Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
b.vicious

Aesthetics of Hate - Machine Head (C4C)

Here's my newest cover, enjoy! C4C as always
b.vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:55 AM   #2
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

Never heard this song before or listened to any Machine Head for that matter really. Pretty ****ing brutal though and it seems like you played it flawlessly. Real thrashy and i like it. Any songs you recommend by them?
vayne92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
b.vicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayne92
Never heard this song before or listened to any Machine Head for that matter really. Pretty ****ing brutal though and it seems like you played it flawlessly. Real thrashy and i like it. Any songs you recommend by them?

I'd recommend their last two albums (The Blackening and Unto the Locust) they're both solid and heavy albums. Feel free to branch out from their though.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
ankthebank

Great job man! You look like you're enjoying it as well, and that's always good to see. Your tone is nice, maybe raise the mids to make it stand out slightly more from the rest of the mix... but other than that, your playing sounds great! Nice stuff

And thanks for the comment on my cover as well!

MY ONLINE BAND!
Youtube Page
Facebook Page

Please join or subscribe!
ankthebank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

So it's like a day since i posted on this and i must thank you for i've been listening to Machine Head nonstop ever since i commented on this haha. Can't stop listening to Locust. Probably gonna learn that over the next week or two or sure
vayne92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
b.vicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayne92
So it's like a day since i posted on this and i must thank you for i've been listening to Machine Head nonstop ever since i commented on this haha. Can't stop listening to Locust. Probably gonna learn that over the next week or two or sure

Haha I'm glad to hear it bro
Old 01-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #7
face_the_fear

Great cover mate! I can't fault the guitar playing at all. One of my favourite bands too!

It sounds like you are recording your guitar direct so one thing I suggest is to watch out for clipping the song when you export your mixdown of the actual song and your playing over the top. Once you start going over 0db you are going to get this horrible digital distortion. Use a light compressor and/or maximizer to bring the volume up as close to 0db as you can but don't go over it.
face_the_fear is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: