Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
Doadman

Carl Martin Quattro

Has anybody any experience of this pedal?

I'm moving away from the multi-FX I'm using now and was going to return to stompboxes as I use a limited number of effects and would rather they were better quality. I'd need to get an Overdrive, Compressor, Chorus and Delay for sure and as luck would have it, those are the four effects that are in the Quattro. Carl Martin have a very good reputation but I've never tried their gear myself so do you think it would be a good alternative to, say, a Blackstar HT-Dual, DynaComp, Multi-Chorus, Vox Time Machine and noise gate?
Mark Tremonti Wah & Carl Martin Quattro
Doadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

I tried one briefly and though it was awesome. I've also read several reviews and never seen a bad word written about it. Definitely on my list of things to own one day.
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
gumbilicious
beginner

i have tried carl martin before, they don't make anything bad that i have tried. seems like a pretty good way to go.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
gumbilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Doadman

Your thoughts based on a quick try seem to be fully in keeping with everything I've read about the Quattro. At first I thought it might be a bit expensive for what it is (400 here in the UK) but once I investigated it further, it's actually very good value. The Compressor is apparently very quiet indeed and you're not going to buy one that quiet for under 100 so you're talking either 150 for a compressor or the same amount for a Compressor plus a noise gate. Add to that the fact that you get an Overdrive with two stages of gain (another 150 for an equivalent pedal), a tap tempo Delay (another 150) and a Chorus (50 even for a dirt cheap one) and you end up with a saving of 100 before you even factor in a power supply (standard on the Quattro) and a pedalboard (not really needed for a Quattro). Frankly I've never really come across Carl Martin before and very few places seem to stock them yet everything I've found out so far suggests they're a great company and the Quattro is a fantastic pedal. I feel like I've uncovered a bit of a hidden gem and I'm saving furiously to get one. If anyone else knows anything about them I'd love to hear from you.
Mark Tremonti Wah & Carl Martin Quattro
Doadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

I've seen them go for under 300 on ebay

EDIT: As a example, here's one that finished recently for 205
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARL-MART...=item27cf009c25
It's the older model with tremelo instead of chorus, but that was a particularly good price, the ones I've watched in the past went for around the 250 mark.
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H

Last edited by GaryBillington : 01-26-2013 at 05:48 PM.
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: