User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #21
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs2gro
Now assuming some of you don't respect rappers, know this: there is a difference between "rap music" and "hip hop" rap is the music that is all about pussy money weed. Hip hop is about real life and applies to everybody not just in the hood.

This is just full of fail.

>Tries to defend rap
>Has no idea what he's defending

I like how he implies that what goes on in the hood isn't real life. Prat.

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #22
luvs2gro
Ug's Botan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonousNipple
Isn't it about time white middle to high class kids got off the hip-hop band wagon yet? The amount of times I've seen kids on sites like this try to school fellow posters about the credibility of hip-hop artists compared to rap artists (yes, you said that) is sickening. It's about time to realize you are not the authority and cannot dictate someone elses (in this case a high misunderstood and somewhat opressed group of people with not much else to get by with) culture. It's all but ruined through this line of thinking by outsiders. Worst yet, these same people don't even really support hip-hop, they are told what is "real hip-hop" (90s) and don't support NEW "real artists" unless they are white or they know them (nobody internet rappers). They all love Sage Francis which is bizarre but then again he is the white outcast they identify with in this case. It's ok, I know what you're going to say so don't bother typing how someone elses culture is for everybody, just buy the cds and accept what it is.

Mr Lif wont be remembered in 50 years time and Gangstarr arn't so modern.

Sorry if I offended you, you believe what you want and I will believe what I want.

I support the artists I listen to. Go to Band Camp and listen to Artists like Sabzi, Jiu Soul or even ESTA. I support all of these producers and I produce Hip Hop beats myself. Sabzi is quite popular as an established producer as well. If I do listen to Hip Hop it's usually producers like J Dilla and Madlib not rappers.

Mr. Lif rapping about occupy wall street is not directed at any particular race of people occupy wall street had many different races participating.

And so you know I don't even really listen to Hip Hop nearly as much as any other Genre, I was just saying out of all the Genres I know Hip Hop has the realest as it is much more lyrical than the other Genres I listen to are. The majority if the time I listen to jam bands like Phish, Umphrey's Mcgee, etc.

Again sorry if I offended you I just thought this would be an interesting thread.

Last edited by luvs2gro : 01-22-2013 at 03:45 AM.
luvs2gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #23
stratman_13
little kicks

Quote:
Isn't it about time white middle to high class kids got off the hip-hop band wagon yet? The amount of times I've seen kids on sites like this try to school fellow posters about the credibility of hip-hop artists compared to rap artists (yes, you said that) is sickening. It's about time to realize you are not the authority and cannot dictate someone elses (in this case a high misunderstood and somewhat opressed group of people with not much else to get by with) culture. It's all but ruined through this line of thinking by outsiders. Worst yet, these same people don't even really support hip-hop, they are told what is "real hip-hop" (90s) and don't support NEW "real artists" unless they are white or they know them (nobody internet rappers). They all love Sage Francis which is bizarre but then again he is the white outcast they identify with in this case. It's ok, I know what you're going to say so don't bother typing how someone elses culture is for everybody, just buy the cds and accept what it is.

What are you even talking about?

You know nothing of hip hop.

I'm going to go back to my Schoolboy Q and you can go back to... whatever it is you're listening to.

don't get me started on hip hop and rap, son. I'll Andre 3000 you into the ground.

Who would choose to be alone, imprisoned by their broken memories?

--
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:51 AM   #24
luvs2gro
Ug's Botan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingamer2
This is just full of fail.

>Tries to defend rap
>Has no idea what he's defending

I like how he implies that what goes on in the hood isn't real life. Prat.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #25
5thCircuitRider
Wild Horseman

Quote:

Are you drunk?
5thCircuitRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:59 AM   #26
PoisonousNipple
Banned

I didn't read any responses to my replys because if you argued my points, you are guilty as charged in everything I wrote and you should feel bad for contributing to the destruction of the "real hip-hop" you claim to be so close to. Making beats dosn't make you part of the culture you steam roll through like a parasite with no remorse while supporting shitty internet artists and abandoning the starving artist on the street. Go and paint a wall in Spanish Harlem, I'm sure Seen would agree you're so hip-hop

EDIT: On topic, just about anything Euphrates/Narcicyst has made
show

Last edited by PoisonousNipple : 01-22-2013 at 04:02 AM.
PoisonousNipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #27
due 07
haaan

aren't all songs political?
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:03 AM   #28
stratman_13
little kicks

The fact that you even made half of those points proves that you don't know anything about it.

Enjoy your Carter IV.

Who would choose to be alone, imprisoned by their broken memories?

--
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:03 AM   #29
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
aren't all songs political?

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort

Last edited by rockingamer2 : 01-22-2013 at 04:06 AM.
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #30
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingamer2
show

point taken but for real i'm just a dork so i was making an esoteric punk reference
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #31
PoisonousNipple
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman_13

Enjoy your Carter IV.

PoisonousNipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #32
luvs2gro
Ug's Botan

Quote:
I didn't read any responses to my replys because if you argued my points, you are guilty as charged in everything I wrote and you should feel bad for contributing to the destruction of the "real hip-hop" you claim to be so close to. Making beats dosn't make you part of the culture you steam roll through like a parasite with no remorse while supporting shitty internet artists and abandoning the starving artist on the street. Go and paint a wall in Spanish Harlem, I'm sure Seen would agree you're so hip-hop

show

I never claimed to be part of the hip hop culture, I make beats for the love not because I want to be accepted into the "hip hop culture"

It seems like you are mistaking me for some one I'm not, and you judged me off my post, seeing that I posted two songs that, indeed have a real message behind them which is the topic of the thread, and the songs happened to be hip hop you assumed I was like a particular type of person you know and appear to loath.

did't mean to offend you, but I don't want to argue with you about this any more
Old 01-22-2013, 04:16 AM   #33
Dregen
damien wren

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thCircuitRider
show

YES, fucking dope song
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:18 AM   #34
piratemetalhead
madjurstic

Mr. Lif as in ex-Def Jux Mr.Lif? Sweet tune man.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:44 AM   #35
luvs2gro
Ug's Botan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratemetalhead
Mr. Lif as in ex-Def Jux Mr.Lif? Sweet tune man.

Indeed, he is great.

Thievery Corporation has some good jams as well:
Old 01-22-2013, 04:57 AM   #36
_KurtCobain_77
All Praise Lord Emery

Brother Ali

Blueprint

and then my favourite, P.O.S.

Like gaming? Like podcasts? http://www.dragonscrewgaming.com/
_KurtCobain_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #37
Cold Reader
UG's IOW Engineer.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #38
psyks
Pretty thief

Propagandhi - Bullshit Politicians

Every fucking day our cities tell us what they think of justice. They lock the courageous away as the cowards plaster the cracks spreading through the monolith. But if this man isn't freed, this city burns. On this Day of Remembrance let us not kneel and pray for the dead. Let us stand and activate for the living, to rescue those about to die at the hands of bullshit politicians; bloated pin-dick mother****ers who bow and curtsy to the seats of power. We'll never learn and nothing will ever change as long as we stay this course of followers and slaves. I can't believe we're still content reshuffling the same old decks of kings and queens and faux-democracies. I say we hand it back to the bullshit politicians. Brick by brick, wall by wall…

My Soundcloud
My music, paino, guitar and otherwise - Updated SOMETIMES

DeviantArt
Please watch, fave and comment

Last edited by psyks : 01-22-2013 at 05:45 AM.
psyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #39
smartalecG94
UG's Resident MoonMoon

Quote:

show

Dude, pull the stick out of your anus and chill. Just because someone argues your points doesn't mean their points are invalid. Saying "making beats doesnt make you a part of that culture" is like saying that deadmau5 isn't part of the electronica culture or Rammstein isn't part of the industrial culture. It's a load of BS. Also, people on the internet aren't all terrible and supporting them isn't any worse than supporting the "starving artist on the street". You need to chill and take a shower; you reek of trollstench.

EDIT: luv2gro, you should check out @TonyRose on tumblr. He's a friend of mine who makes some pretty sick beats himself.

I'm watching you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleOfSmoke
If I was a rich man in 17th century Britain, I'd totally adopt Alec and make him my heir.

Last edited by smartalecG94 : 01-22-2013 at 06:38 AM.
smartalecG94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #40
ROCK=ZEPPELIN
Doesnt listen to zeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs2gro
Immortal Technique is bringing the heat so hard its almost chilling to listen to, I definitely consider him one of the modern artists putting out real music.

He brings the heat with his lyrics and his message. But his style is so unoriginal and boring I've found I can't listen to much of his catalogue.

Rate This Thread: