Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Rockford_rocks
RobFord_rocks

Pregnant Peers and You.

So I'd generally consider my high school to be very conservative, and about one step short of being private and Christian. I think throughout my four years there we had one pregnancy that was widely known about... and I'm sure she got harassed like crazy. I felt bad for her, but it didn't excuse the fact that she was a ditzy girl who had sex with some random dude to get back at her boyfriend and got knocked up.

However, my Facebook news feed has just started to fill up with girls my age getting the news of their pregnancies, ultrasound pics, etc. (I'm two years out of high school). It's just a little unnerving to me when they're all commenting on each other's statuses about how their babies are going to be best friends like they're all getting puppies or something.

My question to The Pit is: What was/is the pregnancy issue like at your high school (or college)? Is it a problem? Is your school similar to mine? Or is it somewhere in between?

And also: Are the mothers actually good? Does the boy stick around generally or does he usually bail like I've seen?

Sorry about the mob of questions, this is just starting to happen to my HS class and I'm legitimately curious.

That is all

Last edited by Rockford_rocks : 01-28-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Rockford_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
the bartender
Biologist

bitches be crazy.

To sacrifice these children

You must not do it anymore
the bartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
angusfan16
butts

I went to a ghetto highschool. If there wasnt at least 20 bitches pregnant at once, something was wrong

Edit: and college wasnt much different, except that most girls were in their 20s at least

Last edited by angusfan16 : 01-28-2013 at 12:36 PM.
angusfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
stratman_13
16 ****IN STRENGTH

lolhighschool.

Let me lay a little wisdom on you that applies to all situations involving women.

"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
LightxGrenade

Bit of this, bit of that. I have a friend who has a kid and the father has almost no involvement. I have another friend who married the mother of his kid. I think it's underrated how many dads do stay though. I have more friends that are single dads than single moms. I know the majority will always be the other way around but this new era of guys, not ALL of us need to be dragged to the Maury Povich show to prove we're the baby-daddy lol.
And if you're just getting to your "all my FB friends are preggers" phase, wait until you see all the engagement announcements in a few years. Not all will go through and it will be rather dramatic to see someones life come apart through social media since no one has any sense of privacy anymore lol.
LightxGrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Rockford_rocks
RobFord_rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightxGrenade
Bit of this, bit of that. I have a friend who has a kid and the father has almost no involvement. I have another friend who married the mother of his kid. I think it's underrated how many dads do stay though. I have more friends that are single dads than single moms. I know the majority will always be the other way around but this new era of guys, not ALL of us need to be dragged to the Maury Povich show to prove we're the baby-daddy lol.
And if you're just getting to your "all my FB friends are preggers" phase, wait until you see all the engagement announcements in a few years. Not all will go through and it will be rather dramatic to see someones life come apart through social media since no one has any sense of privacy anymore lol.

Nice post, thanks. Yeah, can't say I'm entirely looking forward to a nonstop barrage of wedding pictures, psychotic breakdowns, and baby pics. But hey, I'm not friends with many people I don't actually talk to on Facebook so if they're happy I've got no problems.

It is good to hear that things are changing in young men, and they're taking responsibility for what they create. I've had some minor scares with recent girlfriends, and each time I tell myself I have to do what's right for the baby if she doesn't want to abort. I mean, that's my flesh and blood growing in her.

That is all
Rockford_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
stratman_13
16 ****IN STRENGTH

Okay legitimate post.

I'm from a super tiny county out in Virginia. There weren't that many pregnancies in high school, but because it's a tiny country community that still suffers the whole "football players are god's gift to everything", the men usually got out scot free and the women were always left as the *****s or whatever. And word traveled pretty fast about who was dating who, and in a small county where there's not much to do but gossip, there were quite a few "pregnancies", if you catch my drift.

Gotta love the South.

In college I haven't really noticed it much. But I go to VCU which is a straight urban campus, so it wouldn't really be... easy I guess to notice someone being pregnant because it's extremely rare that you see the same person more than once a week walking down the street.

But like was also already said, wait until you get to the age where your friends or family or Facebook peeps are constantly getting engaged or having children.

It's a little annoying, honestly. I don't get why people need to blast it all over social media. But then again I guess the majority of people live off of attention and social media is the easiest way to get that attention.

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

They marry right out of high school because they're horny and sex isn't allowed until marriage, then they immediately have five babies because they either believe it's their life purpose or they just never received sex ed. It's a cultural problem rather than a school one. Also I haven't been on Facebook in a while, but isn't it basically lookatmyengagementandbabyphotos.com now?
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
bloodtrocuted93
UG's Crack*****

One girl I was friends with 8th-10th grade had a baby with and got engaged to her boyfriend of... three and a half years or so. They'll take good care of that baby.

Another was a girl I had sex ed with in 9th grade. She once told me in a caring way that if I got pregnant in high school, she would push me down the stairs so I wouldn't ruin my life. She dropped out and got pregnant a couple years later, and is still with the father. She loves being a mother, and that baby is so cute.

Another girl that I was friends with in 8th grade also had a baby this year, with a guy I knew from middle school. She's a really good person who I'm sure is a great mother. Too bad the father is an immature redneck that decided to deny the baby... There's no way she cheated, and she wants him to have no part in the baby's life because of that.

This girl in my class last year got pregnant and dropped the class (maybe dropped out?) halfway through. She wasn't the brightest light, and the father left her for a 14 year old...

And another, I have no idea how well she'll be able to handle raising a child, but she has a good sense of humor, so that's something!

I'm in college now, and I would abort immediately if I got pregnant (but I'm careful). Partially because it would mess up my life, and partially because I have no desire for children, and that's a big job to take on (understatement) if you're not positive it's something you want.

Last edited by bloodtrocuted93 : 01-28-2013 at 01:21 PM.
bloodtrocuted93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #10
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

It's worrying, but then it's very simple to slip abortifacients into their drink.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
Burgery
i cant remember

we have no pregnancy issue
Burgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
Jako215
UG's Fat Frendo

The girls at my highschool popped em out frequently.

iSupport the Philadelphia Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, Union, and Sixers.
Dallas Sucks!

Jako215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
metaldud536
Similar to a pony

I've worked with 19 year olds who are fathers. No pregnant women.

When I was in high school, a girl got pregnant in 11th grade and she kept the kid.

My Deviant Art Page
Manchester United
metaldud536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
institutions
i ply base

I went to my high school's alternative education program and there were quite a few mothers/pregnant girls.

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: nba 2k15, dark souls 1, smash 4 (wii u)
institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
Avedas
yoloswag420

There were none in my high school. A girl I used to be friends with had a child when she was 16/17 though. Weird.
Avedas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #16
Woffelz
Mmmm...donuts...

My school is boring.

Twitter
Youtube
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Woffelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #17
BladeSlinger
UG's Master

About 10% of my high school class was pregnant or a parent at graduation. Small town, very Christian community. It hasn't slowed down really. I'm two years out as well. We have a lot of babies and one divorce already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
brot pls
BladeSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #18
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail
They marry right out of high school because they're horny and sex isn't allowed until marriage, then they immediately have five babies because they either believe it's their life purpose or they just never received sex ed. It's a cultural problem rather than a school one. Also I haven't been on Facebook in a while, but isn't it basically lookatmyengagementandbabyphotos.com now?

Having 5 kids is a cultural problem?

You know, considering your anti-natal thread, I have no damn idea why anyone would take you opinion on kids/pregnancy.

OT:
I'm in college, so I'm sure there's a few pregnant women here. But mostly, I'd say they're married or at least in a steady relationship.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 01-28-2013 at 02:02 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #19
Burgery
i cant remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Having 5 kids is a cultural problem?

You know, considering your anti-natal thread, I have no damn idea why anyone would take you opinion on kids/pregnancy.

having 5 babies straight out of school before you have the means to take care of them all well and give them a good upraising is a cultural problem
Burgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #20
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgery
having 5 babies straight out of school before you have the means to take care of them all well and give them a good upraising is a cultural problem

Ok, that I would agree with. I'm probably going to have 5 kids (or at least, my soon-to-be-fiance and I have said that we're ok with that). However, we're not going to marry until after I graduate and get a job. I'm studying computer science, which is a field that typically allows people to get good jobs (as in, making $50k+ right out of graduation).

Edit:
But yeah, have the fucking means to support a family.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 01-28-2013 at 02:22 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: