Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #61
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's bear
 
BjarnedeGraaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
I've grown up with my sister my entire life and i can say, without based on prejudice, but based on life experience, that she has shown a lot of arrogant behaviour and she makes arrogant claims. And since you didn't read the OP, i'll say this again. I am not interested in owning one to piss my sister off.


All people with religion that makes them believe in some fairy tail sugar coated wonderland and a highly overrated "hell" of some sort has that. Trust me, it shows the most when you go into a discussion about said religion.

also you should get 1 just to piss your sister off.... it's why your a brother. to torment her. be the devil that she fears so much.
__________________
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #62
whywefight
formin like voltron
 
whywefight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BjarnedeGraaf
also you should get 1 just to piss your sister off.... it's why your a brother. to torment her. be the devil that she fears so much.

yup, glad I'm not your brother.

@2DB: you say you want one just because you're curious that it pisses people off, and you don't want to piss people off. k

Also, don't want to scare off those cougars.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #63
T00DEEPBLUE
Freaky Alien Genotype
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BjarnedeGraaf
All people with religion that makes them believe in some fairy tail sugar coated wonderland and a highly overrated "hell" of some sort has that. Trust me, it shows the most when you go into a discussion about said religion.

also you should get 1 just to piss your sister off.... it's why your a brother. to torment her. be the devil that she fears so much.

The thing is, i don't want to anger her. I love my sibling in the same way that i love the rest of my family. Despite that she is arrogant, despite the fact that she has admitted that she is willfully ignorant of logic, i still care about her a great deal. Just because of this one thing being different, i will not allow myself to look down on her.

I used to be a terror around her when i was little, and i still am in a way, but now i only get to see her a couple of times a year. The fact that she works so hard for what she enjoys more than makes up for it.

The reason i'm telling you this is because i don't want to piss my sister off. I am not interested in getting this board to be an asshole.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bonta
If you want to follow your gut, you must first acquire a gut.

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 01-21-2013 at 02:15 PM.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #64
jugglingfreak
UG Newbie
 
jugglingfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Georgia
You can buy it at Toys R Us.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...dFindSrc=search

That one glows in the dark to make it easier for demons to find their way into your soul..
jugglingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #65
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Fun fact: the Ouija board is patented by Hasbro.
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #66
whywefight
formin like voltron
 
whywefight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Fun fact: the Ouija board is patented by Hasbro.

fun fact: that's been mentioned ITT.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #67
5thCircuitRider
Wild Horseman
 
5thCircuitRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Silent Hill
This thread so 2edgybrah
5thCircuitRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #68
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
fun fact: that's been mentioned ITT.


Fun fact: idgaf, me saying it supersedes any other instances of it being said.
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #69
T00DEEPBLUE
Freaky Alien Genotype
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglingfreak
You can buy it at Toys R Us.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...dFindSrc=search

That one glows in the dark to make it easier for demons to find their way into your soul..



Glorious.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bonta
If you want to follow your gut, you must first acquire a gut.

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 01-21-2013 at 04:16 PM.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #70
metalblaster
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
ok.

So, it's a ouija board, but it's on a flag, so it's not a ouija board, or what.....


Anywho, I don't see what the big deal is, I mean do the ouija board thing, if ghosts and shit come powerslamming your picture frames to the ground and making your utensils float then tell them you're sorry and pack your shit. I mean, worst case just say you're sorry, I really don't get what the big deal is.
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #71
WhiskeyFace
:^)
 
WhiskeyFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
It's relevant to the topic at hand. I posted it for the sake of clarification because some people might see me as a Satanist for wanting the board as they're ignorant to what my beliefs actually entail.

Or you could just say 'atheist'
WhiskeyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #72
PoisonousNipple
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
I don't understand why TS has to clarify his beleifs so often in this thread. Face it, you're "that edgy guy".
PoisonousNipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #73
T00DEEPBLUE
Freaky Alien Genotype
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyFace
Or you could just say 'atheist'

But i'm not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bonta
If you want to follow your gut, you must first acquire a gut.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #74
TooktheAtrain
Banned
 
TooktheAtrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
It was invented by a toy company. Nuff said.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #75
raoooos
 
raoooos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
satan is a great guy you just have to give him a chance x
raoooos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #76
5thCircuitRider
Wild Horseman
 
5thCircuitRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
But i'm not.


Pantheism is really atheism for people who want to look smarter than your average atheist though.
5thCircuitRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #77
TooktheAtrain
Banned
 
TooktheAtrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
TS doesn't really care about the board, t00deep you seem to be using this hypothetical as an excuse to explore the real issue here which seems to do with your family relationships and religion.

That's fine, but realise that and work on that instead of silly shit like this.

Personally I don't think you should compromise yourself one way or the other. Buying a board because you're genuinely interested is fine, do it. Buying it to spite your sister is infantile, don't do it. Stopping yourself buying it because you fear your sister can't/won't accept it is wrong (imo) as well.

That's a rather longwinded way of saying do what you want, but make sure it's for the right reasons, and not out of adolescent spite.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #78
PoisonousNipple
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thCircuitRider
Pantheism is really atheism for people who want to look smarter than your average atheist though.


Depends.
PoisonousNipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #79
5thCircuitRider
Wild Horseman
 
5thCircuitRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonousNipple
Depends.


It's quite clear that is the case here.
5thCircuitRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #80
T00DEEPBLUE
Freaky Alien Genotype
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooktheAtrain
TS doesn't really care about the board, t00deep you seem to be using this hypothetical as an excuse to explore the real issue here which seems to do with your family relationships and religion.

How many times do i have to say this? I am not doing this to piss my family off.
READ. MY. FUCKING. POSTS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thCircuitRider
It's quite clear that is the case here.

It really isn't. Pantheists believe that God is the material universe itself, when atheism doesn't believe in a God of any form at all.

I don't see what this has to do with the actual topic at hand though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bonta
If you want to follow your gut, you must first acquire a gut.

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 01-21-2013 at 10:43 PM.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.