Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Would you invent it?
Yes, I would. 16 28.07%
No, I wouldn't. 41 71.93%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 01-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #41
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Frozen North! (read: Northern Wisconsin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphikh
+1 to lack of communication. But that spreads far beyond marriage and into the realm of pretty much all social issues.

Indeed it does, but it's the key to a good marriage. I've heard many, many married couples say communication is what has kept them together.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #42
Blayney
est'd 1989
 
Blayney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Swansea, South Wales
Yes. This Doug Stanhope fellow seems to not understand why it's a good idea. I would guess he's not married himself?

There are many legal reasons why marriage is a good idea.
__________________

Encore Strat, Ibanez GRX70 Jewel Blue, Ibanez RGT42DRFM (Dimarzio Breed bridge/Air Norton neck)
Hudson HD1, Lorenzo 'Bluebird' 12 String
Vox AD50VT, Vox AC30 (1963)
Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Blayney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #43
Zaphikh
UG Senior Member
 
Zaphikh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayney
Yes. This Doug Stanhope fellow seems to not understand why it's a good idea. I would guess he's not married himself?

lulz, I can find you a handful of married couples in 10 minutes who would tell you it's not a great idea.
Quote:
There are many legal reasons why marriage is a good idea.

Sure, but is that the reason why people get married? If it is, why is it only an exclusive category of people? Why can't all folks just get financial benefits, regardless of who they live with or fuck?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
I just made it homwin one oiedcer fycky yre mon'
gnoight ug
Zaphikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #44
Blayney
est'd 1989
 
Blayney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Swansea, South Wales
I'm not talking about the financial benefits.

My colleague in work got married because he had to take his kids to hospital while he wasn't married and he wasn't allowed to make any decisions about them. He had to wait for his partner to arrive.

Perhaps it would be more pertinent to change these type laws than to create "marriage".

It would still be good for the government to see couples as couples legally though. In the case that one partner dies without a will for example?
__________________

Encore Strat, Ibanez GRX70 Jewel Blue, Ibanez RGT42DRFM (Dimarzio Breed bridge/Air Norton neck)
Hudson HD1, Lorenzo 'Bluebird' 12 String
Vox AD50VT, Vox AC30 (1963)
Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Blayney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #45
Zaphikh
UG Senior Member
 
Zaphikh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayney
I'm not talking about the financial benefits.

My colleague in work got married because he had to take his kids to hospital while he wasn't married and he wasn't allowed to make any decisions about them. He had to wait for his partner to arrive.

Perhaps it would be more pertinent to change these type laws than to create "marriage".

It would still be good for the government to see couples as couples legally though. In the case that one partner dies without a will for example?

A very fair point. That hadn't crossed my mind.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
I just made it homwin one oiedcer fycky yre mon'
gnoight ug
Zaphikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #46
Blayney
est'd 1989
 
Blayney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Swansea, South Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphikh
A very fair point. That hadn't crossed my mind.


It's things like this that you only think about in a long relationship. I don't know if you're in one (5 years+)
__________________

Encore Strat, Ibanez GRX70 Jewel Blue, Ibanez RGT42DRFM (Dimarzio Breed bridge/Air Norton neck)
Hudson HD1, Lorenzo 'Bluebird' 12 String
Vox AD50VT, Vox AC30 (1963)
Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Blayney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.