Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Songwriting & Lyrics > Songwriting & Lyrics Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-01-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
GuitarQ33r0
Deathcore Messiah

Favorite place to write

Where is your favorite place or setting to write music? I like to write in the dark because it helps me focus on the music more, so I sit in front of my amp and only use the light from my green amp jewel.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
GP443

That sounds like a good place...I write really anywhere, but being in a quiet, relaxing place tends to be easier, like in my room, etc...
GP443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
azrael4h

When I sit down to write specifically, I just sit down at my desk and write. It's big enough that I can spread out my scraps of paper, my regular notebooks and my small pocked notebook as well, and a writer's thesaurus and my laptop.

Most often though I end up just writing whatever comes to mind wherever I happen to be.
azrael4h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
burpo

I find that I prefer to do initial writing in solitude (at home) and re-writing/editing at a coffee shop.
Polishing, I do by running the song on a different instrument. Ex: if I wrote it on the guitar, I check it on the piano, and vice-versa, checking to make sure my chord progression doesn't sound too lame. Hope this helps.
burpo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: