Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
axlrose584

Fry Screaming

Just a quick question. I'm a big fan of fry screaming and I've been watching how-to videos and whatnot. The internet is really my only resource because I don't really know any screamers.

Anyways my question is, in order to sound good screaming do you first need to be a good singer? I am an AWFUL singer, and I don't know how much that goes into screaming.
axlrose584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
Rawshik
Homophobic Racist

What the heck is fry screaming?

And a lot of bands have very little pitch matching when it comes to harsh vocals so singing isn't a necessary thing to have although of course it helps.

Also, there's this guy.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
merriman44

Rawshik,
I have a song on my profile that is an example of fry. If you want to hear it, the track is called Slaughter preproduction. Itsjust a different sound and some prefer it while others do not.

Ontopic, the way to learn is through your own constant experimentation. Singing experience isnt required but will help. Alot of vocalists bleed their true voice tone into the scream and that HAS to be on pitch. Still, i find it easier to stay on pitch while screaming than singing. Keep workin at it!

Last edited by merriman44 : 01-30-2013 at 11:59 AM.
merriman44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: