Star-Splitter

Good for Israel. Syria is a pile of shit right now
Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #82
ali.guitarkid7
a real man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
So much stupid in this thread.

yup, but it's like a car crash. I don't want to be in it but I can't stop looking.

Prime example being Sam's "the arabs always start it" when we're in a thread about Israel attacking another country without being attacked first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
you are tumblr feminism personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
poo-tee-tweet, motherfucker
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #83
Jostry
UG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
If there's one thing Israel is good for, it's not taking land they shouldn't have.

What do you mean shouldn't have? They've been there for decades, what justifies what they should or shouldn't have? Most of the people who were alive when Israel was created is dead. All this conflict is religious.

It's like saying the US shouldn't exist because they took the land from the Natives. If you wanna play that way, then most of Europe should belong to Italy because of Ancient Rome.
Jostry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #84
willT08
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Edit:
I've never heard of a Jewish Rabbi* who says that everyone who isn't Jewish is their enemy. I have heard of many Muslims Imams who say that if one isn't Muslim, then they must be converted or die.

*I'm sure that there are a few Jews who say all non-Jews are the enemy, but they're not within the teachings of the Torah if they say that.

We're talking about the land though. I'm sure you've heard plenty of Rabbi's say that the land of Israel belongs to the Jews because it was given to them by God. That'd be perfectly in line with the Torah. And is the reason for a lot of hostility from Jews towards Arabs who want to peacefully live together.

I don't really care which side has more mental people on it because they're all planks
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #85
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostry
All this conflict is religious.

You aren't allowed to comment on this anymore because you're clearly developmentally disabled.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #86
ali.guitarkid7
a real man

Quote:
What do you mean shouldn't have? They've been there for decades, what justifies what they should or shouldn't have? Most of the people who were alive when Israel was created is dead. All this conflict is religious.

It's like saying the US shouldn't exist because they took the land from the Natives. If you wanna play that way, then most of Europe should belong to Italy because of Ancient Rome.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21274061

These illegal settlements stuff? Yah, the ones that are illegal under international law? There's only a few thousand of them planned right now.

But lol yah you're right, all of this is just religion

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #87
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
We're talking about the land though. I'm sure you've heard plenty of Rabbi's say that the land of Israel belongs to the Jews because it was given to them by God. That'd be perfectly in line with the Torah. And is the reason for a lot of hostility from Jews towards Arabs who want to peacefully live together.

To be fair, the Jews historically have not had any issue with Muslims living in Israel. In fact, by Torah, you're supposed to treat the stranger (read: foreigner, non-Jew) in your land well. Most Rabbis, if they wanted to be strictly followers of Torah in this matter, would have no issue with peaceful Muslims living in Israel. And to be fair, most of them don't have any issue with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21274061

These illegal settlements stuff? Yah, the ones that are illegal under international law? There's only a few thousand of them planned right now.

International law means "fuck all".

Quote:
You aren't allowed to comment on this anymore because you're clearly developmentally disabled.

Other than insulting people and stating that you clearly know more than the rest of us, what gives you the right to determine that? Did you end up with super-secret powers from the mods that allow you to tell people they can't post on a subject? No? Ok, then.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 01-31-2013 at 08:42 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #88
Jostry
UG Member

Quote:

It's all religious.

"God gave us this land for our people!"

"No! God gave us this land for OUR people!"

Religious at the core, masked by international treaties and laws. And all you've posted so far is saying everything is stupid in this thread. Nice job making it less stupid.

Last edited by Jostry : 01-31-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #89
willT08
Banned

Quote:
To be fair, the Jews historically have not had any issue with Muslims living in Israel. In fact, by Torah, you're supposed to treat the stranger (read: foreigner, non-Jew) in your land well. Most Rabbis, if they wanted to be strictly followers of Torah in this matter, would have no issue with peaceful Muslims living in Israel. And to be fair, most of them don't have any issue with that.

The Qur'an says "God does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes from dealing kindly and justly with them." So most Imams and Muslims would have no issue with living with peaceful Jews in Israel
Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #90
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
It's all religious.

"God gave us this land for our people!"

"No! God gave us this land for OUR people!"

Religious. And all you've posted so far is saying everything is stupid in this thread. Nice job making it less stupid.

Then why did Jews and Muslims live there together for so long?

You honestly think there wouldn't be fighting currently if neither were religious?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #91
ali.guitarkid7
a real man

Quote:
International law means "fuck all".

What does this mean, though?

Quote:
The report says settlements displace Palestinians, destroy their crops and property, and subject them to violence.

I'm certain that homelessness, poverty, famine, beatings and indefinite detention of civilians who speak out against the aforementioned means "fuck all" to Israel but I didn't think you'd agree.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #92
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Other than insulting people and stating that you clearly know more than the rest of us, what gives you the right to determine that? Did you end up with super-secret powers from the mods that allow you to tell people they can't post on a subject? No? Ok, then.

Ironic being that I'm imitating how you were posting for the majority of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
What does this mean, though?

It means he doesn't have an argument against it, so he dismissed it.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #93
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
The Qur'an says "God does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes from dealing kindly and justly with them." So most Imams and Muslims would have no issue with living with peaceful Jews in Israel

Except that the teachings of the Imams teaches that you should kill the Infidel. Granted, by "Infidel" the Qur'an never means "non-Muslims", but that's how the common interpretation of many Imams spells it out.

For instance, take this anecdote I found on google.

Now, you're right that the Qur'an does NOT teach that. But many Muslim Imams do teach that. There's a gross misinterpretation among Muslims as to that area.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 01-31-2013 at 08:51 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #94
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Except that the teachings of the Imams teaches that you should kill the Infidel. Granted, by "Infidel", the Qur'an never means "non-Muslims" but that's how the common interpretation of many Imams spells it out.

For instance, take this anecdote I found on google.

Now, you're right that the Qur'an does NOT teach that. But many Muslim Imams do teach that. There's a gross misinterpretation among Muslims as to that area.

I'm sure the Qur'an has french words in it.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #95
willT08
Banned

So when Rabbi's are mental we disregard it and say "Hey look, most Rabbi's don't say crazy shit. They stick to the Torah" but when you can literally pull a single example of a crazy Imam we go "See! Look, they're crazy. There's no talking to them"
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #96
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
So when Rabbi's are mental we disregard it and say "Hey look, most Rabbi's don't say crazy shit. They stick to the Torah" but when you can literally pull a single example of a crazy Imam we go "See! Look, they're crazy. There's no talking to them"

Now you're getting it!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #97
Jostry
UG Member

Quote:
Then why did Jews and Muslims live there together for so long?

You honestly think there wouldn't be fighting currently if neither were religious?

I'm not saying there would be ZERO conflicts, don't put words in my mouth, but there would be waaay less.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #98
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

There are like... thousands examples of ridiculous Imams.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #99
willT08
Banned

I don't know why I expected Sam to be objective but jesus

EDIT: ^^^ Yeah, that's what happens when you've got a billion strong following. I'm not even sure Islam has a disproportionate amount of crazies.

Last edited by willT08 : 01-31-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #100
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
I'm not saying there would be ZERO conflicts, don't put words in my mouth, but there would be waaay less.

You're wrong. That is the simplest way that I could put it. Removing religion from the situation does nothing. The reasons to fight are still there. What are they? Scarce resources. Land and water are incredibly scarce. That is why they fight.

Rate This Thread: