Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Mobile Apps Feedback
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
muddharrys

Android App - no playlists?

Quick question, I have the iPad app and can create and edit playlists. One of the guys I jam with downloaded the app for his Android tablet and I can't figure out how to create playlists, kind of an important feature if you ask me. Is it a limitation or am I missing something.
muddharrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:47 AM   #2
UG Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddharrys
Quick question, I have the iPad app and can create and edit playlists. One of the guys I jam with downloaded the app for his Android tablet and I can't figure out how to create playlists, kind of an important feature if you ask me. Is it a limitation or am I missing something.

Oh, it's easy: select the tab from your Favorites list, long tap the tab you wish to add to playlist > in opened window select "add to playist" > create new playlist

Best!
UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
muddharrys

Really I didn't see that option.... I'll check it again when I get back to the tablet. On the iPad it's easy to find and I use and edit the playlists. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
muddharrys

Ok we can found how to add the playlist, so how do you access the playlist once it's there... iPAD has a link at the top of the favorites page... the Android doesn't.... man I don't think this should be this tough
Old 06-18-2014, 05:24 AM   #5
UG Support

Quote:
Ok we can found how to add the playlist, so how do you access the playlist once it's there... iPAD has a link at the top of the favorites page... the Android doesn't.... man I don't think this should be this tough

Just open Favorites page > Menu (it's a device's button) > Show playlists button.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #6
muddharrys

Alright I'll pass that on... thanks!
Old 06-18-2014, 07:45 PM   #7
muddharrys

So the when pressing the Menu key it pops up a message saying the menu key has been replaced by the recent key..... so basically there is NO menu option on a new Samsung Tab 4.

Basically we have successfully created a playlist but can't access it....

http://blogs.computerworld.com/andr...oid-menu-button

Ok that said, how do we access the MENU? None of the overflow menus in context of any of the apps pages display any app related options.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:14 AM   #8
UG Support

Quote:
So the when pressing the Menu key it pops up a message saying the menu key has been replaced by the recent key..... so basically there is NO menu option on a new Samsung Tab 4.

OK, just make long click on your "switch between windows" or "menu" button and you will receive setting options.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #9
muddharrys

LOL ok got that far now... be great if there was some sort of documentation for it. The IOS version is pretty easy to figure out, but this Android one is a different story.

Thanks for the assistance - much appreciated
Old 06-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #10
muddharrys

alright finally got together with my friend and looked at his tablet.... got everything seemingly going except when it comes to editing the playlist.... how is that done? In context menu get other options but not edit playlist. Thank you.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:41 AM   #11
UG Support

Quote:
alright finally got together with my friend and looked at his tablet.... got everything seemingly going except when it comes to editing the playlist.... how is that done? In context menu get other options but not edit playlist. Thank you.

You can rename your playlist or delete it. Activation: long tap on certain playlist.
Also you can add certain tab to another playlist directly from this playlist, remove this tab from this playlist or fully remove this tab from Favorites list. Activation: long tap on certain tab in certain playlist.

There are not other edit options for playlist content.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #12
muddharrys

So there is no way to re-order the songs in the playlist? Seems like that would be an important function for a playlist... he asked if he could get his money back... you guys did a decent job with the iPAD app bizarre that you only went so far with Android.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #13
UG Support

Quote:
So there is no way to re-order the songs in the playlist? Seems like that would be an important function for a playlist... he asked if he could get his money back... you guys did a decent job with the iPAD app bizarre that you only went so far with Android.

OK, I will add your request in our todolist.

Rate This Thread: