Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
Menendez13

My political film We are Laibach

Hello everyone , my name is Diego Menendez musician and filmmaker(on the web with s) and i am coming from city of center of
Europe called Ljubljana.I will off course join you also in others debates, ', but now I wanna show you a trailer for a film I made.
I made this film about the ideas of left and right, I show my city in different times from Capitalism, Fascism and Communism,
from different totalitarian times, it also shows the short view of European national, ethnic, racial, and religious conflicts.
You have left wing and right wing people, well I am not any of these, and this film tries to show you that political identification
is always developing on your life experience's conditions. Movie title is "We Are All Ljubljana/Laibach" (the name used by Nazis and Fascists), so in this time of crisis it seems that all totalitarian ideas are coming back very dangerously, check the trailer i hope you like it and maybe we can discuss something about it or something else .

trailer

Last edited by Menendez13 : 01-29-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Menendez13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

I think we have another user from Ljubljana on here. He has that avatar with the guy with the backwards hat.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark

What the hell is up the with music? Is this a horror film? A sci fi film?

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #4
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

That trailer really creeped me the **** out.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
Nelshizzle
Give me all your money

That trailer is all over the place. It's almost comical due to the melodramatics. Tone it down a notch and it could be taken seriously.

Not enough action

Too much action

Not enough thoughts
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsean
That trailer is all over the place. It's almost comical due to the melodramatics. Tone it down a notch and it could be taken seriously.

Also, correct grammar wouldn't hurt.

I know TS isn't a native English speaker, but for example, instead of "This is a film about city", it should be "This is a film about a city". Tone the trailer down and correct any minor grammar mistakes like that, and it'll be taken seriously, I'd say.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
Menendez13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingamer2
What the hell is up the with music? Is this a horror film? A sci fi film?

It is very scary film, it is a horror, but i called it POLITICAL HORROR, i mean what can be more scary than twisted two sided elite political face
Old 01-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
The_Casinator
No Touching!

Location: Maastricht, The Netherlands. (Previously of Eindhoven, Brussels, Groίweil and The Hague)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menendez13
It is very scary film, it is a horror, but i called it POLITICAL HORROR, i mean what can be more scary than twisted two sided elite political face

It's not a primal fear, people won't really connect with that.
The_Casinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #9
Matse
Registrierter Benutzer

Matse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #10
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

TS if I were you I wouldn't bother trying to do it in English.

Your broken English makes it pretty unwatchable for English speakers anyway, so you might as well just stick to Slovenian.

EDIT: on a related note: I quite liked Ljubljana when I went. A quite pretty little city, which is especially nice considering it's the capital. It's nice to see a capital that's not a throbbing metropolis.

I remember noticing a lot of political graffiti when I was there...

...and some shit graffiti too...

Last edited by MadClownDisease : 01-30-2013 at 04:42 PM.
MadClownDisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:33 AM   #11
Menendez13

I see you very confused, everyone, i mean really everyone told, that my English is suprisingly good, so i really don know what do you mean, in the film there is maybe one or two mistakes and that s it. The most importat thing is that trailer is very strong like most people said, i really dont give a shit about your broken Yugoslavian.. I mean English
Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 AM   #12
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark

Quote:
I see you very confused, everyone, i mean really everyone told, that my English is suprisingly good, so i really don know what do you mean, in the film there is maybe one or two mistakes and that s it. The most importat thing is that trailer is very strong like most people said, i really dont give a shit about your broken Yugoslavian.. I mean English

You're on a English language forum with mostly native English speakers. "Surprisingly good" doesn't mean much. It doesn't even tell you the much about your proficiency, just that it's at a surprising level, but not where that level is.

How "strong" your trailer doesn't matter if your audience, which I presume is English speaking, is getting distracted by bad grammar (among other things). You should learn to give a shit because you have to know and care about your audience. If you don't, your audience won't give a crap about you or what you're trying to say. So pull your head out of your ass and fix it.

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 AM   #13
SaintsofNowhere
Mostly landscapes

fuckin' Menendez!

-_‽GOOZE.‽_-
SaintsofNowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:16 AM   #14
piratemetalhead
madjurstic

Are you familiar with the industrial/ metal/ folk band Laibach? Theyre awesome.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:14 AM   #15
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

Quote:

I'm not denying you speak English a lot better than a lot of people, nor that you can speak it better than I can speak any other foreign language, but even just that post really proves my point.

"I see you very confused, everyone, I mean really everyone told, that my English is surprisingly good" really obviously sticks out as quite confusing for an English speaker. I think I understand what you mean (apart from the "I see you very confused", I don't know if that means you're confused or you think we are), but it would really not work for an entire film, let alone that trailer.

On on a slightly related note, I don't understand why there are subtitles on those clips of people giving speeches, especially as it's too fast to read and they don't finish any of their sentences anyway. If you're trying to show clips of big political speeches to set the mood, get rid of the subtitles, they're useless.

And for that matter, a lot of the subtitles on other parts are printed over each other or on background where they're unreadable, even when they're slow enough to actually read.

Sorry to sound so negative, but you should know how this film appears to other people.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #16
kornfire15

A big thing trailers are supposed to do is make you want to see the movie. I can't say I would even want to see the trailer again, let alone spend the time to see the movie. I feel like the cutting and editing of the trailer as a whole was all over the place. Most of the time a clip would only be up for a second or two before it changed and I felt like I couldn't follow it at all.Also, why the creepy, dramatic music? I understand that you want to make it seem seem scary and everything, but it's not really that kind of movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer Goat
I have never given a golf stack

Congratulations sir.
kornfire15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:51 PM   #17
WantsLesPaul
Nod to my Nod

My face throughout the whole trailer

Last edited by WantsLesPaul : 01-31-2013 at 04:53 PM.
WantsLesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #18
Menendez13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadClownDisease
I'm not denying you speak English a lot better than a lot of people, nor that you can speak it better than I can speak any other foreign language, but even just that post really proves my point.

"I see you very confused, everyone, I mean really everyone told, that my English is surprisingly good" really obviously sticks out as quite confusing for an English speaker. I think I understand what you mean (apart from the "I see you very confused", I don't know if that means you're confused or you think we are), but it would really not work for an entire film, let alone that trailer.

On on a slightly related note, I don't understand why there are subtitles on those clips of people giving speeches, especially as it's too fast to read and they don't finish any of their sentences anyway. If you're trying to show clips of big political speeches to set the mood, get rid of the subtitles, they're useless.

And for that matter, a lot of the subtitles on other parts are printed over each other or on background where they're unreadable, even when they're slow enough to actually read.

Sorry to sound so negative, but you should know how this film appears to other people.

Well i am grateful for this about my titles, i was thinking that, they are kind of fast to read, but every viewer can press stop button and read the subtitle, well i really dont wanna start too much about the subtitles fact, ok they are probably very fast and maybe i should remove them, but in the other hand, people outside of Slovenia or ex Yugoslavia got to see what is actually happenin in our country, so you really cant show them without subtitles, i mean you can.. But much harder. About the trailer, i got very large interest somwhere, and people who didn like it, that is normal offcourse.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:01 PM   #19
Menendez13

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratemetalhead
Are you familiar with the industrial/ metal/ folk band Laibach? Theyre awesome.

Well, Laibach live in the same city like me, i actually contact them for this project, cause i
filmed their scenograpy and some scenes conected with them, this film is more about city Ljubljana but also about the band Laibach, let say 20%.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #20
Saint78
julian wells

menendez
menendez
menendez
menendezmenendez
menendez
menendez
menendezmenendezmenendezmenendezmenendezmenendez
menendez