Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist

Bad parenting stuff you still see

What's some stuff that you'll still see commonly parents do (whether it's out in public, parents you know personally, your own parents, etc.) that you think is just poor parenting?

- Working in clothing stores and restaurants, I was surprised to see how often parents will let their kids run around the store or restaurant making noise or yelling or basically letting them do whatever the hell they want. They'll only tell them to stop if they're getting really loud. The parents always look like the last thing on their mind is their kid, too, which always annoys me.

- Mature movies. I went to see Django Unchained the other day, and their was a mother there with her 2 boys who were like 7-10 (they also would not shut the f*ck up for the whole movie). That movie was pretty brutal in a couple places and I wouldn't let kids that young see it. Although nowadays parents are more upset with bad language and nudity over violence.

-Might get some shit for this, but parents buying their underage kids (along with their friends) alcohol and drugs is a bad idea.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 (I know, at this point it's sad).
Voted UG's best Male dresser 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtasic15
Ahem, no offense to any of the fags mentioned.
The Madcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
bradulator
through being cool

When I saw Machete in theaters there were some kids in there. Damn mexicans.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
Dreadnought
Nyctophiliac

The worst, and most common, thing that I see parents doing is outright ignoring their children. I don't mean the "ignore them because they're misbehaving in order to not give satisfy their need for attention", I mean ignoring them when they're just there and being a normal part of the group.

Usually I see this at restaurants. It's a little upsetting to see parents not give any attention at all to their adorable children.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
When I saw Machete in theaters there were some kids in there. Damn mexicans.
They're just child actors, brad.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 (I know, at this point it's sad).
Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 11:39 PM   #5
blake1221
‭‭

Giving them iphones at age 12.

No twelve year old needs instagram. Or a phone. They should be experiencing life and passing notes.

Not this bull shit.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:39 PM   #6
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist

^I have a cousin and all of her children have tablets, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
The worst, and most common, thing that I see parents doing is outright ignoring their children. I don't mean the "ignore them because they're misbehaving in order to not give satisfy their need for attention", I mean ignoring them when they're just there and being a normal part of the group.

Usually I see this at restaurants. It's a little upsetting to see parents not give any attention at all to their adorable children.
+1 I've seen that all the time.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #7
Trowzaa

Circumcision.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #8
olix95

"finish your plate"

bullshit, i was over 300 lbs because of that shit
olix95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #9
Bob_Sacamano
dreamy dancer

Quote:

I know, I was/am a victim of this and it's ridiculously infuriating and could probably cause tons of problems.

Sheltering them to believe the world is always a wonderful place, seriously, if you want to protect your children let them know about this stuff, don't hide it.

last.fm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirvanaLuvr16
I didn't know there were black people in the UK, until recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil

Last edited by Bob_Sacamano : 01-27-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Bob_Sacamano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #10
muffinduck01
UG's BBW Lover

+1 to parents ignoring their kids.

I remember a while back, I was at a restaurant waiting outside to get a table. I watch a guy walk in, chatting away on his phone, with his young daughter (couldn't have been older than 5) trailing behind. The guy walks into the restaurant without even holding the door for his little girl. I nearly went up and yelled at the dude.

Aside from that, parents buying their kids games like Call of Duty and Battlefield. Seriously, at least buy your kids good games. >_>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
muffinduck01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #11
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by olix95
"finish your plate"

Do you have unresolved daddy issues?

OT:
Telling their kids not to do something 20 times. For instance, if they tell their kid to stop climbing a tree (say the tree has some thin/unstable branches), they'd better be hauling that kid out of the tree if he ignores them (and then marching him off for some sort of punishment). Telling their kid to climb out of that tree more than once is just bad parenting.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #12
blake1221
‭‭

Quote:
Originally Posted by olix95
"finish your plate"

No, you were over 300 lbs because you didn't exercise and they overfed you. That was always the rule for me, and I haven't broken 140.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #13
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

When they go into it trying to play house, as if children are pets. Then time passes, kids aren't cute and cuddly anymore, and they have no idea what to do. So they try to make them into miniature versions of themselves. Basically, very selfish parents get on my nerves. Especially since a lot of what they do is seen as normal.
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #14
palm mute
Reserved User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Giving them iphones at age 12.

No twelve year old needs instagram. Or a phone. They should be experiencing life and passing notes.

Not this bull shit.

First that came to my mind.

At the age most kids have cell phones now they should have the energy to run to whoever the fuck they want to talk to's house.

every night
palm mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #15
Dreadnought
Nyctophiliac

Quote:
No, you were over 300 lbs because you didn't exercise and they overfed you. That was always the rule for me, and I haven't broken 140.

Yeah well if you had a plate full of water I'm sure you gained less than the kid eating a plate full of McDonalds

Not that anyone puts McDonalds on a plate.

Poor people might. On paper plates.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #16
chookiecookie
UG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madcap
What's some stuff that you'll still see commonly parents do that you think is just poor parenting?

Rape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
Only because cookie hits on literally everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
Most guys are like chookie and will **** anything.
chookiecookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #17
Rocketface2112
Face of rockery

i disagree with the parents buying alchohol thing. drugs yeah thats bad. alcohol is fine if the kid is drinking responsably .....when i was 16 my parents would buy me what ever booze i wanted, on the condition i was drinking at someones house.maybe its just how i was raised.

i hate seeing parents put they kid on a leash when in the mall thats just plain wrong.
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Celestion G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Rocketface2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #18
olix95

Quote:

it may not have been a problem if my parents didnt buy terribly unhealthy foods, fried chicken, soda, mcdonalds, all that garbage.

and that raises another point, fast food. parents just get that like every day for their kids. a 6 year old kid isnt going to turn down burger king most of the time im pretty sure
olix95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #19
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Not that anyone puts McDonalds on a plate.

Poor people might. On paper plates.

it'd be cheaper to just forego the paper plate obv.

on-topic: circumcision.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #20
muffinduck01
UG's BBW Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Do you have unresolved daddy issues?

OT:
Telling their kids not to do something 20 times. For instance, if they tell their kid to stop climbing a tree (say the tree has some thin/unstable branches), they'd better be hauling that kid out of the tree if he ignores them (and then marching him off for some sort of punishment). Telling their kid to climb out of that tree more than once is just bad parenting.

Oh god, this too. I was loading groceries out of my cart and into my car, and this woman who parked a few cars down from me was trying to get her son to sit in his car seat. The whole time I was there (and before, and presumably after I was there too) she kept saying things like (I'm not playing Damien, get in your car seat. I'm going to count to three. One......Two.....Three..... Get in your car seat! etc etc" The whole time she never even raised her voice or anything, she ended up just sounding annoyed. I'm sure if she had just threatened to take away his TV privileges or something, the kid would have complied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
muffinduck01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: