Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-27-2013, 04:51 AM   #21
JAHellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea`
Definitely more versatile than any 5150 derivative.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the new 5150s made by EVH and Fender, which are pretty damn versatile. the 6505s on the other hand...
JAHellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:53 AM   #22
JAHellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea`
Roland Cube 60 on the Dual Rectifier channel.

JAHellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #23
Blktiger0
The Name's Devon! ;)

Wow, this thread is full of so much crap it's not even funny.

First off, the sound difference between the 6505+ 112 and the 6505+ head through the same cabinet would be absolutely unidentifiable. Even if you can hear a difference, a free VH4 says that you couldn't accurately and consistently name which was which over a viariety of compared tones. The headroom difference, even coupled with a hotter bias, will not be THAT noticable. I've adjusted the bias from hot to cold on my amp, and as long as you're within the normal operation range of the tubes, you can't hear a difference that's any more significant that taking two steps to the left when you play. In addition, my amp has selectable power, and, once again, the tone difference is more likely in your head. The only major difference you can notice is that 60w is more managable at lower volumes, but BARELY.

As for the 5150 III, it's not even close to the same as a 5150, 5150 II, 6505, or 6505+. The only similarity is in the name and the relationship to Eddie. The 5153 is made under the brand EVH, which is made by Fender. The 5153 isn't anything close to the 5150/6505 or 5150 II/6505+. It's about as close to those two as a JCM2000 DSL100 is to a Plexi, or a Mesa Dual Rectifier is to a Mark V.

The Ironheart might be worth checking out. I know one of the guys on here just bought one. He complained about the boost being useless, though, and the effects loop isn't footswitchable, if that matters. I would take a 5153 over an Ironheart any day, though.
Blktiger0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #24
Bladed-Vaults
Broceidon king of Brocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blktiger0
Wow, this thread is full of so much crap it's not even funny.

seriously...

if anyone thinks the 5153 "lacks in the balls department" vs the old peavey. they need their heads knocked around. maybe the screws will fall back into place.

everyone keeps throwing amps with NO clean channel useability, the 5153 has a clean channel.

as blktiger mentioned I own the vengeance too and its worth you takin a peek at. super versatile heavy amp.

but again of all these choices "IF" you have and arewilling to drop 17-2000 bucks on an amp just get the 5153 dont settle for a lesser amp from misinformed folks.
Bladed-Vaults is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: