User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #141
Jostry
UG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
If nuclear weapons didn't exist during the 60s and 70s then there wouldn't have been a Cold War then anyway, because the war on the Eastern front would have taken a great deal longer.

The tensions were starting even before WWII ended. America was scared of the spread of Communism and thought of it as pure evil and all that shit. There wouldn't have been a Cold War because there would've been an actual war sooner or later.
Jostry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #142
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostry
The tensions were starting even before WWII ended. America was scared of the spread of Communism and thought of it as pure evil and all that shit. There wouldn't have been a Cold War because there would've been an actual war sooner or later.

I'm aware, but neither Russia or America could have been at each other's throats if Japan had been a constant threat to them.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #143
raoooos
///////////

fuk yeh north korea do it 4 freedom
raoooos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #144
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
The US sends relief parcels to the population of North Korea, I believe. The North Korean population is told that these aid parcels of food and medicine are devotional offerings from foreign countries to the Dear Leader, and that he benevolently gives them to his people because he loves them.

Oh, well...never mind then...

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #145
gabcd86
isn't French.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMABBALLPLAYER
In all reality we could solve this situation with not providing them aid anymore. We just need to stop. They obviously need us, and if they don't stop they're just going to kill themselves.

So let thousands of people starve to death? To what end?

"En una revolucion, se triunfa o se muere, si es verdadera." ~Ernesto "Che" Guevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeb rocks
I guess that does technically make you the Che to my Fidel if it makes you feel better

UG Amplified
gabcd86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #146
zenbone
King of two things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabcd86
So let thousands of people starve to death? To what end?

We should stop all aid and all foreign occupation completely. When you ask to What End? One only needs to read this thread to see that all our contributions to the world go with no positive outlook. I have never once read anything that didn't end up being accusatory and hateful toward America and the people that make the nation up. So, becoming isolationist seems to be a very reasonable reaction to constant berating and hate from the rest of the world. So yes, let them starve and let countries fight each other and kill... for all the love we get back from every other country that is the love we should share. If China is the new super power let THEM take the reigns and help the other nations.
zenbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #147
gabcd86
isn't French.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbone
We should stop all aid and all foreign occupation completely. When you ask to What End? One only needs to read this thread to see that all our contributions to the world go with no positive outlook. I have never once read anything that didn't end up being accusatory and hateful toward America and the people that make the nation up. So, becoming isolationist seems to be a very reasonable reaction to constant berating and hate from the rest of the world. So yes, let them starve and let countries fight each other and kill... for all the love we get back from every other country that is the love we should share. If China is the new super power let THEM take the reigns and help the other nations.

Two ways to answer this. A) It's not in the USA's interest to cut off ties with the world. It's not a question of love, it's being able to trade and invest all over the world. For example, US aid to N. Korea as part of peace negotiations might help avoid conflict in an already pretty tense region. US military presence there helps keep peace. B) Isolationism seems thoroughly inconsistent with the US' view of itself. The "city on the hill" needs to spread its light, etc.

"En una revolucion, se triunfa o se muere, si es verdadera." ~Ernesto "Che" Guevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeb rocks
I guess that does technically make you the Che to my Fidel if it makes you feel better

UG Amplified
gabcd86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #148
zenbone
King of two things...

agreed, but i think the City on the hill view needs to go. It doesn't work and has yielded no goodwill or positive outcome. If we could only change our perspective and pull back most or all of our troops from foreign land and focused on infrastructure our money, time and lives would be much better spent. In this day and age complete isolationism doesn't work but if we adapted a mix of mostly isolationism with partial international dealing it would fair much better for America as a nation and probably the world in general.
zenbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #149
Jostry
UG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguinpanic
Not to be an ass but as long as the US has long distance nuclear missiles themselves they have no right to condem other countries for having them/developing them.

It's like telling someone to stop doing drugs whilr being a terrible junk yourselves.

I am much more concerened by America's possesion of nuclear weapons thn North Korea's since they don't have working ones ant time soon.

Unlike tubby over here, the US isn't unstable enough to just start firing nuclear missiles at other countries for no reason.

Last edited by Jostry : 01-24-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:44 AM   #150
Twofly
UG's official GhostHunter

Not a good time to be american I guess...
Old 01-25-2013, 02:13 AM   #151
eGraham
Artists are crooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofly
Not a good time to be american I guess...

It's always a good time to be an American.

Just ask Craig Ferguson.

April 23, 2014.
eGraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:47 AM   #152
PoisonousNipple
Banned

Quote:

LOL
PoisonousNipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:54 AM   #153
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:

How would any of this be in America's best interests? Yes, we should stop policing the world, but the rest of it would just be stupid for continued development of America.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:17 AM   #154
DIFTWOOD
UG's Mr.Zebra

Quote:

Obviously you have no idea how global economy works... And obviously you have no idea how profitable it is for america to be involved in so many conflicts haha america makes/uses/sells/owns the most weapons in the world. And also what people dont seems to realize is that every country hates each other. America gets most of the spotlight since its the topdog right now.
DIFTWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #155
pinguinpanic

Quote:

That would be wonderfull yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostry
Unlike tubby over here, the US isn't unstable enough to just start firing nuclear missiles at other countries for no reason.

Unstable or not it's still rather odd having 7,000 nukes lieing arround and bitching about another country to develop these weapons. It's a bit of a double standard.

Also, does everyone know about this:
http://kimjongillookingatthings.tumblr.com/
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
pinguinpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:00 AM   #156
willT08
SM58 beater

Quote:

Calm down, Ron.
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:08 AM   #157
Twofly
UG's official GhostHunter

Quote:

Do you have any idea how much foreign goods America imports? The best fruits from Africa, electronics from China, clothing/fabric from Europe etc. Sure America does export a fair amount as well, but with the amount of original manufacturers for most international products located outside of the USA, somehow I'm sure the world will be able to survive!

Last edited by Twofly : 01-25-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Twofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #158
macashmack
Spongethug Moneypants

I thinkz we should pay china back so they become our boyz and we should fukk N. Korgina up the azz
Old 01-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #159
Jostry
UG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguinpanic
Unstable or not it's still rather odd having 7,000 nukes lieing arround and bitching about another country to develop these weapons. It's a bit of a double standard.

Don't be so hypocritical. You want the world to get rid of nuclear weapons, but if the US tries to stop a crazy dictator who is THREATENING to use them, you say it's not fair. The US is actually reducing their nuclear stockpile. We went from 50,000 during the height of the cold war, to 5,114 (and we're still getting rid of more). It's almost certain that the US won't use their nukes unless they are attacked by a nuke first, or some other extremely dire situation. It's extremely stupid that you're actually complaining about the US wanting to stop North Korea (and it's not just the US, you can add the UN and its 100+ countries to the list too, because NOBODY wants NK to get nukes). It's a world effort, the UN is placing tight sanctions on them, and are tightening them after NKs threats a few days ago.

Last edited by Jostry : 01-25-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #160
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Anyone who thinks removing all nuclear weapons from a country that currently has them is a good idea is rather politically naive.

Rate This Thread: