Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Why are fat people fat?
because they're lazy 58 47.93%
medical condition/emotionally damaged 10 8.26%
CAKE!!!!! 53 43.80%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #101
CALL_OF_TABLE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick.MPEG

it's not the same with every fat person

there was no need for this thread at all
CALL_OF_TABLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #102
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Evil11
12 million Americans have eaten so much that they get thyroid disease.

I actually have no idea how you can get it.

it's not like you "catch" it.

I had thyroid cancer so I ended up having having two partial thyroidectomies in order to remove my thyroid (figured out it was cancer after the first, was supposed to be one go but their shitty test is shit). I'm on a thyroid pill for the rest of my life, and seven months after my initial surgery my thyroid levels are much lower than they should be (they are still trying to get everything stabilized and get me on the right pill). I perpetually have no energy, gained weight, I have like super impaired memory (weed & low thyroid levels so it's like double lul). It just plain sucks. I'd imagine most people have the issue for much longer than I'm having it as well.

Now plenty of people are fat just because of bad lifestyle. Plenty of people are skinny with just as bad of a lifestyle. Some people have medical issues contributing or causing their obesity and it probably isn't even diagnosed in a bunch of cases. You'd be surprised just how many people have thyroid issues and how much of an impact it can have on ppl. We can't shame dudes for taking advantage of drunk women but we can shame ppl with legitimate medical issues that can sometimes lead to major surgery. Okay.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #103
Neo Evil11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
it's not like you "catch" it.

I had thyroid cancer so I ended up having having two partial thyroidectomies in order to remove my thyroid (figured out it was cancer after the first, was supposed to be one go but their shitty test is shit). I'm on a thyroid pill for the rest of my life, and seven months after my initial surgery my thyroid levels are much lower than they should be (they are still trying to get everything stabilized and get me on the right pill). I perpetually have no energy, gained weight, I have like super impaired memory (weed & low thyroid levels so it's like double lul). It just plain sucks. I'd imagine most people have the issue for much longer than I'm having it as well.

Now plenty of people are fat just because of bad lifestyle. Plenty of people are skinny with just as bad of a lifestyle. Some people have medical issues contributing or causing their obesity and it probably isn't even diagnosed in a bunch of cases. You'd be surprised just how many people have thyroid issues and how much of an impact it can have on ppl. We can't shame dudes for taking advantage of drunk women but we can shame ppl with legitimate medical issues that can sometimes lead to major surgery. Okay.

Sorry to hear that. But 12 million does sound like a bit too much though. that is what, 1/30 of the usa population? I really hate those guesses of the numbers, they are usually outrageous.

Edit. the elderly apparently have a lot of thyroid problems. Ofcourse that the number is so high.

Last edited by Neo Evil11 : 01-30-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Neo Evil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #104
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Evil11
Sorry to hear that. But 12 million does sound like a bit too much though. that is what, 1/30 of the usa population? I really hate those guesses of the numbers, they are usually outrageous.

I wouldn't doubt the number. Once I started throwing around the c-word (because I've earned it) heard quite a bit about people who had or know somebody who had thyroid shit and had to have surgery. Anecdotal but I gave you a proper number/source too so you can shove it up your ass you fag
Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #105
Neo Evil11
Banned

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt the number. Once I started throwing around the c-word (because I've earned it) heard quite a bit about people who had or know somebody who had thyroid shit and had to have surgery. Anecdotal but I gave you a proper number/source too so you can shove it up your ass you fag

See my edit. The 12m is correct, but it is mostly in certain age groups (above 50). So yeah, the elderly are cracking up that number. Whereas young people are barely effected. I want to post my article too but i am on my phone. Just google thyroid problems and age. :0
Neo Evil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #106
ShameofaNation
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphikh
Obesity is too heavy of a situation to make light of.

Comedy gold here, folks!

achachachaaa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
ShameofaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #107
Crazyedd123
UG's Primus fanboy

You forgot to point out that some people are genetically predispositioned to be overweight.

I mean sure, it's possible to keep in figure with exercise, but people with a genetic predisposition towards storing fat will have a harder time keeping their weight down than most people.
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Crazyedd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #108
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled

Quote:
http://www.health.harvard.edu/speci...Thyroid_Disease

12 million Americans have thyroid disease bruh.

Yes, and the number of Americans who live unhealthy and stationary lifestyles are far greater in number and a more significant contributor to obesity, I'd wager.

JackWhiteIsButts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #109
PacificOcean
Motivational poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
Yes, and the number of Americans who live unhealthy and stationary lifestyles are far greater in number and a more significant contributor to obesity, I'd wager.

^^^^

But hey, the genes d00d.
PACIFIC_OCEAN
PACIFIC OCEA_N
_PACIFIC OCEAN
PacificOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #110
Cb4rabid
Scheiße

Wink

With genes like mine, I ain't got no worries of becoming a fatty patty.

show

my dad is fat

You don't understand this? How about now? Why don't you understand? This is so easy 4y(20x) graph it fggt

#teamLAD
Cb4rabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #111
PacificOcean
Motivational poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cb4rabid
With genes like mine, I ain't got no worries of becoming a fatty patty.

show

my dad is fat

When the holiday period started, I was circa 67 kg, i spent the 2 whole months eating and playing ps3, i went to the medic yesterday and i was ~64 kg lol.

Genes are amazing when you come from a non-obese family.
PACIFIC_OCEAN
PACIFIC OCEA_N
_PACIFIC OCEAN

Last edited by PacificOcean : 01-30-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #112
treborillusion
UG Fanatic

The future...
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
treborillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #113
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

they need to put their forks down and stop finding excuses

/thread

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #114
PacificOcean
Motivational poster.

I still can't believe that obese people is labeled and treated as "handicapped"
I mean, they look f*cking ridiculous driving their electric carts everywhere like they couldn't stand up and walk, to at least burn some calories as they walk .
PACIFIC_OCEAN
PACIFIC OCEA_N
_PACIFIC OCEAN
Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #115
StopReadingThis
Mr. Waaayyyyne

I say fat people should be able to be fat in peace. Then I'll feel much more fit in comparison

But I will always find a way to survive
StopReadingThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #116
stratman7

I voted lazy. If calories in > calories used, then weight will be gained. And the reverse is also true. For a few years after high school I was consistently 20-30 pounds overweight. Lots of beer and fast food, hardly any exercise. Then I figured out the trick to actively losing weight is to both work out well (lots of cardio for weight loss) and be hungry almost all the time. Mainly the diet is what does it, honestly. It sucks and some people can't handle it, they don't have the willpower. I got myself down to where I wanted my weight to be and just kept working out but went back to eating when I was hungry. Now I stay in decent shape and around the same weight all the time.
stratman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #117
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman7
I voted lazy. If calories in > calories used, then weight will be gained. And the reverse is also true. For a few years after high school I was consistently 20-30 pounds overweight. Lots of beer and fast food, hardly any exercise. Then I figured out the trick to actively losing weight is to both work out well (lots of cardio for weight loss) and be hungry almost all the time. Mainly the diet is what does it, honestly. It sucks and some people can't handle it, they don't have the willpower. I got myself down to where I wanted my weight to be and just kept working out but went back to eating when I was hungry. Now I stay in decent shape and around the same weight all the time.

Yeah, exercise is a really poor way to try to lose wait. It's all about diet.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #118
Crazymike100
I am the Catman

Location: In a little town that no one's heard of in North Florida.
Old Anatomy Professor used to say: "IF I COULD CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT HUMAN BODY, I WOULD CHANGE THE KIDNEY TO DUMP EXCESS GLUCOSE LIKE DOES WITH ELECTROLYTES AND MINERALS. WOULD BE MOST WONDERFUL CHANGE, BECAUSE AM FAT, BUT AM ALSO LAZY."

America is fat. Would be less fat, if ran around in woods. Culture has changed to remove self-accountability. I say: If you are fat, and do not like, then change. Am not fat. Will not be fat, because healthy. Many long runs in woods carrying 60kilo packs, and combat drills facilitate a healthy body. Most America does not have healthy body. Must change, otherwise coronary disease risk goes up in relation to how many burger is eat.

Kadosh!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #119
stratman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Yeah, exercise is a really poor way to try to lose wait. It's all about diet.

Mostly. But a diet alone won't get you into good shape, it'll just drop pounds. I wanted to get in shape, too.
stratman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:44 AM   #120
Gyroscope
UG Senior Member

People get fat partly because the bodies we evolved with are not well suited for our modern lifestyle.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Gyroscope is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: