Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
T00DEEPBLUE
Edits posts like a boss

In my old high school, Pregnancies never happened.

(・ω・`)
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #22
willT08
Banned

Only like 2 pregnancies happened in my school whilst I was there. One dropped out 'cause she was a loser anyway. The other moved in to her own flat, and came back to school not long after the birth because she's a champ.
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #23
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Ok, that I would agree with. I'm probably going to have 5 kids (or at least, my soon-to-be-fiance and I have said that we're ok with that). However, we're not going to marry until after I graduate and get a job. I'm studying computer science, which is a field that typically allows people to get good jobs (as in, making $50k+ right out of graduation).

Explain the appeal of having five kids to me?

Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #24
Geldin

I recently found out that a friend from high school was 5 months pregnant. I hadn't kept in touch with her since high school (a year and some change ago), but that still came as a surprise. Another friend of mine recently got engaged to her high school steady (no kids, as far as I know).

It feels weird to think about that, especially considering that I still have somewhere between four and six more years of school ahead of me.

The album is streaming here
Geldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #25
TEK34
UG Newbie

My friend told me she was pregnant a couple of months ago so I told her I'd punch her in the stomach. Long story short, she's not pregnant now.
ATL FALCONS
ATL HAWKS
TEK34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #26
Weaponized

Had a girl have a baby in 8th grade lol

Highschool was pretty average when it came to teen pregnancy I think.

Two of my friends I used to hang out with all the time (not anymore though) fathered babys right out of highschool, and both of them stayed. One's studying engineering and one's working at a gas station

last.fm
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #27
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26

I know plenty of people with five kids. Not anywhere close to my age though

They seem just as happy as anyone else.

Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #28
_KurtCobain_77
All Praise Lord Emery

Put it this way, my high school had a population of 500ish, and we had a day-care built next door to take care of all the newborns while their mothers were at school.

Like gaming? Like podcasts? http://www.dragonscrewgaming.com/
_KurtCobain_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #29
soundgarden1986
sairento hiru

When I was a senior, there wasn't really any pregnancies in my grade. There were shit loads in the two grades below me though. At least 10
soundgarden1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #30
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE

We had a few pregnancies, lotsa white trash people at my school. At least a couple of the mothers appear to be good mothers though.

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers
Gibson_SG_uzr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #31
Rockford_rocks
Cap'n Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KurtCobain_77
Put it this way, my high school had a population of 500ish, and we had a day-care built next door to take care of all the newborns while their mothers were at school.

THAT is crazy. We had a day-care too, but it was for our child development classes where the students would work with kids. My school was around 2,000, and that was just 10-12. Freshmen had their own seperate building.

We had a couple that got married over spring break Senior year.. during graduation when they called the girl now with her husband's last name up, the entire room went silent (this was at a popular concert venue near downtown Grand Rapids). One of the most awkward high school moments I can recall. Poor guy, she totally dragged him into it by his nutsack. I can understand she wanted to take their relationship to another level after 3 years of dating, but at that point marriage truly would just be a title. They wouldn't have the scratch to live on their own or support a child, so I don't see what they were so excited about. Just my thoughts

Chicago Blackhawks 2013-2014
46-21-15
Rockford_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #32
Avedas
yoloswag420

One of the trashier schools around has a daycare for the mothers. All of the girls who have kids transfer there for the daycare service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford_rocks
THAT is crazy. We had a day-care too, but it was for our child development classes where the students would work with kids. My school was around 2,000, and that was just 10-12. Freshmen had their own seperate building.

We had a couple that got married over spring break Senior year.. during graduation when they called the girl now with her husband's last name up, the entire room went silent (this was at a popular concert venue near downtown Grand Rapids). One of the most awkward high school moments I can recall. Poor guy, she totally dragged him into it by his nutsack. I can understand she wanted to take their relationship to another level after 3 years of dating, but at that point marriage truly would just be a title. They wouldn't have the scratch to live on their own or support a child, so I don't see what they were so excited about. Just my thoughts

I know a girl from my school who got engaged at 17, and married just after she turned 18. Was weird.
Avedas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #33
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26

I'd like a large family. I'd like all of my kids to learn things like how to take care of each other. If the older ones learn a bit how to take care of the younger ones (at their mother's and my direction), then I think that'd be a good thing. It's not like 5 kids is some hard number I'm shooting for. I just like the idea of a large family.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #34
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

Quote:
Having 5 kids is a cultural problem?

At such a young age and for the reasons they have them, yeah, it's a problem. I'm in Utah if you didn't know.

Quote:
You know, considering your anti-natal thread, I have no damn idea why anyone would take you opinion on kids/pregnancy.:

Considering the majority of people didn't put any thought into the discussion, I don't care about them.
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #35
Philip_pepper
UG's Kanye West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford_rocks
So I'd generally consider my high school to be very conservative, and about one step short of being private and Christian. I think throughout my four years there we had one pregnancy that was widely known about... and I'm sure she got harassed like crazy. I felt bad for her, but it didn't excuse the fact that she was a ditzy girl who had sex with some random dude to get back at her boyfriend and got knocked up.

However, my Facebook news feed has just started to fill up with girls my age getting the news of their pregnancies, ultrasound pics, etc. (I'm two years out of high school). It's just a little unnerving to me when they're all commenting on each other's statuses about how their babies are going to be best friends like they're all getting puppies or something.

My question to The Pit is: What was/is the pregnancy issue like at your high school (or college)? Is it a problem? Is your school similar to mine? Or is it somewhere in between?

And also: Are the mothers actually good? Does the boy stick around generally or does he usually bail like I've seen?

Sorry about the mob of questions, this is just starting to happen to my HS class and I'm legitimately curious.

Well, I'm...5 years out of High school. When I was 15-16 there were already two girls who fell pregnant.

Now, I'd say 5-10 of them are pregnant or have babies, maybe more than that. One I know is 22 and is on her second baby. It's her second husband/boyfriend, since the first one bailed on her.

Whether they are good mothers or bad is hard to say. However, I have noticed that my friends in the early 20s seem kinda desperate to get married. Alone in December somewhere between 5-10 already got engaged or married. I think "Damn yo, y'all so young, enjoy your lives a little, do some coke, fight a midget, start a business, why y'all do desperate to die already?"

But that's my opinion.

Keep that in mind. I think there's a bit of a crisis that happens when kids hit their early 20s. They don't know what to do, so they get engaged, pregnant or married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatechris
Love you too Philip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.
Philip_pepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #36
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

I must now fight a midget.

Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #37
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail
At such a young age and for the reasons they have them, yeah, it's a problem. I'm in Utah if you didn't know.

I doubt Utah's really any more backwards than anywhere else. Yeah, maybe the Mormons are weird, but as long as they can support their families, fine. If they can't support their families...then, they're not doing it right.

Quote:
Considering the majority of people didn't put any thought into the discussion, I don't care about them.

Yeah, but you don't even think kids should be brought into this world is my point.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #38
BladeSlinger
UG's Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avedas
I know a girl from my school who got engaged at 17, and married just after she turned 18. Was weird.

I knew this one girl for years, met her in church as a three year old when my family still went. She got pregnant at 16, dropped out of school, then got her parent's consent to get married at 16 or 17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
brot pls
BladeSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #39
Bob_Sacamano
dreamy dancer

One girl in my chemistry class just had a baby a couple weeks ago. I'm still actually unsure of her name somehow come to think of it but she seems really kind and I doubt she'd be a shitty mother. All the other girls who got pregnant I know seem like they would be ****ing awful and I'm pretty sure the fathers ditched.

last.fm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirvanaLuvr16
I didn't know there were black people in the UK, until recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Bob_Sacamano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #40
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

Quote:
I doubt Utah's really any more backwards than anywhere else. Yeah, maybe the Mormons are weird, but as long as they can support their families, fine. If they can't support their families...then, they're not doing it right.

That's the thing though, they jump into it when they're barely adults and all because they have to have as many children as possible in order to "build up the kingdom of God".

And the culture really is backwards here. o_o

Quote:
Yeah, but you don't even think kids should be brought into this world is my point.

That doesn't mean I shouldn't have opinions about parenting. I still support adoption after all.
fail is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: