Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
mudley

Ibanez RG220B Floyd Rose issue

Hello! I bought a RG220B a while back and noticed right away that the dude had put what looks like a Fender arm on it. Who the hell knows why. I was wondering if someone could identify the exact model of my FR bridge because I've ascended the level where this foreign arm is becoming a problem.
The Serial # on the head is C00040983 made in Korea

I have tried looking on the internet but apparently I suck at that so help me out. Oh, and my strings break in a really weird way all the time. They dont break, they get stripped right at the saddle. And what makes this more strange is it's happened to me on my buddy's Gibson Les Paul. So I'm wondering is it me? hah. Anyways, please help me out here.

It seems like the dude just slapped that arm in there and cranked it a few times to get it somewhat snug. The nut's stripped all to hell.
Attached Images

Last edited by mudley : 01-20-2013 at 08:40 AM.
mudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
BLU3Fi5H

I just picked up an RG220B a few days ago, and my trem looks different than this.
This looks just like the trem I had on an old Vantage guitar I used to have back in the days.
I found that I had to keep the locks fairly loose, almost to the point where it doesn't feel like it's going to hold the string properly, to keep it from chewing up the strings.
I would imagine you could pull it apart if you wanted to take the time and effort, then kinda sand down the sharp edge that is against the string with very fine sand paper or a very fine file or something.

Personally, I think I would rather just invest in a different trem. I'm not sure how good the ones from Guitar Fetish are, but I was told a couple times in the past that they were pretty decent trems.
BLU3Fi5H is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: