Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #41
boreamor
^(^_^)^

No matter how ridiculous it is, it actually is a pretty slam dunk case if you think about it. I am paying for 12 inches, not 11. And tbh, it does annoy me a little that.
boreamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #42
JokerGrin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
So if Subway replaced the beef in the subway with beef that you asked for with dog meat you'd be fine with it? I mean starving orphans wouldn't complain about eating dog meat.

If you're paying for a product then you should receive said product. Dying Africans doesn't come into it.

You're not reading me right, or I'm not explaining myself well enough. I agree that they need measures in place for consistent 12-inch sandwiches if people are shitting the bed over it, especially if that's what's being advertised. Yes, they need to address this issue. I agree with the lawsuits in this case.

I was simply saying that the whole thing is totally ridiculous. Sandwiches are a bit too short. Is there nothing just a little crazy with that sentence? In the grand scheme of things, it's not a major issue.
JokerGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #43
Neo Evil11
Worse than rapists

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerGrin
You're not reading me right, or I'm not explaining myself well enough. I agree that they need measures in place for consistent 12-inch sandwiches if people are shitting the bed over it, especially if that's what's being advertised. Yes, they need to address this issue. I agree with the lawsuits in this case.

I was simply saying that the whole thing is totally ridiculous. Sandwiches are a bit too short. Is there nothing just a little crazy with that sentence? In the grand scheme of things, it's not a major issue.

I eat there every week, so that is 1/12 of the price that i am not getting 52 times per year.That is 4 1/3 of a sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Neo Evil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #44
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:

I understand you perfectly, I just disagree.

And you're saying that rejecting dog meat isn't a little crazy? Dogs are perfectly safe to eat, and apparently taste quite nice. In the grand scheme of things it's not a major issue...
Old 01-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #45
JokerGrin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Evil11
I eat there every week, so that is 1/12 of the price that i am not getting 52 times per year.That is 4 1/3 of a sub.

Well, that sucks, but are you sure yours have been shorter? Did you sit and measure each sandwich? Did your stomach tell you it was missing an inch? Have you considered boycotting them until they fix their measurements? I mean, hitting companies in the wallet tends to do the most damage.

Todd, that's plainly another issue. I'd eat dog meat if I was told I was getting it and I paid for it. Where does that enter into it? You're getting what you asked for, just a little short, POSSIBLY. Did you check yours too?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #46
Neo Evil11
Worse than rapists

Quote:
Well, that sucks, but are you sure yours have been shorter? Did you sit and measure each sandwich? Did your stomach tell you it was missing an inch? Have you considered boycotting them until they fix their measurements? I mean, hitting companies in the wallet tends to do the most damage.

Todd, that's plainly another issue. I'd eat dog meat if I was told I was getting it and I paid for it. Where does that enter into it? You're getting what you asked for, just a little short, POSSIBLY. Did you check yours too?

I assume the ones that are suing have done a large statistical study. and yes usually i have a bit of hunger when I am done eating it. but it is both my breakfast and lunch.

Quote:

ಠ_ಠ
Old 01-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #47
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:

No, if I get an eleven inch sandwich when I ordered a footlong then I didn't get what I wanted. Just like if I order a pint and they give me 11/12ths of a pint I haven't been given a pint. If I buy a box of twelve cakes and get eleven then I haven't got what I wanted.

The point is one of false advertising, and as such it's no different than receiving dog meat instead of beef, or eleven cakes instead of twelve.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #48
JokerGrin
Banned

OK, I follow now.

Like I keep saying, I agree with the lawsuits and that people should get what they pay for, I just can't my head around the fact it's a short sandwich. I don't eat there often at all myself, but always enjoyed what I've had. I hope they see sense and put in measures to sell what they advertise.

Just curious, what do you guys hope will result from this? Are new measures to check the lengths enough or do you think fines and the like are needed?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #49
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
OK, I follow now.

Like I keep saying, I agree with the lawsuits and that people should get what they pay for, I just can't my head around the fact it's a short sandwich. I don't eat there often at all myself, but always enjoyed what I've had. I hope they see sense and put in measures to sell what they advertise.

Just curious, what do you guys hope will result from this? Are new measures to check the lengths enough or do you think fines and the like are needed?

Just make the sandwiches a foot long rather than eleven inches. It's not like any normal person is going to complain if they're a little off, I just defend the sad **** who's willing to because he is right about it being false advertising.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #50
AdamDK
Meh.

Quote:

I'd hope they actually make footlong footlong's after this instead of 11 inchers.
AdamDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #51
LightxGrenade

Yeah because it's a real tragedy that you're missing out that extra inch of shitty bread and gross deli meats. I love my country but god damn is this place is chock full of fat, greedy bastards lol.

Last edited by LightxGrenade : 01-26-2013 at 12:24 PM.
LightxGrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #52
JokerGrin
Banned

Agreed. It is quite interesting as to whether it was a deliberate move to shave a little bit off each one or whether some places just got a little bit careless. I would love to see the actual results of the study though, at least a percentage of how many in the study were short.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #53
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

People will sue over anything these days.

Also, did they fucking measure their sandwiches? "It's only eleven inches long! I'm suing your company!"

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #54
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

I bet there's a disclaimer somewhere that says "The title 'footlong' does not reflect the actual measurement."

Or if there's no disclaimer they'll say it's not a measurement, it's the name.

Doubt it makes it to court.
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #55
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE

Maybe they should have advertised an 11 inch. Or just make their bread a foot long, as advertised.

Subway pisses me off anyway, they can't seem to make the sandwiches without totally destroying the bread in the process.

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers
Gibson_SG_uzr55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #56
shelovemyguitar
The "s" ^ didn't fit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I bet there's a disclaimer somewhere that says "The title 'footlong' does not reflect the actual measurement."

My thought exactly

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
shelovemyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #57
daytripper75
First Sword of Braavos

Getting dog meat rather than beef is totally different.

An 11 inch sub is still a sub with all of the things you asked for. Dog meat and beef are completely different things.

That's like ordering a steak, and the restaurant gives me chicken. It's not the same idea as getting a sub that's slightly smaller, but still the same contents. It's the same product, just a bit smaller. You aren't being served food you didn't ask for.

Dog meat and beef are not the same product.

I understand what you're saying, but that's a shit example.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #58
Neo Evil11
Worse than rapists

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433

Doesn't work like that. The Quarter Pounder also has to be the quarter of a pound.

Quote:

ಠ_ಠ
Old 01-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #59
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist

my car was advertised at 40 mpg, but it turns out its only 36 or so. but who cares about a few miles per gallon amirite? how petty. it's just 48 miles I'm not getting every tank of gas I buy. what's the big deal? starving Africans would take an 8 mpg SUV if it meant not getting eaten by lions or snakes on the hunt for food.

Last edited by primusfan : 01-26-2013 at 01:23 PM.
primusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #60
daytripper75
First Sword of Braavos

Have they proved that the subs are consistently short? Or is it just something that happens from time to time?

Can any one individual prove that their subs were ever actually short if they never measured?

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: