Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
Dregen
andy, you're a star

downward spiral (acoustic C4C - gp5, gp4, midi)

a little solo acoustic interlude type thing. been using this to train my fingerpicking speed and such but i want to see what people think of it. the fingerpicking runs are meant to sound smooth, the midi doesn't really reflect that but it still sounds okay to me.

C4C.

edit: updated with additional layers
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 downward spiral.gp5 (49.5 KB, 79 views)
File Type: gp4 downward spiral.gp4 (33.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: mid downward spiral.mid (31.7 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by Dregen : 01-24-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
StrumThatFender

Nice intro. Really enjoyed the arpeggio starting at bar 17 in particular. Then the way it suddenly becomes darker sounding at 21.

The chordal section I'm slightly more ambivalent about. Perhaps it could have had something in the background while that was playing or something.

Part beginning at 63 I liked a lot. Switching to the rhodes was a really good idea. The timpani gives it that edge that was cool too. I think you could have added to this part a bit more by throwing in a new melody after the first. Still good though.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1583925
StrumThatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 AM   #3
Dregen
andy, you're a star

i was kind of thinking about putting something ambient in that bigger chord section, looks like i should haha, thanks for the crit. and i just finished your crit, it's pretty long but i tried to go in depth and help you out.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
NegiTom
Banned

This was really good, reminded me a bit of something Rome or TriORE might do. Will definitely be keeping updated on things you post from now on!
NegiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
Dregen
andy, you're a star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegiTom
This was really good, reminded me a bit of something Rome or TriORE might do. Will definitely be keeping updated on things you post from now on!

thanks haha. and i've never heard of either of the bands/artists you mentioned, gonna give them a listen when i'm out of school.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
Dregen
andy, you're a star

updated the GP5 file with additional layers, sounds more... epic? give it a whirl.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
NegiTom
Banned

Update is cool. I really like the timpani in this, gives it that kind of martial feel. You might like this.
NegiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
Dregen
andy, you're a star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegiTom
Update is cool. I really like the timpani in this, gives it that kind of martial feel. You might like this.

i did like that, that was cool. not really the style i'm going to be going for when i record this, but i can definitely see the similarity.

also, i made a mistake when uploading the file, apparently i had two saved lol and the one i uploaded had minimal changes. the one i uploaded now has way more stuff in it, additional instrumentation during the climax and the end of the song. you don't have to listen to it again but just a note for others who may have listened to it before.

Rate This Thread: