|01-22-2013, 04:28 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2013
I want to buy a Jackson JS32, the cheap Jackson.
- what's the difference between JS32 and JS32T ?
- is the CVR2 humbucker pickups sound good enough? How is it, compared to others, ex. duncan designed?
- what's the quality of the guitar, in general?
Can you suggest me other good guitars for heavy metal, in the same price range (400$ / 500$) ?
Il Diario di Morfeo: sogni e interpretazioni
|01-22-2013, 08:08 AM||#2|
I N F P
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Liverpool, UK
- JS32 has a licensed floyd. 32T is a TOM. You could have easily found this out on Google in 10 seconds.
- The stock pickups aren't great, but they're workable. Can't really tell you what they're like compared to other pickups because nobody really bothers looking into the tone of cheap pickups. Guitarists and engineers focus far more on the brand-name stuff than anything else.
- Quality isn't great, but you get what you pay for. It's fine for a beginner guitar.
- Why are you looking at this guitar when you have a budget of $500? You can get a JS32T brand new for half of that.
If you want a good metal guitar for $500, look into used Gibson V's/Explorers, Ibanez Prestige, Jackson Pro's (the old MIJ's), Charvel Pro Mod's, LTD Deluxe. There are hundreds of guitars to be had that are considered 'metal' guitars for $500. If you want something specific, give us the specifics.
Dost thou like Macabre? As do I, my fere!
☮ (´･ω･`) ☮
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 01-22-2013 at 08:10 AM.
|01-22-2013, 10:41 AM||#3|
Join Date: Sep 2012
For 500$ you should be able to get a guitar from X serie, like RR24XT. A step up from JS serie guitars which are for beginners really.
ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Peavey Valveking 100
Digitech Bad Monkey
Joyo US Dream
Joyo JF-31 Noise Gate
|Thread Tools||Rate This Thread|