Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 05:37 AM   #41
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
 
SlackerBabbath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burnley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Y
Gee, because all of the things before 1945 are probably irrelevant to the situation.

Just saying ''Arabs started it'' in a point in time as arbitrary as 1947 in a history that goes way beyond 1945 does not make any sense.

This.

The conflict between Arabs and Isralies goes back much further than 1947. The Jews claim that the land of Israel was promised by God only to the descendants of Abraham's younger son Isaac, while the Arabs argue that it was promised to all descendants of Abraham, including his elder son Ishmael, from whom Arabs claim descent.
__________________
“Our life is what our thoughts make it.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:46 AM   #42
CoreysMonster
Banned
 
CoreysMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
This.

The conflict between Arabs and Isralies goes back much further than 1947. The Jews claim that the land of Israel was promised by God only to the descendants of Abraham's younger son Isaac, while the Arabs argue that it was promised to all descendants of Abraham, including his elder son Ishmael, from whom Arabs claim descent.

Wait.

So this whoooole thing, this whoooooole fucking thing is essentially a "Dad said I could have this." - "Nuh uh, Dad said only I could have this." argument?
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:51 AM   #43
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
 
JohnnyGenzale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
Wait.

So this whoooole thing, this whoooooole fucking thing is essentially a "Dad said I could have this." - "Nuh uh, Dad said only I could have this." argument?


yeah, but both dads are made up.
__________________
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
JohnnyGenzale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:53 AM   #44
Burgery
i cant remember
 
Burgery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelshizzle
Honestly this is karmas fault. Karma is supposed to take care of things like this, but instead the system is broken because Obama.
Burgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:05 AM   #45
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
 
SlackerBabbath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burnley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
Wait.

So this whoooole thing, this whoooooole fucking thing is essentially a "Dad said I could have this." - "Nuh uh, Dad said only I could have this." argument?

Pretty much.
__________________
“Our life is what our thoughts make it.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:12 AM   #46
Mister.Y
something something
 
Mister.Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: mystery land of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
Wait.

So this whoooole thing, this whoooooole fucking thing is essentially a "Dad said I could have this." - "Nuh uh, Dad said only I could have this." argument?


That's one way of looking at it. At the moment I'd say it's also a lot of ''Your dad killed my dad.'' ''No your dad killed my dad.'' With actual dads. I think a big part of it isn't really religiously based anymore.
__________________
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Mister.Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #47
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
 
SlackerBabbath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burnley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Y
That's one way of looking at it. At the moment I'd say it's also a lot of ''Your dad killed my dad.'' ''No your dad killed my dad.'' With actual dads. I think a big part of it isn't really religiously based anymore.

Also true, it's become as much of a cultural conflict as a religious one.
__________________
“Our life is what our thoughts make it.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:17 AM   #48
gabcd86
isn't French.
 
gabcd86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Camden, UK
Probably better than Syria losing control of those weapons or being allowed to use them. I thought bombing chemical weapons depots was a bad idea?
__________________
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.

"En una revolucion, se triunfa o se muere, si es verdadera." ~Ernesto "Che" Guevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeb rocks
I guess that does technically make you the Che to my Fidel if it makes you feel better


UG Amplified
gabcd86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #49
the bartender
Biologist
 
the bartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabcd86
Probably better than Syria losing control of those weapons or being allowed to use them. I thought bombing chemical weapons depots was a bad idea?
Not if it's only the enemy's women who will be giving birth to two-headed babies.
__________________
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children

You must not do it anymore
the bartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #50
snipelfritz
UG's Beautiful Butterfly
 
snipelfritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee
The only thing more volatile than this situation is this thread...
__________________
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
snipelfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:25 AM   #51
Alucard817
Registered User
 
Alucard817's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMABBALLPLAYER
I think we should just pull out of the middle east right now. It's such a lost cause.

I agree. Seems like everyone in the middle east are school children fighting over toys in a sand box.

I say. Pull out, and let the children fight.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Alucard817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #52
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard817
I agree. Seems like everyone in the middle east are school children fighting over toys in a sand box.

I say. Pull out, and let the children fight.

Yeah, it's not like last time we let them fight there was a genocide or anything.

Fucking listen to yourselves you idiots.
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 AM   #53
Alucard817
Registered User
 
Alucard817's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Yeah, it's not like last time we let them fight there was a genocide or anything.

Fucking listen to yourselves you idiots.


Wow...just...wow. You call me an idiot, yet you sound like you're having a tantrum.
Yeah and who cleaned up the mess? WE DID.

Do you realize that if there is a war with Israel the US will possibly get dragged into it?
Do you also realize that the US has tried for years to stabilize the region?

Many of us are sick of it. If they wanna kill each other then let them.
Better yet maybe another country can baby sit over there for a bit and let us take a nap.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.

Last edited by Alucard817 : 01-31-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Alucard817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #54
TheTee56
UG'S Banana Saviour
 
TheTee56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Banana-rama
__________________
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.


TheTee56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #55
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard817
Wow...just...wow. You call me an idiot, yet you sound like you're having a tantrum.
Yeah and who cleaned up the mess? WE DID.
A nation state was wiped off the map, a genocide happened and land was poisoned with chemical weapons. We didn't do nearly enough, I don't care what we did afterwards. None of that should have happened.

Quote:
Do you realize that if there is a war with Israel the US will possibly get dragged into it?
Do you also realize that the US has tried for years to stabilize the region?
No, I haven't watched the news since 1945.

Quote:
Many of us are sick of it. If they wanna kill each other then let them.
I now don't care about anything you ever say again.
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #56
Diamond Dave
1984
 
Diamond Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia
^I get your point, but the US aren't the ****ing world police and which side do you pick when both are a bunch of ****ing ******s who are as bad as each other?
__________________
$100AUD Super Strat Build

Kasabian - Fire fan video/uni work. Watch it!

Jackson Dinky with TB-11 + SH-1 Pickups & Gotoh Floyd Rose
Washburn D10S
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
Fulltone OCD
MXR 6 Band EQ
Laney VC15
Hayden 2x12
Diamond Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #57
the bartender
Biologist
 
the bartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
^I get your point, but the US aren't the ****ing world police and which side do you pick when both are a bunch of ****ing ******s who are as bad as each other?
The people's side. This isn't about the US or any other country acting like a police officer, this is about innocent people who need help from those who can spare it.
__________________
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children

You must not do it anymore
the bartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #58
Alucard817
Registered User
 
Alucard817's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
A nation state was wiped off the map, a genocide happened and land was poisoned with chemical weapons. We didn't do nearly enough, I don't care what we did afterwards. None of that should have happened.

You're right it should never have happened, but it did. I could be wrong but I don't remember anyone else trying to stop it either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
I now don't care about anything you ever say again.

Many of the Governments over there act like they don't want peace. I think it's time to just let them go. As IMABBALLPLAYER said. They're a lost cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
^I get your point, but the US aren't the ****ing world police and which side do you pick when both are a bunch of ****ing ******s who are as bad as each other?

I really wish that were the case. The U.S. may not be the world police, but it certainly seems like were it's baby sitter sometimes.
We have more troops and bases over there than most of Western Europe combined.

Funny enough though if we decide to get involved were busy bodies and sticking our noses in other peoples business. If we do nothing then were cold heartless bastards who should have stepped in.

In other words, were condemned for our actions, and condemned for our inaction. Regardless what we decide you are still going to blame us.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Alucard817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #59
the bartender
Biologist
 
the bartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard817
If we do nothing then were cold heartless bastards who should have stepped in.
I call bullshit. Nobody would have blamed you if you wouldn't have invaded Afghanistan. Nobody would have blamed you if you wouldn't have invaded Iraq.

Nobody is asking the US to act as a police officer, we've got the UN for that.
__________________
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children

You must not do it anymore

Last edited by the bartender : 01-31-2013 at 10:32 AM.
the bartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #60
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
 
JohnnyGenzale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard817
Many of us are sick of it. If they wanna kill each other then let them.
Better yet maybe another country can baby sit over there for a bit and let us take a nap.


Dabbling in foreign affairs for 200+ years and being partly to blame for the situation at hand in the current region ->
Is now tired of the situation and does not want to continue caring about people killing each other.
__________________
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash

Last edited by JohnnyGenzale : 01-31-2013 at 10:38 AM.
JohnnyGenzale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.