Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Mobile Apps Feedback
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 06-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
muddharrys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Android App - no playlists?

Quick question, I have the iPad app and can create and edit playlists. One of the guys I jam with downloaded the app for his Android tablet and I can't figure out how to create playlists, kind of an important feature if you ask me. Is it a limitation or am I missing something.
muddharrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:47 AM   #2
UG Support
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddharrys
Quick question, I have the iPad app and can create and edit playlists. One of the guys I jam with downloaded the app for his Android tablet and I can't figure out how to create playlists, kind of an important feature if you ask me. Is it a limitation or am I missing something.

Oh, it's easy: select the tab from your Favorites list, long tap the tab you wish to add to playlist > in opened window select "add to playist" > create new playlist

Best!
UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
muddharrys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Really I didn't see that option.... I'll check it again when I get back to the tablet. On the iPad it's easy to find and I use and edit the playlists. Thanks!
muddharrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
muddharrys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Ok we can found how to add the playlist, so how do you access the playlist once it's there... iPAD has a link at the top of the favorites page... the Android doesn't.... man I don't think this should be this tough
muddharrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:24 AM   #5
UG Support
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddharrys
Ok we can found how to add the playlist, so how do you access the playlist once it's there... iPAD has a link at the top of the favorites page... the Android doesn't.... man I don't think this should be this tough

Just open Favorites page > Menu (it's a device's button) > Show playlists button.
UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #6
muddharrys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Alright I'll pass that on... thanks!
muddharrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:45 PM   #7
muddharrys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
So the when pressing the Menu key it pops up a message saying the menu key has been replaced by the recent key..... so basically there is NO menu option on a new Samsung Tab 4.

Basically we have successfully created a playlist but can't access it....

http://blogs.computerworld.com/andr...oid-menu-button

Ok that said, how do we access the MENU? None of the overflow menus in context of any of the apps pages display any app related options.
muddharrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:14 AM   #8
UG Support
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddharrys
So the when pressing the Menu key it pops up a message saying the menu key has been replaced by the recent key..... so basically there is NO menu option on a new Samsung Tab 4.


OK, just make long click on your "switch between windows" or "menu" button and you will receive setting options.
UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #9
muddharrys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
LOL ok got that far now... be great if there was some sort of documentation for it. The IOS version is pretty easy to figure out, but this Android one is a different story.

Thanks for the assistance - much appreciated
muddharrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #10
muddharrys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
alright finally got together with my friend and looked at his tablet.... got everything seemingly going except when it comes to editing the playlist.... how is that done? In context menu get other options but not edit playlist. Thank you.
muddharrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:41 AM   #11
UG Support
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddharrys
alright finally got together with my friend and looked at his tablet.... got everything seemingly going except when it comes to editing the playlist.... how is that done? In context menu get other options but not edit playlist. Thank you.

You can rename your playlist or delete it. Activation: long tap on certain playlist.
Also you can add certain tab to another playlist directly from this playlist, remove this tab from this playlist or fully remove this tab from Favorites list. Activation: long tap on certain tab in certain playlist.

There are not other edit options for playlist content.
UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #12
muddharrys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
So there is no way to re-order the songs in the playlist? Seems like that would be an important function for a playlist... he asked if he could get his money back... you guys did a decent job with the iPAD app bizarre that you only went so far with Android.
muddharrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #13
UG Support
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddharrys
So there is no way to re-order the songs in the playlist? Seems like that would be an important function for a playlist... he asked if he could get his money back... you guys did a decent job with the iPAD app bizarre that you only went so far with Android.

OK, I will add your request in our todolist.
UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.