Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #81
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter
 
Dreadnought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Good for Israel. Syria is a pile of shit right now
__________________
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Dreadnought is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #82
ali.guitarkid7
a real man
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: punk ass white boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
So much stupid in this thread.

yup, but it's like a car crash. I don't want to be in it but I can't stop looking.


Prime example being Sam's "the arabs always start it" when we're in a thread about Israel attacking another country without being attacked first.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
you are tumblr feminism personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
poo-tee-tweet, motherfucker
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #83
Jostry
UG Member
 
Jostry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
If there's one thing Israel is good for, it's not taking land they shouldn't have.


What do you mean shouldn't have? They've been there for decades, what justifies what they should or shouldn't have? Most of the people who were alive when Israel was created is dead. All this conflict is religious.

It's like saying the US shouldn't exist because they took the land from the Natives. If you wanna play that way, then most of Europe should belong to Italy because of Ancient Rome.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Jostry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #84
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Edit:
I've never heard of a Jewish Rabbi* who says that everyone who isn't Jewish is their enemy. I have heard of many Muslims Imams who say that if one isn't Muslim, then they must be converted or die.

*I'm sure that there are a few Jews who say all non-Jews are the enemy, but they're not within the teachings of the Torah if they say that.

We're talking about the land though. I'm sure you've heard plenty of Rabbi's say that the land of Israel belongs to the Jews because it was given to them by God. That'd be perfectly in line with the Torah. And is the reason for a lot of hostility from Jews towards Arabs who want to peacefully live together.

I don't really care which side has more mental people on it because they're all planks
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #85
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostry
All this conflict is religious.


You aren't allowed to comment on this anymore because you're clearly developmentally disabled.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #86
ali.guitarkid7
a real man
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: punk ass white boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostry
What do you mean shouldn't have? They've been there for decades, what justifies what they should or shouldn't have? Most of the people who were alive when Israel was created is dead. All this conflict is religious.

It's like saying the US shouldn't exist because they took the land from the Natives. If you wanna play that way, then most of Europe should belong to Italy because of Ancient Rome.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21274061

These illegal settlements stuff? Yah, the ones that are illegal under international law? There's only a few thousand of them planned right now.



But lol yah you're right, all of this is just religion
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
you are tumblr feminism personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
poo-tee-tweet, motherfucker
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #87
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
We're talking about the land though. I'm sure you've heard plenty of Rabbi's say that the land of Israel belongs to the Jews because it was given to them by God. That'd be perfectly in line with the Torah. And is the reason for a lot of hostility from Jews towards Arabs who want to peacefully live together.

To be fair, the Jews historically have not had any issue with Muslims living in Israel. In fact, by Torah, you're supposed to treat the stranger (read: foreigner, non-Jew) in your land well. Most Rabbis, if they wanted to be strictly followers of Torah in this matter, would have no issue with peaceful Muslims living in Israel. And to be fair, most of them don't have any issue with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21274061

These illegal settlements stuff? Yah, the ones that are illegal under international law? There's only a few thousand of them planned right now.

International law means "fuck all".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
You aren't allowed to comment on this anymore because you're clearly developmentally disabled.

Other than insulting people and stating that you clearly know more than the rest of us, what gives you the right to determine that? Did you end up with super-secret powers from the mods that allow you to tell people they can't post on a subject? No? Ok, then.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 01-31-2013 at 08:42 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #88
Jostry
UG Member
 
Jostry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
You aren't allowed to comment on this anymore because you're clearly developmentally disabled.


It's all religious.

"God gave us this land for our people!"

"No! God gave us this land for OUR people!"

Religious at the core, masked by international treaties and laws. And all you've posted so far is saying everything is stupid in this thread. Nice job making it less stupid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.

Last edited by Jostry : 01-31-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Jostry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #89
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
To be fair, the Jews historically have not had any issue with Muslims living in Israel. In fact, by Torah, you're supposed to treat the stranger (read: foreigner, non-Jew) in your land well. Most Rabbis, if they wanted to be strictly followers of Torah in this matter, would have no issue with peaceful Muslims living in Israel. And to be fair, most of them don't have any issue with that.


The Qur'an says "God does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes from dealing kindly and justly with them." So most Imams and Muslims would have no issue with living with peaceful Jews in Israel
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #90
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostry
It's all religious.

"God gave us this land for our people!"

"No! God gave us this land for OUR people!"

Religious. And all you've posted so far is saying everything is stupid in this thread. Nice job making it less stupid.


Then why did Jews and Muslims live there together for so long?

You honestly think there wouldn't be fighting currently if neither were religious?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #91
ali.guitarkid7
a real man
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: punk ass white boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
International law means "fuck all".

What does this mean, though?

Quote:
The report says settlements displace Palestinians, destroy their crops and property, and subject them to violence.



I'm certain that homelessness, poverty, famine, beatings and indefinite detention of civilians who speak out against the aforementioned means "fuck all" to Israel but I didn't think you'd agree.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
you are tumblr feminism personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
poo-tee-tweet, motherfucker
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #92
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Other than insulting people and stating that you clearly know more than the rest of us, what gives you the right to determine that? Did you end up with super-secret powers from the mods that allow you to tell people they can't post on a subject? No? Ok, then.


Ironic being that I'm imitating how you were posting for the majority of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
What does this mean, though?


It means he doesn't have an argument against it, so he dismissed it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #93
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
The Qur'an says "God does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes from dealing kindly and justly with them." So most Imams and Muslims would have no issue with living with peaceful Jews in Israel

Except that the teachings of the Imams teaches that you should kill the Infidel. Granted, by "Infidel" the Qur'an never means "non-Muslims", but that's how the common interpretation of many Imams spells it out.

For instance, take this anecdote I found on google.
quote


Now, you're right that the Qur'an does NOT teach that. But many Muslim Imams do teach that. There's a gross misinterpretation among Muslims as to that area.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 01-31-2013 at 08:51 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #94
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Except that the teachings of the Imams teaches that you should kill the Infidel. Granted, by "Infidel", the Qur'an never means "non-Muslims" but that's how the common interpretation of many Imams spells it out.

For instance, take this anecdote I found on google.


Now, you're right that the Qur'an does NOT teach that. But many Muslim Imams do teach that. There's a gross misinterpretation among Muslims as to that area.


I'm sure the Qur'an has french words in it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #95
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
So when Rabbi's are mental we disregard it and say "Hey look, most Rabbi's don't say crazy shit. They stick to the Torah" but when you can literally pull a single example of a crazy Imam we go "See! Look, they're crazy. There's no talking to them"
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #96
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
So when Rabbi's are mental we disregard it and say "Hey look, most Rabbi's don't say crazy shit. They stick to the Torah" but when you can literally pull a single example of a crazy Imam we go "See! Look, they're crazy. There's no talking to them"


Now you're getting it!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #97
Jostry
UG Member
 
Jostry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
Then why did Jews and Muslims live there together for so long?

You honestly think there wouldn't be fighting currently if neither were religious?


I'm not saying there would be ZERO conflicts, don't put words in my mouth, but there would be waaay less.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Jostry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #98
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter
 
Dreadnought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
There are like... thousands examples of ridiculous Imams.
__________________
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Dreadnought is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #99
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I don't know why I expected Sam to be objective but jesus

EDIT: ^^^ Yeah, that's what happens when you've got a billion strong following. I'm not even sure Islam has a disproportionate amount of crazies.

Last edited by willT08 : 01-31-2013 at 08:55 PM.
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #100
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostry
I'm not saying there would be ZERO conflicts, don't put words in my mouth, but there would be waaay less.


You're wrong. That is the simplest way that I could put it. Removing religion from the situation does nothing. The reasons to fight are still there. What are they? Scarce resources. Land and water are incredibly scarce. That is why they fight.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.