Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
OurRequiem

Techy metal

Working on a new song i know some transitions are rough but its still in the works! advice suggestions thoughts? c4c

https://soundcloud.com/yourlastbrea...tar-work-update
-Jackson DR7, EMGs (selling)
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w (maybe a veteran30swap?)
OurRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
Metal Turtle

Hehe ok after listening to it a couple times my opinon has changed and it actually was pretty good but what made it sound all over the place was the transitions and i'll tell you why. There really wasnt an intro and it kind of started out of no where, i think somthing you could do is write this part at 1:02 first and somehow add the beggining of the song after it becuase it kind of sounds like a solo of some kind and i think it flows better like that, and then add the break down at 0:32 after all that. The song was good but again the arrangment were confussing for the listener.

Also spend a little more time with the drum program and your guitar playing and make it a little more tite and solid, your a great guitarist and it could be even better with time

Well i feel like a donky now lol, here my song but it contains just riffs http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1584287

Last edited by Metal Turtle : 01-26-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #3
Zero Space

Like Metal Turtle said the song just starts out of nowhere. i think it would sound pretty good if you start it out with that same riff you use in the beginning making the volume of the riff slowly rise up in volume and then after a couple seconds just start off the song like you normally would. at 0:33 how the drums start off the break down its a pretty strange way to start it off. other than that the song is sounding pretty sick towards where your trying to head with it. nice work on it
Zero Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #4
OurRequiem

i really appreicate the comments and suggestions i know the transitions are trash haha i am trying to come up with some kind of intro for the song like i said though it in its infancy im writing as a i go type deal. I will definately check out your guys stuff in the near future here i just hoped on ug quick and dont have time at the moment
-LTD MH417
Old 01-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
lord_nosfuratu

As most people have already said it does sound very all over the place. What I would say this is is a good collection of ideas and riffs that need to be elaborated on to create some kick ass songs. I really enjoy the riff that starts about 1:00 minute it. Reminds me of Arsis. The breakdown made laugh in a good way. Came outta nowhere lol.

Anyway c4c? I got some of my own kinda techy metal stuff. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1585034

Dropping Like Flies
No Clemency for the Heathen
lord_nosfuratu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
OurRequiem

yeah like i said when i started this thread! the transitions and im just writing this as i go to be honest i like the beginning the best thats where the idea for the whole thing came.

and the breakdown! yes! i love the shock value its got! you don't see it coming at all.

quality over all could be better considering im using a ux2 running gearbox into reaper and nothing in between.

but again feedback is much appreicated
-LTD MH417

Rate This Thread: