Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Mobile Apps Feedback
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #1
maztech

editing capability

I'll start of by saying how much I love the android app and web-site. I truly love the ability to transpose with the touch of a button. And the auto scroll is fantastic, no more having to turn pages in the middle of a song. Now for the but, I would like to see the ability to edit songs and save them for my own personal use. I've found several songs that only give the chords for the 1st verse but not for additional versus which makes the auto scroll function useless. So I'd like to have the ability to add the missing chords. Also I occasionally find a song that has a chord that doesn't sound quite right or I may prefer to use a different chord all-together.

I love the ability to not have to carry nothing more than my smart phone to have access to so much music and by adding to my favorites I'm ready to play anywhere anytime.

I'd also like the edit to be capable for me to enter songs that I currently can't find on this site. I've already try submitting a few songs that I had already done myself but they were rejected. So an editing function would give me the ability to add my own songs to my song list so that I can utilize the transposing and auto scrolling.
maztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:16 AM   #2
tconk40554

Here here. I'd also like to throw in notes to myself like "change tempo" or "let ring". Also highlighting capability. My biggest gripe about an awesome app.
tconk40554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:36 PM   #3
baxissimo

+1 But this isn't specific to the mobile app. It would be nice for it to be accessible wherever you access UG logged in, be it web or mobile.

I just made the same suggestion over in the "site suggestions" thread.

I've looked at a number of tab sites and apps, and haven't found any that allows you to do this. To me this is a no brainer. Everyone who is serious about their music ends up taking tabs off a site like this and customizing them to their needs. I keep mine in Google Drive these days so I can share easily with friends. But Google Drive doesn't have a nice tab viewer interface with autoscroll and transpose like UG does. (though, hmm, it might be possible to write one with the Google Drive SDK...)
baxissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
UG Support

Hi guys, thanks for your requests. All of them will be added to our product backlog for future performance.

Best)
UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: