Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-05-2013, 02:42 AM   #21
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offworld92
Don't blame the gear.

Gojira use(d) 6505s.

The Dillinger Escape Plan use Rectifiers.

Can't explain that.

i wasn't totally serious, but 90% of the music it is.

i saw Gojira once they were touring for from mars to sirius, for some reason i personally didn't consider them 'metalcore'

i like the tone of rec's in my metal over 5150's.

i have owned a 6505+ for a week or two, i will be looking soon to pick up a mesa trem-o-verb. but i have played rec's a lot too.

Gibsons
USA Teles
Ibanez Prestiges
Wolfgangs

amps. lots.

5F1 parts on the way
finding a AVRI Strat
looking for an attenuator.
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #22
Offworld92
One among the fence.

I wasn't really being serious either, nor did I mean to imply that either of those bands are metalcore (they're both far from it IMO).

Just implying that while a certain setup is needed to nail a certain sound, that isn't all it's limited to. I always bring up these two bands, because they use what are probably the two most common amps in metal (6505 & Rectifier), yet they have extremely unique tone, instantly recognizable tone.

So when one says you'll sound exactly like X by using Y gear, I'm just saying it's not the gear, it's the way that everyone in genre X is just playing the same exact ****ing thing.

It's kind of late, hopefully you get what I'm trying to say

Epiphone Firebird VII
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Peavey Predator USA
Ibanez RG520
Line 6 Pod HD500X
VHT Special 6 Ultra
Pedulz
Offworld92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:51 AM   #23
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offworld92
I wasn't really being serious either, nor did I mean to imply that either of those bands are metalcore (they're both far from it IMO).

Just implying that while a certain setup is needed to nail a certain sound, that isn't all it's limited to. I always bring up these two bands, because they use what are probably the two most common amps in metal (6505 & Rectifier), yet they have extremely unique tone, instantly recognizable tone.

So when one says you'll sound exactly like X by using Y gear, I'm just saying it's not the gear, it's the way that everyone in genre X is just playing the same exact ****ing thing.

It's kind of late, hopefully you get what I'm trying to say

no worrys here.

it is a recs and 5150 are staple for 'metalcore' i do agree.

i haven't even heard the Dillinger Escape Plan honesly which is why i didn't respond to that.

i do think the 5150 tone is to some point the sound that is what does what a lot of people need.

to me (IMHO although i have owned all of these), has nobody really used splawn nitro (other than killswitch live IIRC), which gets really heavey, it works great. or why don't too many bands play anything from fryette/vht. not too many people even consider krank (although I wouldn't recommend them here the only one i didn't own).

but i do understand also that 6505+ heads are $550-650 and they can find a beat up mesa cab for $400 and all they need is really a boost so $100 on that, and thats really all they need. so that is a lot cheaper than any of the amps i have mentioned most often their whole setup costs less than a splawn nitro.

everybody do what you gotta do

Gibsons
USA Teles
Ibanez Prestiges
Wolfgangs

amps. lots.

5F1 parts on the way
finding a AVRI Strat
looking for an attenuator.
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: