Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-01-2013, 02:37 AM   #61
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool_25
Nice! Saved $50 more than I did! Maybe I should call MF back and get them to knock another $50 off!

so OP i am glad you found something. good luck.

this was for the OP finding what he wants. i got confused, than deadpool was in there.

zukky- i know i was an asshole about it, sometimes i am. but, it is just frustrating to see every amp listed and not a ton of apparent research by you. i realize you can't play any amp you want to buy, but sometimes you have to jump.

good luck and
MESA TREM-O-VERB
MESA MKIV...

Ibanez Prestiges
Gibsons
and Wolfgangs

WTLT

Last edited by trashedlostfdup : 03-01-2013 at 03:53 AM.
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:26 AM   #62
Deadpool_25

Ack! Quoted wrong person I think, trashed. You weren't an asshole to me.

- Epiphone Bonamassa LP
- Epiphone Dot

Amp
- Tweed Blues Jr. NOS
- Vypyr 60

Deadpool_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:55 AM   #63
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:
Ack! Quoted wrong person I think, trashed. You weren't an asshole to me.

yea something got messed up there.

i could never hate a man with such great taste. Ibanes pristeges and LP's FTW
MESA TREM-O-VERB
MESA MKIV...

Ibanez Prestiges
Gibsons
and Wolfgangs

WTLT
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:01 AM   #64
Deadpool_25

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashedlostfdup
i could never hate a man with such great taste. Ibanes pristeges and LP's FTW

Thanks man! I sometimes think I have too many guitars but then I go grab one I haven't played in a while and I remember why I bought it.
- Epiphone Bonamassa LP
- Epiphone Dot

Amp
- Tweed Blues Jr. NOS
- Vypyr 60

Old 03-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #65
Deadpool_25

Zucky, I called MF and took care of that price. While on the phone, I couldn't help myself. I ordered another matching 1x12 so now it'll be a mini full stack lol. Right now they're estimating March 5th. Can't wait!!!
- Epiphone Bonamassa LP
- Epiphone Dot

Amp
- Tweed Blues Jr. NOS
- Vypyr 60

Old 03-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #66
zucky22389

@trashed- Naw you weren't an asshole. I just knew I did a ton of research and I knew not "everything under the sun" was mentioned. (I saw an Orange Rockerverb 50 go on eBay for about 800 today!!)

@Deadpool- I'm happy MF hooked you up! I did have to make a few phone calls and use a little persuasion to get the price... but it was worth it. =D I'm jealous of your matching mini stack as I've heard the speakers preloaded in the matching cabs sound better than, say, the V30's in my orange 212. Can't wait to find out! Let me know how it sounds; I'd imagine it will be HUGE! They're estimating March 15th for me...
zucky22389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #67
zucky22389

I was pleasantly surprised to find an e-mail in my inbox stating the amp had came in earlier than expected!! It shipped today and should arrive next week! Haven't been able to plug my electric in for a couple weeks now and it's driving me nuts... Been plucking the acoustic to pass the time!

@Deadpool- Hows your order coming along?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #68
Deadpool_25

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucky22389
I was pleasantly surprised to find an e-mail in my inbox stating the amp had came in earlier than expected!! It shipped today and should arrive next week! Haven't been able to plug my electric in for a couple weeks now and it's driving me nuts... Been plucking the acoustic to pass the time!

@Deadpool- Hows your order coming along?

What the...!! You lucky....!!! Lol, I called today and they told me the expect the amps to come in on the 15th and ship on the 16th.

Where did you order from?
- Epiphone Bonamassa LP
- Epiphone Dot

Amp
- Tweed Blues Jr. NOS
- Vypyr 60

Old 03-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #69
Deadpool_25

In further developments: The second 1x12 cab arrived today but it's clearly a return or something. It didn't arrive in the factory box and there is a little card saying the original box "was not in suitable condition to effectively protect this item from the rigors of transit. We have reboxed this item to ensure that it arrives undamaged."

The box it came in was EXACTLY the right size for the cab--no room for styrofoam or any extra padding. In comparison, the first cab was in the unopened factory box with plenty of styrofoam to protect it. The box does look undamaged, but there's a small dent/scuff on the back edge and a couple little smudge marks (easy to see on the ivory Tolex). I set it on the counter and started to tip it back to look at the bottom and something is clearly loose in there. I checked the first cab I got and it doesn't have any issues.

Slightly annoying but a quick call to MF and they sent me a return label so I can just drop it off and get another one. Ah, the joys of online shopping. We save some money, but sometimes have to deal with other stuff. No problem though...since the head hasn't shipped yet anyway.

Lol
- Epiphone Bonamassa LP
- Epiphone Dot

Amp
- Tweed Blues Jr. NOS
- Vypyr 60

Old 03-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #70
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

I'm hella confused now

Did the TS get a V3M?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #71
Deadpool_25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311ZOSOVHJH
I'm hella confused now

Did the TS get a V3M?

Late to the party much?!

J/k!

Recap: He listened to all the advice to get a dual rec, figured that was too much for bedroom practice, looked into the mini-rec, researched that and read that the V3M could do the heavies as well as the mini rec but had better cleans, bought the V3M and didn't like it, returned it, and is now eagerly awaiting delivery of his new 5150 III mini (which was also a highly recommended option along with the dual recs).

....or something along those lines.

Zucky, we'll be expecting a sweet NAD from you!
- Epiphone Bonamassa LP
- Epiphone Dot

Amp
- Tweed Blues Jr. NOS
- Vypyr 60

Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #72
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick

Mesa Recs are always good for the bedroom. Output knob ftw.

Can't go wrong with the 5153 either

'10 Gibson Firebird V
Marshall SL5
cdr_salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:19 AM   #73
Deadpool_25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr_salamander
Mesa Recs are always good for the bedroom. Output knob ftw.

Can't go wrong with the 5153 either

Or you could do both....

(c'mon MF...receive and ship my damn 5153!)
- Epiphone Bonamassa LP
- Epiphone Dot

Amp
- Tweed Blues Jr. NOS
- Vypyr 60

Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #74
Bladed-Vaults
Broceidon king of Brocean

Quote:
Or you could do both....

)

since this has been such an incredibly derailed thread since page 2.... I feel like this advice shoudl be followed... then he should sell both of them... and have the man himself FORTIN!!! build him an evil pumpkin... sell that and buy a rhodes colossus.. realizing that this is now wayyyyy too much for a bedroom. sell. and buy the vengeance like I said.

I was bored and nothing could get worse here right?
Bladed-Vaults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #75
zucky22389

@Deadpool- I ordered from zzounds. Anyways, dafuq!?!? Why the hell would they send the 112 in an unpadded box!? And on top of that, it looks like it's a return!? Over the years i've ordered a bit from MF and had never had these kinds of problems- it doesn't sound like them! Hope you get yourself a new undamaged 112 by the time the head arrives.

Yeah i ordered from zzounds. After I placed the order my bank called me and reported that zzounds was an insecure site... I was worried for a minute but everything is fine. I've called zzounds a couple times and their customer service has been quite helpful. The day I ordered, the web page said "more expected March 15th". I placed the order anyways and a few days later went back to look at the 5153 on their and it said "In Stock. Ready to Ship". I freaked! Then I checked my e-mail and found a shipping notification saying the amp had shipped!

Long story short, I'm sitting here looking at my ivory white 5153 on top of my orange 212 right now. The tolex is a bit of an off-white, kind of vintage, just like I expected. It looks awesome on top of my Orange. When I saw the Fed Ex truck pull in I felt like an 8 year old kid the night before Christmas! Then I saw her get out of the truck and DRAG MY AMP DOWN EACH OF THE TRUCK STAIRS. My heart sank. I ripped open the box, hooked it up and it turns on fine. However I am starving... I'm going to go eat while everything cools down. (It's cold here and the amp was FREEZING). Then i'll play my life away. More incoming...
Old 03-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #76
zucky22389

@311Zoso- Yeah, deadpool summed it up nicely! Tons of dual rec recommendations, combined with many comparisons between dual rec and mini rec led me to purchase.... a Carvin V3m... lol. I wish I could find the review between the V3m and mini rec again... Both sounded sick and are great amps. I figured why spend $400 more on the mini when I could get the more versatile Carvin? So I bought it and was left a little unsatisfied, particularly in the saturated gains... It can do them, no doubt, but it wasn't a tone I was happy with.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #77
Bigbazz

You could grab a used 5150/6505 for that money, it will do what you want perfectly, if you get it bias modded (probably a $15 job if it isn't done already) it can properly bring the clean channel alive too.

You can get the 6505+/5150 II but traditionally they were thought of as the worse sounding amp compared to the original and a popular mod for the 5150II was to bring it back to 5150 Mk1 specs on the overdrive channael, the benefit of the 5150II/6505+ is that you get a seperate EQ for both the clean/od channels when the original has a shared EQ.

Reading further in the thread I understand you got a 5150III Mini, cracking amps in their own right, hope you enjoy it!
Bigbazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #78
zucky22389

Thanks, @Bigbazz =). Brand new today, and i'm struggling to find a bad tone in it. This amp is way more use-friendly to my inexperienced self. With the Carvin, I had to really tweak, tweak, and tweak some more to get a tone I liked. This thing is in it's "sweet spot" all the time!!

Last edited by zucky22389 : 03-08-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #79
Bigbazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucky22389
Thanks, @Bigbazz =). Brand new today, and i'm struggling to find a bad tone in it. This amp is way more use-friendly to my inexperienced self. With the Carvin, I had to really tweak, tweak, and tweak some more to get a tone I liked. This thing is in it's "sweet spot" all the time!!

I had a Framus Dragon parked in my house for a few months (it was my bands singers) and as much as I'd heard good things about them I just couldn't find a tone I was happy with, it was always like I was searching trying to find something more or better..

Then I would plug in my 5150 and it was like BANG! instant, no messing around it sounded great just turning it on, It was then I realised I just didn't like the Framus. Sometimes it just comes down to personal taste, the 5150 III though made by Fender shares a lot of simularities in the sound with the original Peavey 5150, and in some ways the Dragon has a lot of the characteristics of that Carvin, so for me to understand your point of view is easy!

I totally get it!
Bigbazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #80
zucky22389

Fender does such a great job of marketing this amp. You can't even find the word "Fender" on the thing; it's like they don't want their name to be affiliated with EVH or 5150. Known for their cleans, it's easy to see why they don't want "Fender" plastered all over a high gain amp.

After a few hours of twiddling and plucking, this amp sounds great! I only have my ESP with Duncans to play through it atm. I can't wait to play my friends Hellraiser with EMGs, and my strat through it. Like I said before, it's hard to find a bad tone! It's one of those amps where you plug in and all of the sudden you become a machine, playing "cleaner" and faster than you thought was possible for yourself.

Rate This Thread: