Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Rockford_rocks
RobFord_rocks
 
Rockford_rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Lansing, MI
Pregnant Peers and You.

So I'd generally consider my high school to be very conservative, and about one step short of being private and Christian. I think throughout my four years there we had one pregnancy that was widely known about... and I'm sure she got harassed like crazy. I felt bad for her, but it didn't excuse the fact that she was a ditzy girl who had sex with some random dude to get back at her boyfriend and got knocked up.

However, my Facebook news feed has just started to fill up with girls my age getting the news of their pregnancies, ultrasound pics, etc. (I'm two years out of high school). It's just a little unnerving to me when they're all commenting on each other's statuses about how their babies are going to be best friends like they're all getting puppies or something.

My question to The Pit is: What was/is the pregnancy issue like at your high school (or college)? Is it a problem? Is your school similar to mine? Or is it somewhere in between?

And also: Are the mothers actually good? Does the boy stick around generally or does he usually bail like I've seen?

Sorry about the mob of questions, this is just starting to happen to my HS class and I'm legitimately curious.
__________________
Stars Suck
Blues Suck
...Rangers Suck


That is all

Last edited by Rockford_rocks : 01-28-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Rockford_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
the bartender
Biologist
 
the bartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the Netherlands
bitches be crazy.
__________________
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children

You must not do it anymore
the bartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
angusfan16
butts
 
angusfan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kensucky
I went to a ghetto highschool. If there wasnt at least 20 bitches pregnant at once, something was wrong

Edit: and college wasnt much different, except that most girls were in their 20s at least

Last edited by angusfan16 : 01-28-2013 at 12:36 PM.
angusfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
stratman_13
16 ****IN STRENGTH
 
stratman_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 6, 1, 5, Oh, I forget.
lolhighschool.

Let me lay a little wisdom on you that applies to all situations involving women.

"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."
__________________
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
LightxGrenade
Registered User
 
LightxGrenade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Bit of this, bit of that. I have a friend who has a kid and the father has almost no involvement. I have another friend who married the mother of his kid. I think it's underrated how many dads do stay though. I have more friends that are single dads than single moms. I know the majority will always be the other way around but this new era of guys, not ALL of us need to be dragged to the Maury Povich show to prove we're the baby-daddy lol.
And if you're just getting to your "all my FB friends are preggers" phase, wait until you see all the engagement announcements in a few years. Not all will go through and it will be rather dramatic to see someones life come apart through social media since no one has any sense of privacy anymore lol.
LightxGrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Rockford_rocks
RobFord_rocks
 
Rockford_rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Lansing, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightxGrenade
Bit of this, bit of that. I have a friend who has a kid and the father has almost no involvement. I have another friend who married the mother of his kid. I think it's underrated how many dads do stay though. I have more friends that are single dads than single moms. I know the majority will always be the other way around but this new era of guys, not ALL of us need to be dragged to the Maury Povich show to prove we're the baby-daddy lol.
And if you're just getting to your "all my FB friends are preggers" phase, wait until you see all the engagement announcements in a few years. Not all will go through and it will be rather dramatic to see someones life come apart through social media since no one has any sense of privacy anymore lol.


Nice post, thanks. Yeah, can't say I'm entirely looking forward to a nonstop barrage of wedding pictures, psychotic breakdowns, and baby pics. But hey, I'm not friends with many people I don't actually talk to on Facebook so if they're happy I've got no problems.

It is good to hear that things are changing in young men, and they're taking responsibility for what they create. I've had some minor scares with recent girlfriends, and each time I tell myself I have to do what's right for the baby if she doesn't want to abort. I mean, that's my flesh and blood growing in her.
__________________
Stars Suck
Blues Suck
...Rangers Suck


That is all
Rockford_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
stratman_13
16 ****IN STRENGTH
 
stratman_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 6, 1, 5, Oh, I forget.
Okay legitimate post.

I'm from a super tiny county out in Virginia. There weren't that many pregnancies in high school, but because it's a tiny country community that still suffers the whole "football players are god's gift to everything", the men usually got out scot free and the women were always left as the *****s or whatever. And word traveled pretty fast about who was dating who, and in a small county where there's not much to do but gossip, there were quite a few "pregnancies", if you catch my drift.

Gotta love the South.

In college I haven't really noticed it much. But I go to VCU which is a straight urban campus, so it wouldn't really be... easy I guess to notice someone being pregnant because it's extremely rare that you see the same person more than once a week walking down the street.

But like was also already said, wait until you get to the age where your friends or family or Facebook peeps are constantly getting engaged or having children.

It's a little annoying, honestly. I don't get why people need to blast it all over social media. But then again I guess the majority of people live off of attention and social media is the easiest way to get that attention.
__________________
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar
 
fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Westward
They marry right out of high school because they're horny and sex isn't allowed until marriage, then they immediately have five babies because they either believe it's their life purpose or they just never received sex ed. It's a cultural problem rather than a school one. Also I haven't been on Facebook in a while, but isn't it basically lookatmyengagementandbabyphotos.com now?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
bloodtrocuted93
UG's Crack*****
 
bloodtrocuted93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
One girl I was friends with 8th-10th grade had a baby with and got engaged to her boyfriend of... three and a half years or so. They'll take good care of that baby.

Another was a girl I had sex ed with in 9th grade. She once told me in a caring way that if I got pregnant in high school, she would push me down the stairs so I wouldn't ruin my life. She dropped out and got pregnant a couple years later, and is still with the father. She loves being a mother, and that baby is so cute.

Another girl that I was friends with in 8th grade also had a baby this year, with a guy I knew from middle school. She's a really good person who I'm sure is a great mother. Too bad the father is an immature redneck that decided to deny the baby... There's no way she cheated, and she wants him to have no part in the baby's life because of that.

This girl in my class last year got pregnant and dropped the class (maybe dropped out?) halfway through. She wasn't the brightest light, and the father left her for a 14 year old...

And another, I have no idea how well she'll be able to handle raising a child, but she has a good sense of humor, so that's something!

I'm in college now, and I would abort immediately if I got pregnant (but I'm careful). Partially because it would mess up my life, and partially because I have no desire for children, and that's a big job to take on (understatement) if you're not positive it's something you want.

Last edited by bloodtrocuted93 : 01-28-2013 at 01:21 PM.
bloodtrocuted93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #10
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
It's worrying, but then it's very simple to slip abortifacients into their drink.
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
Burgery
i cant remember
 
Burgery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
we have no pregnancy issue
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelshizzle
Honestly this is karmas fault. Karma is supposed to take care of things like this, but instead the system is broken because Obama.
Burgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
Jako215
UG's Fat Frendo
 
Jako215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Levitown PA and you are now singing Elton John
The girls at my highschool popped em out frequently.
__________________
WITH PASSION AND POWER



iSupport the Philadelphia Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, Union, and Sixers.
Dallas Sucks!

Jako215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
metaldud536
Similar to a pony
 
metaldud536's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida, USA
I've worked with 19 year olds who are fathers. No pregnant women.

When I was in high school, a girl got pregnant in 11th grade and she kept the kid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The hamburgler
Metaldud will be it's middle name. You my good sir are officially the godfather of a hansome young donkey.

#2
My Deviant Art Page
Manchester United
metaldud536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
institutions
i ply base
 
institutions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I went to my high school's alternative education program and there were quite a few mothers/pregnant girls.
__________________

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: nba 2k15, dark souls 1, smash 4 (wii u)
institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
Avedas
yoloswag420
 
Avedas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
There were none in my high school. A girl I used to be friends with had a child when she was 16/17 though. Weird.
Avedas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #16
Woffelz
Mmmm...donuts...
 
Woffelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Land of Chocolate
My school is boring.
__________________
Your beliefs are only valid when they correspond with my own.

Twitter
Youtube
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Woffelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #17
BladeSlinger
UG's Master
 
BladeSlinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Okmulgee/Tahlequah, Oklahoma
About 10% of my high school class was pregnant or a parent at graduation. Small town, very Christian community. It hasn't slowed down really. I'm two years out as well. We have a lot of babies and one divorce already.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
brot pls
BladeSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #18
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fail
They marry right out of high school because they're horny and sex isn't allowed until marriage, then they immediately have five babies because they either believe it's their life purpose or they just never received sex ed. It's a cultural problem rather than a school one. Also I haven't been on Facebook in a while, but isn't it basically lookatmyengagementandbabyphotos.com now?

Having 5 kids is a cultural problem?

You know, considering your anti-natal thread, I have no damn idea why anyone would take you opinion on kids/pregnancy.

OT:
I'm in college, so I'm sure there's a few pregnant women here. But mostly, I'd say they're married or at least in a steady relationship.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 01-28-2013 at 02:02 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #19
Burgery
i cant remember
 
Burgery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Having 5 kids is a cultural problem?

You know, considering your anti-natal thread, I have no damn idea why anyone would take you opinion on kids/pregnancy.

having 5 babies straight out of school before you have the means to take care of them all well and give them a good upraising is a cultural problem
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelshizzle
Honestly this is karmas fault. Karma is supposed to take care of things like this, but instead the system is broken because Obama.
Burgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #20
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgery
having 5 babies straight out of school before you have the means to take care of them all well and give them a good upraising is a cultural problem

Ok, that I would agree with. I'm probably going to have 5 kids (or at least, my soon-to-be-fiance and I have said that we're ok with that). However, we're not going to marry until after I graduate and get a job. I'm studying computer science, which is a field that typically allows people to get good jobs (as in, making $50k+ right out of graduation).

Edit:
But yeah, have the fucking means to support a family.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 01-28-2013 at 02:22 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.