Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
Mech-cannibal

Peavey VTM60 Power loss

Hey guys and gurus, my brother in-law recently gave me his old amplifier he had laying around from when he was a kid, to my surprise and pleasure it is in-fact a VTM 60.

He turned it one and said the lights came on etc, i went and picked it up and as i arrived home i decided to try it out even though assuming it would need tubes and a servicing.
I plugged in, flipped the switch and was greeted with i big ol' let down.

No lights, no glowing in the tubes, no sound, not even the hum from the power transformer.
i figured maybe there was a fuse blown - nothing, every internal and chassis mount fuse is fine.
there is AC power getting to the mains switch, there is also AC power coming from the mains switch (240v, I live in Australia)

I would really like advice on what common issues the VTM Series of amplifiers of this age could face, as i'm not a total genius when it comes to dealing with circuitry but i can find my way around with a little guidance.

Thanks in advance - Greg.
some crabs
Mech-cannibal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: