Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #41
Blktiger0
The Name's Devon! ;)

It'll have it's market, but that market is so small and those are going to be so terribly expensive that I don't see it going anywhere. I certainly won't be buying one, but if they sound good and do what they're supposed to, then it won't stop me from recommending them to other people.

I personally would hope that they make some more changes to the aesthetics before they release that. It could still happen, I mean, the Vengeace had an entirely different look to it at NAMM. It looked exactly like the Armageddon, but said Vengeance. They changed it enirely though (although the new look sucks compared to the old). Even if they kept the stupid look toned down to where you could at least remove all of the parts that look terrible.

I agree that these will likely be short-lived.
Blktiger0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #42
MatrixClaw
UG God

This is the one I saw:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...two-amps-569494

The Hellraiser 100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
MatrixClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #43
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixClaw
This is the one I saw:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...two-amps-569494

The Hellraiser 100.

That's much more tolerable

Check out my band!

One Night in Paris
AxSilentxLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #44
MatrixClaw
UG God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxSilentxLine

Agreed.

That color scheme could definitely grow on me.

The Schecter logo is definitely bold being that big on it, but it works a lot better than that stupid Hellwin crap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
MatrixClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #45
Blktiger0
The Name's Devon! ;)

Hell, that one isn't that bad. That might just be a totally different amp that they're putting out, though. The Hellwin amps might be a different line, or just the flagship of the line or something (let's hope).
Blktiger0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #46
Way Cool JR.
The 'L80s Man.

The Hellwin is just the Syn sig not the entire Schecter amp line like everyone is making it out to be. The pic posted earlier is what the non sig looks like.

Last edited by Way Cool JR. : 01-22-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Way Cool JR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:54 PM   #47
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way Cool JR.
The Hellwin is just the Syn sig not the entire Schecter amp line like everyone is making it out to be. The pic posted earlier is what the non sig looks like.

I'd still take them more seriously if they toned down the logo a little

Check out my band!

One Night in Paris
AxSilentxLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #48
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CECamps
I'm sure they have their target market pinned and have geared the aesthetics and marketing accordingly.

yeah probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
And I have listened to some bands for 20+yrs and they dont get as old as the A7X albums

yeah ac/dc has quite the varied back catalogue. remember that world music album they did? back in black i think was the title.

seriously, though, yeah most a7x stuff sounds the same. that being said most bands i listen to sound the same. I'm not sure that's a fair criticism... while i'd agree it's playing it safe, i'd rather a band i liked kept making music i liked (admittedly, it's a fine line between keeping the signature sound and cranking out the exact same album 15 times, which i don't want either ) than tried to change or keep up with every new trend and ended up making music i didn't like.

Quote:

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Blackstar can blow me; dodgey ****ers.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #49
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.

The guitarist at my dad's church (he runs soundboard) bought a Schecter, and my dad said something like 'isn't that geared towards heavier music?' The guy's response; 'don't worry, it has coil tapz.'
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #50
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

sigged

Quote:

Old 01-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #51
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
I'd still take them more seriously if they toned down the logo a little

Really?

I'm unconvinced that visuals in an amp are pertinent, especially those that are easily 'editable'.

Am I the only one here that cares how it sounds and quite honestly could not care less how it looks?

Did I miss the memo where the quest for tone had gotten extended into the visual realm?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #52
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

They both look ugly. Maybe I will get a chance to hear it in person. I will,let everyone know.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #53
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
They both look ugly. Maybe I will get a chance to hear it in person. I will,let everyone know.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Youtube vid of you demoing it and saying (While still in the booth amped up) "Meh, it's ok, but it's no ASG Hybris!"

It's a moral imperative!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #54
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Really?

I'm unconvinced that visuals in an amp are pertinent, especially those that are easily 'editable'.

Am I the only one here that cares how it sounds and quite honestly could not care less how it looks?

Did I miss the memo where the quest for tone had gotten extended into the visual realm?

oh i agree

i'm just making the point that the gold one looks kinda lame

especially when something like an amp is so easy to make look at least decent, i mean it's basically just a rectangular box.

Quote:

Old 01-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #55
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Quote:
I'm eagerly awaiting the Youtube vid of you demoing it and saying (While still in the booth amped up) "Meh, it's ok, but it's no ASG Hybris!"

It's a moral imperative!

I will do

I think I am going to practice some Metallica licks to demo at NAMM. Everyone will see my skillz Maybe some stairway to heaven? Eruption?

Last edited by R45VT : 01-23-2013 at 12:41 PM.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #56
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.

Quote:
Really?

I dunno man, visual aesthetics play a part in almost all purchases... I would think. Why do we care how guitars look? That doesn't affect playability... Hell plenty of guys spend time drooling over pics of guitars on the web, despite not having a clue how well they play.

It's one thing to say 'I won't buy that because it looks like shit' when it's a great amp for you, I understand that's a little crazy... But when designing an amp that doesn't mean you should dismiss aesthetics completely.

Besides, we have literally nothing to go on besides aesthetics at this point... So what else can we discuss?
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #57
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ agreed.

i've discounted things before because i just plain couldn't get past the looks. Granted... if it was the only available product that would do what I wanted I wouldn't have done so, but very few products are *that* unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
I will do

I think I am going to practice some Metallica licks to demo at NAMM. Everyone will see my skillz Maybe some stairway to heaven? Eruption?

eruption would be awesome

Quote:

Old 01-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #58
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetime86
I dunno man, visual aesthetics play a part in almost all purchases... I would think. Why do we care how guitars look? That doesn't affect playability... Hell plenty of guys spend time drooling over pics of guitars on the web, despite not having a clue how well they play.

It's one thing to say 'I won't buy that because it looks like shit' when it's a great amp for you, I understand that's a little crazy... But when designing an amp that doesn't mean you should dismiss aesthetics completely.

Besides, we have literally nothing to go on besides aesthetics at this point... So what else can we discuss?

I don't entirely disagree, my response was intended as a rebuttal to a specific post, not a general overview as there is no doubt the points you make are reasonable in consideration.

As an aside however, I pretty much don't care how a guitar looks (or what's imprinted on the headstock) as long as I like how it sounds/feels. (Which is why I keep a veritable 'who's who' of alleged 'don't buy' gear on my profile, I catch more than a few gear snobs out that way...) I can appreciate fine instruments for their visual appeal of course, but I don't buy them based on that.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #59
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ yeah. and if it's a nice enough instrument, sometimes it can sway you on the looks front, too. I've tried things that i hated the look of, just to see, and ended up really liking the looks.

Quote:

Old 01-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #60
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
^ yeah. and if it's a nice enough instrument, sometimes it can sway you on the looks front, too. I've tried things that i hated the look of, just to see, and ended up really liking the looks.

I had that happen, not with a high-end guitar but with one I had exactly zero interest in owning, an Ibanez Xiphos XPT700.

Picked it up on a lark whilst in GC to see the odd looks from the friend that was with me, and to my EXTREME amazement it fit me like it had been custom built to my exact physical size and specifications...it pretty much fell into place like it had been molded there.

Yeah, it happens.

Don't tell my mama I play a Xiphos, she thinks I'm the bouncer at a *****house and I wouldn't want her to be embarrassed...

Last edited by Arby911 : 01-23-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: