Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-30-2013, 04:34 AM   #21
chatterbox272

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle62
I love how everyone's arguing their point, even though the guy's already got a solution that will get superb results without costing a penny extra.

What do you expect? I mean, this is the internet
Masquerade: #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Caboose
Time isn't made out of lines, it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round.
chatterbox272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:50 AM   #22
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatterbox272
What do you expect? I mean, this is the internet

Yep. It's what we do best
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #23
FearComplex

If you want silent recording with the Bugera using just it's preamp use it's FX loop. The clip I did that Sethis posted on the previous page was done that way. The line out requires you turn up the master volume to feed signal to your interface, the FX loop allows you to keep the master at 0 and feed your interface with the channel volume. So silent recording. If you want to tap the power amp you'll need a dummy load or a load box that has a silent feature.
FearComplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:50 AM   #24
Tremolo Bum
Addicted to FR

The distortion from that amp is going to be coming from the preamp for the vast majority anyway.
Effects - TS9, MXR 10 Band EQ, Carbon Copy Delay
-Digitech RP1000
Tremolo Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #25
RaiZu

Haven't checked here in a while. I have a 2x12 Harley Benton cab so I don't think it's worth the investment buying microphones and blowing up neighbours when I can use an impulse.
I know it's not the real thing but my main problem with ampsims is their clarity. On high gain bursts of notes tend to blend in and all you can really hear is a whoosh instead of let's say 3 notes. Cabinet wise they sound decent, they blend in nicely in the mix. And right now I've found an electrician who can build me a dummy load so I can crank it up without having to connect to a cab
RaiZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiZu
right now I've found an electrician who can build me a dummy load so I can crank it up without having to connect to a cab

Not really worth the effort tbh. The power section of a 5150-type amp is pretty clear and neutral, it doesn't colour the tone beyond a very subtle compression.

Head honcho at Stubborn Sound!
https://soundcloud.com/stubbornsound
kyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #27
RaiZu

It's no big effort and it's useful for me. I have a small room, connected to a cab even on the lowest levels it's a bit loud. Especially if I try the fx loop because it has no signal unless I turn on the fx boost and it goes up a lot. And this way I can crank it up to a decent level and tweak the sound while monitoring the input instead of hearing the outside cab.
RaiZu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: