Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
meard

PRS Tremonti or Orianthi

Hello,

here is a question for you guys regarding PRS guitars, ...

I play alot of rock, and really anything from Zeplin to Greenday and lots in between, if i was to purchase a PRS which would you guys recommend :
PRS SE Orianthi
or
PRS SE Tremonti

I am having trouble making a decision, ..
ive read reviews, listened to numerous youtube clips, unfortunately i havent the advantage of playing either first.

Thanks
meard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

Or a normal SE cu24?

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
meard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 1.0
Or a normal SE cu24?

lol your the second person to say that to me, ...

the only reason for the choice of these two is because they are both available for ridiculously good price to me at the moment.

Thanks for the reply tho
Old 01-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

Oh its you....... Buy the Orianthi.

1977 Burny FLG70
Old 01-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

There's something to be said for korina...

But I have to echo Tom 1.0 a bit: what is it about those guitars that attracts you to them over non-sig PRS models?

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
meard

Quote:
Oh its you....... Buy the Orianthi.

Hi again
thanks for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
There's something to be said for korina...

But I have to echo Tom 1.0 a bit: what is it about those guitars that attracts you to them over non-sig PRS models?

the main reason is that they have both just become available for a price that would be stupid to miss.
at first the Orianthi was the only option, but then out of know where the Tremonti became available for similar price range, and as i cannot purchase both i was in two minds about it.
I will say that after listening to probably far too many youtube clips to help my decision i was starting to sway towards the Tremonti, but my head is going to crack open if i have to put anymore thought into it lmao.

Last edited by meard : 01-30-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

The orianthi is the best deal,

1977 Burny FLG70
Old 01-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
Akherousia

Kind of depends on what you're into, doesn't it?
I personally prefer the Tremonti for the aesthetics, and the stoptail - which I like more than the trems PRS put on their guitars.

That being said, the Orianthi seems to be higher quality all around. Korina with a flame maple top vs mahogany, and ebony vs rosewood fretboard. Also two extra frets, but I always thought it was pretty silly when people would actually make such a big deal out of that so forgive me for not seeing it as a big deal.

What do you currently use? How do they compare? To my understanding, they both have different neck dimensions so between that and the different bridges you might want to put a little more thought into it than 'which one is better quality' since the feel of the instrument is clearly going to enter into the equation here.
Akherousia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
meard

Quote:
The orianthi is the best deal,

This was my gut feeling, .. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akherousia
Kind of depends on what you're into, doesn't it?
I personally prefer the Tremonti for the aesthetics, and the stoptail - which I like more than the trems PRS put on their guitars.

That being said, the Orianthi seems to be higher quality all around. Korina with a flame maple top vs mahogany, and ebony vs rosewood fretboard. Also two extra frets, but I always thought it was pretty silly when people would actually make such a big deal out of that so forgive me for not seeing it as a big deal.

What do you currently use? How do they compare? To my understanding, they both have different neck dimensions so between that and the different bridges you might want to put a little more thought into it than 'which one is better quality' since the feel of the instrument is clearly going to enter into the equation here.

lol, my wife said some similar things, she also preferred the appearance of the Tremonti.
Its such a damn shame i can hold both guitars and try them out as this has always been an easy conclusion in the past when comparing two guitars.

at the moment, apart from a bunch of cheaper guitars i play my Jackson and ESP the most, although i tend to find im not that bothered about neck dimensions but am quite addicted to the different tones that fire out of different guitars,
sometimes i like to play something with an evil raw tone, other times i like to play some lighter floydy tones and then there are the days in between that i like to pick up my acoustic.

by the looks of some opinions and reading a few other reviews, it is looking like the Orianthi is the best quality and will probably best suit me.

Thanks for all your help, opinions it is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #10
Akherousia

^If neck dimensions don't matter, and you're more about versatility - then I would suggest the Orianthi. Granted, I'm just speaking from a hypothetical standpoint because I haven't played one before, but the woods used sound like it would give it a very even tone which would lend itself a bit better to experimentation and versatility than the combination found with the Tremonti.

But again, I've never really played a PRS so that's still just an assumption on my part.
Akherousia is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: