Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
awesomo41894

Alien Salamanders From The Sky Reign in Fury (Original Song, C4C)

This is a song that basically came together from a very small improv over a sitar line, and i built it around that. Its kind of odd, its basically my tribute to vai. Id love to hear what u guys think! (also, i do my idea of a reverse bass drop around the minute point haha id love to know what u guys think of that too)

http://soundcloud.com/awesomo41894/...rs-from-the-sky

As always Ill C4C!

Thanks a lot,

Jake P
awesomo41894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 AM   #2
Reisgar42
Howyehdoin?

Saw the title.

"I gotta hear this shit."

Did not disappoint.

It's not bad, but it doesn't really seem to 'go' anywhere if you know what I mean. Reading your description of it on Soundcloud shows that you intend it to just be an album intro, which I believe this track is perfect for. Very energetic and very nicely put together, but I think you'd have a lot of trouble turning it into something longer (though you evidently don't intend to).
Reisgar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:42 AM   #3
ChucklesMginty
\_(ツ)_/

Steve Vai fan by any chance?

There are some cool ideas and licks, but honestly it's a bit of a mess (but hey, maybe that's what you were going for.) This could partly be the production (maybe pan the guitars around a bit more, they're quite dry sounding too), but if it were me I'd take some stuff out and simplify it a bit. There's nothing to grab onto.

Nice transition around half way, maybe expand on that a bit more. It fills out the space and sounds pretty lush, the rest of the track is quite abrasive in comparison.

Anyway, keep experimenting, recording, refining.

Last edited by ChucklesMginty : 01-30-2013 at 03:48 AM.
ChucklesMginty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
DancesWithSheep
Muchacho Moderno

The last time it "reigned" salamanders from the sky it beat the hell out of my truck!

Very frenetic - almost TOO frenetic. As an album intro it might work.

Drums are a bit buried - guitars are overpowering them.

Needs some tweak in the mix and some simplification, maybe.

Like the ending riff.

Keep working!

I would appreciate a drive by of my schtuff!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1585515

Muchos gracias, me amigo!

DWS

Muchos gracias, muchachos modernos!

Last edited by DancesWithSheep : 01-30-2013 at 12:55 PM.
DancesWithSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
awesomo41894

Thanks for the crit everybody, i agree it sounds a bit of a mess, this was just something i built up from a few pieces. the whole idea came slightly after i started recording and messing with it. I just wanted to make something completely crazy, and SUPER frenetic. Kinda like the title haha.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
KevinFreund
UG Newbie

I have to admit right off the bat I HATE Vai with a white burning passion that eclipses all human life. Now that I have that off my chest here is my crit. I really like the intro you build nicely into the lead guitar. The tone of the sitar and lead work is superb. Like others have pointed out it its a little "messy" But if that's what you were going for then you achieved your goal! Over all I actually dig this. Bet you didn't expect that after my first statement! Anyways; great playing very technical. Keep it up!

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1585633

Thanks Kevin
KevinFreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
awesomo41894

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFreund
I have to admit right off the bat I HATE Vai with a white burning passion that eclipses all human life. Now that I have that off my chest here is my crit. I really like the intro you build nicely into the lead guitar. The tone of the sitar and lead work is superb. Like others have pointed out it its a little "messy" But if that's what you were going for then you achieved your goal! Over all I actually dig this. Bet you didn't expect that after my first statement! Anyways; great playing very technical. Keep it up!

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1585633

Thanks Kevin

Thanks a lot man I C4C'd

Rate This Thread: