Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #21
theponz

Passion Pit- Take a Walk. Came on in the car just after I had to put my dog down. Much sadness. Then Taco Bell had to go and ****ing ruin it.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
theponz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #22
Danjo's Guitar
UG's Math/Physics Major

Don't Stop Believing always reminds me of this summer camp I used to go to. And a girl from that camp. Paralyzer also reminds me of the same girl. (I know Don't Stop Believing is super over played and yada yada yada, I still like it. Good memories.)

Relient K's Five score and seven years ago reminds me of 8th grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Danjo's Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #23
flxjhnlrssn
My name is Felix

Get in here: UG Tinychat (pw: UGFTW (if there is any))

You play Minecraft? Check out this thread.

Last edited by flxjhnlrssn : 01-26-2013 at 07:35 PM.
flxjhnlrssn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #24
fatgleeson

Hope Leaves by Opeth. It sounds like a depressing song by the song title but I remember it always just because of how vivid the moment I first heard it is in my brain. It was like a floodgate of the possibilities of how music can make someone feel just opened and washed over me

Comin' Home by Dallas Green (City & Colour) is another, simply because it makes me feel like its 2008 again, and each time I hear it I remember that time and realise no matter how hard I want it, no matter what I do, time keeps on going and it will never be that time of my life ever again. Sounds like a real 'teenage angst' thing to say but I'm dealing with growing up very badly. Same goes for a lot of Alexisonfire's songs too. I don't really care if anyone thinks Alexis is a shit band, they were a huge (HUGE) part of my adolescent life and their recent break-up made me face the reality of getting older before I was ready to accept it.

Yes I know I sound silly.

Its amazing the effect music can have on your life and the memories of a certain time.
I hope something like this happens to me when I am in old age.

WARNING: DONT WATCH IF YOU DONT WANT TO EXPERIENCE SOME SERIOUS FEELS.

Last edited by fatgleeson : 01-26-2013 at 07:44 PM.
fatgleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #25
TSmitty6
In the traphouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Swick
lost my virginity to Santeria by Sublime.

Pretty much this.

Octopus's Garden. No idea what it meant, and still don't, but for some reason always helped me sleep as a kid.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #26
Nick92Slayer
Fully qualified wasteman

Jimi Hendrix's cover of All Along The Watchtower always reminds of summers of the past as its a great upbeat song. Whether it was at a barbeque or driving with friends on a summers evening.

On a more negative note, most Alice In Chains songs remind me of when I was quite depressed, making things hard for myself and then drinking heavily. Would? Angry Chair and Nutshell standing out the most.

Oh and Something In The Way by Nirvana

Yours Sincerely
Nick92Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #27
CrazyAce#7

It's not specific songs but I do find a lot of songs by The Beatles and Dashboard Confessional that can hit me pretty hard and have me thinking about someone. Other than that, Blackbird by Alter Bridge makes me tear up a little on the solo because it's just so beautiful and soulful and then impacts.
CrazyAce#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #28
Lord_Doku
ancient bass

Hallelujah reminds me of this girl...

Damn.
Lord_Doku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #29
Eastwinn
the body electric

let's just forget
everything we said
everything we did
best friends and better halves

so let's just pretend
everything and anything
between you and me
was neveeeeeer meaaaaant
Eastwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #30
AcidParadox

Eriatarka by the Mars Volta. It was the song that made me really open up to them as a band, and expand my musical horizons in turn. They got me into Prog-Rock, and stuff like Led Zepplin, Rush, Frank Zappa. They all inspired me to want to be more than a guitarist, or drummer, I wanted to be a musician.

Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix. It was the first song I ever learned how to play on guitar. Also, it was the song I listened to the first time I got high.

The band Interpol reminds me of that summer when I first started smoking weed. I used to listen to them constantly.

Hole in the Earth and Beauty School by Deftones reminds me of this school year where I was really depressed and my mental health issues became really prominent. I missed school constantly, and whenever I went I would mumble out loud to these voices in my head, kids thought I was weird. I started listening to the Deftones a lot, and those two songs inspired me to paint these pictures and write a short story about them. I showed it to this teacher who was really interested in me, and in the end I won an art contest. My mental health has been going uphill since. Now, it's manageable enough as long as I report to my psychologist on a regular basis.

EDIT: The album Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence got me through a bad breakup with my psycho ex-girlfriend. I've mentioned her in the Relationship thread. That anger gave me the courage to sing the song I wrote to her, giving her my last F*** You before I moved.

Last edited by AcidParadox : 01-26-2013 at 09:51 PM.
AcidParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #31
Trentaru
5 String Bassist

A good friend of mine had introduced me to Ben Harper and trusted me to help her with her music exam, i haven't seen her in a couple years and honestly every time i hear Amen Omen i get on the verge of crying.

Peavey Millenium 5
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Peavey Vortex
Yamaha DX7 Synth
Yamaha APX500II

VIIIIV

Last edited by Trentaru : 01-26-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Trentaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #32
Joshua Garcia
Mr. Clean

I do that as little as possible. No reason, it just doesn't happen.

Though whenever I hear Drones by Rise Against, I remember playing warthog wars in Halo 2 on Blood Gulch because that's what I had playing. Oh gosh that was fun.

Most likely change it from living to dead
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #33
VillainousLatin
That Latino Guy

Have faith in me - ADTR reminds me of one of my best friends, it's his favorite song. Also Pressure by Paramore reminds me of the band I used to play in and my ex, since she was the vocalist for the band.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #34
Dory77
Zzzzzzap!

The Noose by the Offspring. I remember driving round on shitty country roads with my best mate blasting that song. Makes me feel all nostalgic and such, and that I'm a horrible person for not calling my friends from school more.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #35
vict1mized

Music generates feelings that are unbelievable... its good to hear im not the only one who sometimes is on the edge of crying when i hear a certain song :p
vict1mized is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: