Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #21
alex747

I know ESP are known for quality and guitars made in Japan are usually top notch but always nice to try to gather some more info as I havent played an ESP(only LTD)
alex747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #22
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex747
I know ESP are known for quality and guitars made in Japan are usually top notch but always nice to try to gather some more info as I haven't played an ESP(only LTD)

I think it's quite hard to explain just how meticulously built ESP guitars are. It's the little things you notice with these guitars, not something you can see from a picture on the internet.

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
eddiehimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #23
Offworld92
One among the fence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself
I think it's quite hard to explain just how meticulously built ESP guitars are. It's the little things you notice with these guitars, not something you can see from a picture on the internet.

+311. You really have to experience it yourself. Same as any other brand too. People who think that ESPs or Gibsons or whatever are way overpriced and you're just paying for a name usually haven't spent a good amount of time with them. Yeah, I do think maybe they're a little too much, and you do pay for a name to a certain degree, but they are absolutely worth more than the budget Asian stuff.

Epiphone Firebird VII
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Peavey Predator USA
Ibanez RG520
Line 6 Pod HD500X
VHT Special 6 Ultra
Pedulz
Offworld92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #24
J_W

There is no way anyone in their right mind would trade that ESP for a Schecter.

I'd be very careful about this. The guy would be screwing himself over big time if he traded straight across.
J_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #25
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

yeah something seems a bit odd about this...

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #26
hminh87
Justin here!

Say that you will travel and you will trade face to face and wait for his answer. If he refuses then you'd better not do any deal.
He lives in Jönköping. IF you lives in the southern part of Sweden then the train ticket should not cost a lot. You might want to do that instead of relying on bussgod.

• ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
  • ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
  • ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
  • ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
  • Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
  • Tanglewood TW170 AS
  • Vox Tonelab ST
  • Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 : 01-29-2013 at 06:48 PM.
hminh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #27
ou8me99

thats a damn nice guitar, but the only flaw would be the single pickup. I wouldnt do it though if you cant try it out first. Save your money and then buy one, and then youll have 2 awsome guitars
ou8me99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #28
alex747

Quote:
Originally Posted by hminh87
Say that you will travel and you will trade face to face and wait for his answer. If he refuses then you'd better not do any deal.
He lives in Jönköping. IF you lives in the southern part of Sweden then the train ticket should not cost a lot. You might want to do that instead of relying on bussgod.

Face to face would be ideal but I live in Umeå so it's like 1000km away
Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 AM   #29
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato

Dude, I go through the place where the guitar was set up all the time, as matter of fact it's right next to my Gymnasium... How urgent is it? I could go in tomorrow and ask 'em if they could say anything about it. BTW anyone check the serials?

EDIT: Also, maybe ask for some more pics? He should be happy to oblige...

Last edited by StrykVladzimsky : 01-30-2013 at 04:49 AM.
StrykVladzimsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #30
alex747

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykVladzimsky
Dude, I go through the place where the guitar was set up all the time, as matter of fact it's right next to my Gymnasium... How urgent is it? I could go in tomorrow and ask 'em if they could say anything about it. BTW anyone check the serials?

EDIT: Also, maybe ask for some more pics? He should be happy to oblige...

Dude that would be really great! I will ask for more pictures when he makes up his mind
Old 01-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #31
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato

No problem, man! You have no idea how amazing an actual ESP is, and if you get it you'll have made the deal of like I dunno, I lifetime?

Old 01-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #32
J_W

You guys encouraging this guy are going to get him ripped off.

If something seems too good to be true, it usually is. DO NOT ship your guitar to this guy. The only way I would be willing to do a trade like this is if the other guy shipped me the guitar first. Unless you have the guitar in your hands, do not ship him anything.

I'd hate to see anyone on here get ripped off. Scams happen all the time on the internet and this one is throwing up some major red flags.
J_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #33
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato

A domestic Japanese ESP in Sweden is pretty peculiar, I'll give you that.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #34
alex747

Quote:
A domestic Japanese ESP in Sweden is pretty peculiar, I'll give you that.

From what I have gathered its for the European market aswell. I appreciate the words of caution I'll certainly consider every angle.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:33 AM   #35
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato

So I went into the shop today, and the guy was familiar with the guitar. He said nothing was out of the ordinary and it was from as far as he could tell a real ESP and that they set it up for standard C which is what the Blocket ad says. He said the real only way to be 100% Certain though is to send the serial to ESP. Makes sense.

EDIT: To quote some guy on sevenstring.org (Mtech) I found a useful nugget of info:
Quote:
Newer ESP's work like this - ESP began the standard series line in the US in 2003 and hence began the "Standard Series" logo. The same year anything that was made in the custom shop had the "Custom Shop" logo, including all ESP signature guitars. The signature line logo then changed in 2006 to "Signature Series". There is a bit of confusion of what now is made in the custom shop and what is made in the signature series line. The easiest way to differentiate is if the serial number begins with "K", "T", "S", "N", they are custom shop. If the serial number begins with "SS", it was made at the signature/standard series line.

Last edited by StrykVladzimsky : 01-31-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #36
alex747

Quote:
So I went into the shop today, and the guy was familiar with the guitar. He said nothing was out of the ordinary and it was from as far as he could tell a real ESP and that they set it up for standard C which is what the Blocket ad says. He said the real only way to be 100% Certain though is to send the serial to ESP. Makes sense.

EDIT: To quote some guy on sevenstring.org (Mtech) I found a useful nugget of info:

That's awful kind of you to go through all that trouble! So from this we should be pretty sure that it's a genuine ESP?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #37
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato

No problemo, man I had to get me some new picks anyway, haha! I'd be pretty sure, has he(the trader) said anything about it yet or are you still waiting? I'd ask for more pictures for sure.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #38
alex747

Quote:
No problemo, man I had to get me some new picks anyway, haha! I'd be pretty sure, has he(the trader) said anything about it yet or are you still waiting? I'd ask for more pictures for sure.

He said he would get back to me by next week so stoked! I'll ask for pictures if he wants to trade.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #39
Silver Hilton
Old enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself

This is spot on. ESP's are fine pieces of work.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Mesa 5:50 Express
Egnator Rebel 30
Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18
Silver Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: