westward
Really bad car accident. Sounds typical but it really shook me up to the point I'm too afraid to drive now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #76
Bushinarin
UG Senior Member
 
Bushinarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
Learn in a situation where your incompetence isn't putting other people at risk. Had some dipshit kid who didn't know how to drive in snow properly hit me in an intersection on boxing day.


So you think they should drive to some parking lot, to drive in the snow, before they take their cars out on the road?
__________________
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.


# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Bushinarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #77
Thrashtastic15
cleanest team in hockey
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushinarin
So you think they should drive to some parking lot, to drive in the snow, before they take their cars out on the road?

Take a skid class or something, or, you know, don't drive until they salt the roads.
__________________
████████████████
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #78
yoman297
happy birthday jesus
 
yoman297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: THE ISLAND
looking at edmodo's threads
__________________

My rig:
Fender Ritchie Blackmore Sig Strat
Heavily Modified Squier Strat
Fender Mark Hoppus Sig P-Bass
Ampeg BA112
Boss SD-1
Boss MT-2
Big Muff Pi for Bass
Vox Wah
yoman297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #79
noisewall11
Registered User
 
noisewall11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
On a winter night about 5 years ago, My dipshitted friend was just randomly driving me and another friend around just because there was nothing else to do. We were on some country roads when he gets a bright idea, I don't remember exactly what, but it involved him going as fast as he could (He got up to somewhere between 65-80 mph) when we hit some ice and began to spin out. I immediatly thought "either I'm going to be in huge trouble, or I'm going to be dead" as we spin around at that speed about two and a half - three times. I was just waiting for us to roll over, hit something or go into a gully, but lucky we finally stopped before any of that happened. Sadly, that wasn't the last time I almost ended up off the road with him at the wheel..
noisewall11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #80
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
 
Pagan_Poetry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: John Malkovich
I've told mine a number of times on here, but I guess this can be the source of a be-all-end-all telling of it.

I used to be a pot head (wow good for me) and was dry on weed. A friend and I went to go get pipes at a 420 store, and I just asked the teller "Hey man I'm dry, any idea of who can hook me up? Who hooks you up?" and he said "No one. I smoke legal herb. We sell it here."

I didn't do any research so I said "ok, sold!" and got a nice packet that was about 2 or 3 dimes worth for twenty bucks. This was shit that marines smoked apparently, and you didn't need much to get high. The teller's words were "just a pinch and you're soaring".

The shit was called Amazonas; similar to Spice.

I smoke some and it's a weird high. I feel stoned but not dizzy or weird. It was weird at first but then it grew on me. Three days later of smoking this stuff, it was a Friday and I just had class. It was my combined arts class and we were learning about the Bauhaus movement. I will remember every moment of this day vividly.

I smoked a bit before coming home in a shack that many of us potheads at my uni smoked at. I didn't feel a lot. I got home and went up to my room. I figured "hey, my tolerance with weed is high, so maybe my body's adjusting to this legal herb shit rather quickly". So I load up my bong with a ton (remember, a pinch was apparently all that's needed. I filled up an entire bowl, after smoking some not even an hour before at university) and smoked away.

To describe the spark of the situation, I was talking with a pot buddy on MSN and I have posters virtually everywhere in my room, even on my ceiling.

So I smoke that bowl, and I've never felt a rush that quickly. I mean, in seconds I was giggling like a moron. I type on MSN "LOLOL I think I done goofed" and my friend pisses herself laughing... Thirty seconds later I was not laughing. Suddenly everything got scary, and I began to not be able to move my body.

I began freaking out. I can't even see straight. The pixels on the screen were mixing around and the posters on my ceiling looked like they were melting slowly like chocolate in the sun. I begin freaking out and trying to type as well as I could, given the fact that I couldn't see anything I was typing. My friend doesn't know I smoked this legal herb stuff so she goes "oh you're just having a bad trip. Don't worry. It's cool". She spent the entire time trying to relax me with music and shows. Nope. I couldn't stand to hear or see anything. Everything was absolutely terrifying.

I also had a cold, and every time I coughed, I felt like my head was a whistle. That's when I realized something wasn't right. All I could hear was like a Brian Eno ambient soundtrack, or one of the Disintegration Loops by William Basinski (I actually almost cried the first time I heard the second loop of his because of how much it sounded like the scariest experience of my life. Look it up and you'll know what I was hearing without any literal sound going on).

My heart is racing, by the way. I don't mean in a fun way (like this movie' a rush or this girl's hot). This was frightening. I felt paralyzed even though I wasn't. Eventually I tell my friend that this was legal herb and suddenly her reaction changed. She said "Shit. Ok let me look this up for you". She did some research and said "Um, you need rest or anything to try and get this out of your system". I don't know why, but I thought throwing up would have been a good idea since people do that with OD's. I somehow managed to sneak past my sister's room with my mom and sister in there watching a movie and got into the bathroom which is virtually next door to them, and I gagged myself until I threw up a few times. I won't lie, it seemed to help a bit but it may have been a placebo effect and me just hoping for the best.

I manage to sneak past their room again and get back to my room. I feel a bit of sensation in my body now, but I guess this was because I was moving around and not because I made myself puke. I get back to my room and try to lie down. I'm staring at my posters shifting, and my heart starts beating the heaviest it ever has. I was crying and freaking out because I wasn't sure if I needed the hospital and if so, I was so scared that my parents would be furious about knowing I did drugs.

The one thing I haven't mentioned this entire time is the one thing that kept me going though. The entire time I thought "Hey, it's like weed, and weed can't kill you". I was strong because I thought it was just a really bad trip. I have greened out before though and it wasn't this scary though. I figured just because it was a different drug it felt different, and of course puking when you green out helps you feel better, hence why I did that with this.

The weirdest stuff begins to happen as I lay in bed. I began hallucinating somehow. I was on the back of a bus that was empty, driving towards the sun or something. I wake out of it thinking my door slammed and I freak out. Nope. No one was there. Seconds later I'm on a beach full of paper and garbage flowing in the wind and seagulls flying. I come back to reality to the sound of whistles and an Avenged Sevenfold song playing that never was playing (I know laugh away, it's what I loved at the time). It was the song So Far Away, and it was the guitar solo in the middle just repeating.

I finally go to sleep, ensured that I will be ok because hey, it's just like weed, and I should be fine. My eyes are the reddest they've ever been so it felt hard to sleep because of how dry and swollen they felt. My door opens, and this time it actually does. It's my sister telling me that dinner is ready. I tell her that I'm having a fever and needed some rest. She said ok and all was ok.

I finally somehow doze off, which is so hard when you're shaking in fear and you can't feel your body and your heart is pulsating your entire body like a vibrating phone and your head is a freaking whistle.


I wake up hours later and I'm drenched in sweat. Imagine your worst hang over times ten. I felt so short of breath and so low on energy. I felt so weak, like I really did have a fever. I go downstairs like I was in a dream state and have a quick snack. My parents asked if I felt ok and I said " a little bit". There was some show on tv, I think my dad was watching Justified.

I go back on MSN and ask this one girl I really wanted to ask out for the longest time and she said no ahahaha, but I was in one of those "yay for being alive!" states, despite "knowing" that I was ok because it's just like weed.



Time for the twist:

I did research the day after, when I was sober and cooled down. My friend and I looked into it. Yep. People who had the exact same symptoms as me have died from this drug. They were described as feeling the same shit when they were freaking out to their friends. Yep. This legal drug that marines use can kill people so easily, and weed isn't. I threw that stuff out instantly, and every time I've smoked or drank since it's felt so scary because I keep being reminded of how I felt back during that day.


My heart's never been the same btw. I've had it checked and it's apparently fine, but it works differently now. It beats more quickly more often now. Again, I've had a few tests and they were all fine, but it's got a whole new personalty now. I zone out so much more now and feel like I'm in a dream state very often. In fact, just thinking about it makes me feel like that. I am like that right now. I attribute that to bad sleep schedules as well, though. But yeah, that's my story.
__________________
http://whocaresreviews.wordpress.com/
12th IN THE UG TOP 100 OF 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjePaCapota
pagan poetry is a hermaphrodite


Quote:
Originally Posted by OVER9000VIDEOS

HhOLLY SUCKC **** LMFAOO
Pagan_Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.