Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!

NGD Agile AL-727 EB

Here is my Agile AL-727EB. I havenít had a 7 string in over a year and a half and I just sold my 8 string, so this is my only ERG at the moment!

Specs:
27Ē Scale
Mahogany body and neck
Ebony fretboard w/ MOP dots
Nice dark green color all over, my first green guitar ever.
Grover tuners, med jumbo frets I think.

Itís always a gamble buying a guitar without playing it first. Iíve bought many that way and have ended up selling most while Iíve kept a few. I liked this from the first moment I played it. The neck is a little bigger than what Iím used to, but Iím better off with a thicker neck. The wizard-thin neck on my old Washburn 7 string was a little too small and my left hand would cramp up after playing it for long periods of time. This beast weighs 11 pounds! Sustain is pretty good, and it arrived with decent action. No QC issues. I can see filing marks on the edges of the fretboard, but itís no big deal. For $300, this is a damn good guitar.

I havenít got the chance to play it through a real amp just yet, should get to this weekend. I installed a Q tuner (remember those?) in the neck and I was going to put a BKP Miracle Man in the bridge but due to the cover, it wouldnít fit. Iíll be acquiring one with red bobbins soon! I donít like 2 volumes and 2 tones so I removed one of each. I installed a 500K linear taper pot for the volume and put an Orange Drop capacitor in. I have an extra 1 Meg linear pot lying around so I might try it one day. On to the pics!

So there you have it. Good looking guitar with a decent veneer top. Good playability. The correct number of strings. And a great price! This exact one went up to like $430 a day or two after I bought it so I wonder if my $300 price was a mistake on the website. This is the best $300 guitar I could ever hope to buy. Itís my second Agile, my first being an 8 string Intrepid, which I was also highly impressed with. I can see another Agile in my future. If you live in the USA, rondomusic.com has a great return policy if your axe arrives at your door totally FUBAR. If thereís a scratch or two, you can often get a partial refund. I recommend doing business with them.
ESP Horizon
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD AX-350
Frankentele
Carvin V3 + Avatar Cab

SYLrules88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
lemurflames
Ronnie

I've considered one of these. Would make a really nice $300 backup 7.

Happy New Gear Day!
PRS 212 DB
Peavey 5150 212
ProTone Dead Horse OD
lemurflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
tukk04
UG's Neil Young

I dig that finish man, that green quilt is bitchin'. I've been thinking about getting a seven string, not that I play metal but I've found non conventional guitar intriguing since I've started playing.

Soundcloud

Last edited by tukk04 : 01-24-2013 at 08:38 PM.
tukk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
Kyleisthename

What is your opinion on the Q-tuner?
I've been waiting forever for their second design to come out....

The Youtubes
Kyleisthename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 AM   #5
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!

^i like it! i had one in another guitar and i loved it, but i think i screwed it up so its doesnt work now. ive been more careful with this one i havent got a chance to play it through a real amp yet. i cant remember trying out the other one with any distortion so im still unsure how they react with a little bit of OD. should get to find out this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukk04
I dig that finish man, that green quilt is bitchin'. I've been thinking about getting a seven string, not that I play metal but I've found non conventional guitar intriguing since I've started playing.

one of the most common and unfortunate stereotypes of 7 strings is they are for metal. all it is is one more string, thats it. you can make it a standard guitar with a high A. you can have your low B. you can do anything in between. its all up to you. the tuning im currently messing around with is, low to high, B-E-A-C#-F#-C#-E, and im liking it a lot. you can make some really fun chords that incorporate all 7 strings. If you're open to new and different things, id suggest trying a 7! they're lots of fun!
ESP Horizon
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD AX-350
Frankentele
Carvin V3 + Avatar Cab

SYLrules88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
Ippon
Amped

Looks sweet!

Old 01-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #7
tybacca60

Man that thing is badA.
Iv considered one of these for my first 7,I dont know about buying one w/o playing it,but I guess for 350$,I guess its not that big of deal,Agile seems to have a pretty good rep with putting out quality stuffz.
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
tybacca60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
tukk04
UG's Neil Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYLrules88
one of the most common and unfortunate stereotypes of 7 strings is they are for metal. all it is is one more string, thats it. you can make it a standard guitar with a high A. you can have your low B. you can do anything in between. its all up to you. the tuning im currently messing around with is, low to high, B-E-A-C#-F#-C#-E, and im liking it a lot. you can make some really fun chords that incorporate all 7 strings. If you're open to new and different things, id suggest trying a 7! they're lots of fun!

It really is a shame, that extra string has a lot of potential for adding to chords and open drone and walking basslines.

Soundcloud
tukk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
MaaZeus

Oh my, that guitar looks badass. Agile needs an European distributor, fast. Anyway, happy NGD!

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Peavey Valveking 100 MESA MOD
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
MaaZeus is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: