Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-01-2013, 05:34 AM   #1
simonwells

Non-traditional effects processor

Hi,

I'm looking for an effects processor but am not interested in the "traditional" kind that includes lots of amp modelling and emulations of well-known effects. What I want is really something closer to a Korg Kaoss pad for guitar.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Simon.
simonwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.

wat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Eppicurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
souperman08

1. You need to explain what you're looking for more.

2. You can use a Kaoss pad with guitar.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
simonwells

OK. I like the Kaoss pad effects that you don't see on many guitar processors such as the slicers, band filters and synth effects but clearly it is designed to be used by DJs and is not ideal for use with a guitar because you have to take your hands off the instrument to change/ turn effects on and off, etc. Is that any help?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #5
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.

Not really. What sort of sounds are you trying to achieve? Just saying synth and filters isn't enough...

The only possible thing that comes to mind is the GR55.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Eppicurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
souperman08

Old 02-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
simonwells

OK. I have a Godin LR Baggs 12 string and what I like to do is have harmonic and synth effects mixed quite low into the overall sound, giving low burbles and high overtones. The Godin has loads of sustain, so this tends to work well with a Kaoss pad but, as I explained, the Kaoss pad is tricky to use with a guitar because it is designed to be hands on.

As for the GR55, I've owned almost every guitar synth module Roland has ever made and they have all been a bit rubbish, really. That's not really what I'm looking for at all. Less guitar synth, more natural guitar sound with some synth style effects shading the overall sound.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #8
simonwells

Thanks, Souper.

Funnily enough, just found this thread mentioning the MM4 which may be close to what I want:

[forbidden link]
Old 02-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #9
souperman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonwells
Thanks, Souper.

Funnily enough, just found this thread mentioning the MM4 which may be close to what I want:

[forbidden link]

I would highly recommend going the M9 route. Everything the MM4 has, plus a ton of great modulations, delays, and reverbs. Decent (but definitely digital) dirt sounds too.

Rate This Thread: