Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Would you invent it?
Yes, I would. 16 28.07%
No, I wouldn't. 41 71.93%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Zaphikh
Custom User Title
 
Zaphikh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
If Marriage Had Never Existed

If marriage had never existed, would you invent the concept now?
If you would, why would you do it?


tl;dr


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
I just made it homwin one oiedcer fycky yre mon'
gnoight ug
Zaphikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Club Red
tl;dr stupdity
__________________
████ Barkov Huberdeau Ekblad ████

Florida Panthers 2014-2015
2 - 2 - 0
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled
 
JackWhiteIsButts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: [Rick] Nash-ville
But marriage has existed.
__________________
Hail to the King



JackWhiteIsButts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
Zaphikh
Custom User Title
 
Zaphikh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
stupdity

*clap*
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
I just made it homwin one oiedcer fycky yre mon'
gnoight ug
Zaphikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
adamgur96
Not caring no more
 
adamgur96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Voted because i like polls, not because i care.
__________________
I put my sig in a spoiler because i view UG sigless anyway.
adamgur96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #6
Zaphikh
Custom User Title
 
Zaphikh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
But marriage has existed.

So? What's your point.

I'm not trying to draw a bridge between the two concepts here, but imagine being alive in the US during the times of slavery. Just because it has happened and is still with us means absolutely nothing in terms of relevance. The question being asked is if it should remain.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
I just made it homwin one oiedcer fycky yre mon'
gnoight ug
Zaphikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Sharp_as_steel
Ug's #1 beer drinker
 
Sharp_as_steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Den som fattar detta vet redan vart jag e
Doug Stanhope sounds a bit like Barney from How I met Your Mother, but with swears. Bah.
Imo, the only reason to get married is financial reasons, but that's pretty compelling in itself.
__________________
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
Sharp_as_steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Club Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphikh
The question being asked is if it should remain.

No it isn't. lol.
__________________
████ Barkov Huberdeau Ekblad ████

Florida Panthers 2014-2015
2 - 2 - 0
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
Burgery
scatterbrain
 
Burgery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: exiles
op is most sincerely a faggot

but doug stanhope is cool at times
__________________
bootsybaby: deaf people actually make real weird primal grunting noises
bootsybaby: dduring sex
bootsybaby: it's bizarre
Burgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
Zaphikh
Custom User Title
 
Zaphikh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp_as_steel
Doug Stanhope sounds a bit like Barney from How I met Your Mother, but with swears. Bah.
Imo, the only reason to get married is financial reasons, but that's pretty compelling in itself.

Why should there be a social club that financially benefits one group of citizens, and castigates multiple minority groups, just because a legal paper was notarized and recognized by the local government?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
I just made it homwin one oiedcer fycky yre mon'
gnoight ug
Zaphikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled
 
JackWhiteIsButts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: [Rick] Nash-ville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphikh
So? What's your point.

I'm not trying to draw a bridge between the two concepts here, but imagine being alive in the US during the times of slavery. Just because it has happened and is still with us means absolutely nothing in terms of relevance. The question being asked is if it should remain.

I think you need to read the OP before commenting in threads.
__________________
Hail to the King



JackWhiteIsButts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
Zaphikh
Custom User Title
 
Zaphikh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
No it isn't. lol.

ololololol...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
I just made it homwin one oiedcer fycky yre mon'
gnoight ug
Zaphikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #13
snipelfritz
UG's Beautiful Butterfly
 
snipelfritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee
Hell yeah I would! Think about all the money I could make.
__________________
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
snipelfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #14
Zaphikh
Custom User Title
 
Zaphikh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
I think you need to read the OP before commenting in threads.

Piss off. You contribute no thoughts and think of yourself as clever by evading questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
Hell yeah I would! Think about all the money I could make.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
I just made it homwin one oiedcer fycky yre mon'
gnoight ug

Last edited by Zaphikh : 01-31-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Zaphikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #15
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Club Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphikh
ololololol...

You should re-read your OP considering you didn't ask anything even remotely similar to that. Maybe if you didn't rely on dumb, drunken, unfunny comedians to be the ones delivering your rhetoric you wouldn't push out such badly constructed and just plain stupid threads.
__________________
████ Barkov Huberdeau Ekblad ████

Florida Panthers 2014-2015
2 - 2 - 0
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #16
Sharp_as_steel
Ug's #1 beer drinker
 
Sharp_as_steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Den som fattar detta vet redan vart jag e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphikh
Why should there be a social club that financially benefits one group of citizens, and castigates multiple minority groups, just because a legal paper was notarized and recognized by the local government?


Well, to be fair, I was looking at it from my own point of view, the heterosexual white male one. Also, I live in sweden, where gay marriage is legal. My point was that if/when I get married it would be because I most likely already had a family and simply wanted a little less tax.

I do get your point though, it just doesn't apply here.
__________________
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
Sharp_as_steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #17
Zaphikh
Custom User Title
 
Zaphikh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
You should re-read your OP considering you didn't ask anything even remotely similar to that. Maybe if you didn't rely on dumb, drunken, unfunny comedians to be the ones delivering your rhetoric you wouldn't push out such badly constructed and just plain stupid threads.

Want to answer the question? Ad hominem much bro? Want me to tip-toe on eggshells for you next time I make a thread? lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
I just made it homwin one oiedcer fycky yre mon'
gnoight ug
Zaphikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #18
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled
 
JackWhiteIsButts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: [Rick] Nash-ville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphikh
Piss off. You contribute no thoughts and think of yourself as clever by evading questions.


If you read the OP you would know that you have contributed no thoughts as well, so I've put forth exactly as much effort in my response as you have in making this thread.
__________________
Hail to the King



JackWhiteIsButts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #19
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer
 
Macabre_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hermitage, PA
I'm married, and this is stupid. That will be all.
__________________
My upcoming album.
Atlas Burden'

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #20
Joshua Garcia
Registered User
 
Joshua Garcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphikh
If marriage had never existed, would you invent the concept now?
If you would, why would you do it?


What the hell is the matter with you?! Ain't nobody got time for that.


Quote:
tl;dr



k thnx babe.

OT: Somebody would've eventually gotten a similar idea, if not, marriage itself eventually. I'd wait until somebody else gets it.
...and until I have a gf
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladez22
dont make me go colonial on your bitch ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea55
How bout you and your weebo ass go away?
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.