Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #41
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
OP Updated.






Let me know if I miss something.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #42
Mathedes
Dissonant Unison
 
Mathedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PP, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by leony03
Score keeper is highest scorer.

>_>

I think that's his perk.
__________________
Bach in Black! (A performance)

We're all alright!
Mathedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #43
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey
 
leony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fixed point in time and space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathedes
I think that's his perk.


He is a strange individual.

Also, Happy Bday Phils
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #44
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
 
DisarmGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK
Right, put me down for Unearth - We Are Not Anonymous in 'Advanced Guitar' again, and I promise I'll do it this month
__________________

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #45
K'Nuckles
UG Newbie
 
K'Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nghaerdydd
I can actually record at a decent quality now. Just bought a UX1 - Podfarm is t3h rulez. I probably won't though.
__________________
K'Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #46
oneblackened
Future Breed Machine
 
oneblackened's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Asgaard
Collab between Scowmoo and I again.

Thy Art Is Murder - Shadow Of Eternal Sin.

For ME...
Necrophagist - Stabwound. Guitar, Advanced.
__________________
-Dave
The benefits of a metal speaker grill:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
I've said it before, nothing says metal like a grill you can bounce a bottle of Jack Daniels off.
What can you learn in 20 days?
oneblackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #47
niejel
Calls the Pit's Musicians
 
niejel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Can this entry do?

I learned it last Christmas but I put This Dying Soul instead for the January edition.

On the Backs of Angels - Dream Theater

Guitars - Vox - Keyboards - Bass. :3

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...&type=3&theater
__________________
Standing


on the backs . . .

. . .of angels.


Cause 6 just ain't enough . . . 7 String Legion Member


Quote:
Originally Posted by wahappen
Love the avatar.


@#inyourface#@, you have no idea how much you inspire me . . .
niejel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #48
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey
 
leony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fixed point in time and space
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Nuckles
I can actually record at a decent quality now. Just bought a UX1 - Podfarm is t3h rulez. I probably won't though.


I can send you some tonez if you want some
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #49
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by niejel
Can this entry do?

I learned it last Christmas but I put This Dying Soul instead for the January edition.

On the Backs of Angels - Dream Theater

Guitars - Vox - Keyboards - Bass. :3

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...&type=3&theater



I'll add it in. If somebody has a problem we can just take it down.





OP Updated.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #50
K'Nuckles
UG Newbie
 
K'Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nghaerdydd
Quote:
Originally Posted by leony03
I can send you some tonez if you want some

What've you got, man? I haven't gotten the hang of making my own patches yet - I'm mostly downloading them off the L6 site and tweaking them to my liking.


....


I really want to submit an entry. >_>
__________________
K'Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #51
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey
 
leony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fixed point in time and space
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Nuckles
What've you got, man? I haven't gotten the hang of making my own patches yet - I'm mostly downloading them off the L6 site and tweaking them to my liking.


....


I really want to submit an entry. >_>



I've got quite a few different ones like a high-gain Marshall, Rectifier and some cleans. Do you have the Metal Shop Pack? If not, I highly recommend it. It only cost me like 20 and I have never looked back!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #52
K'Nuckles
UG Newbie
 
K'Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nghaerdydd
Quote:
Originally Posted by leony03
I've got quite a few different ones like a high-gain Marshall, Rectifier and some cleans. Do you have the Metal Shop Pack? If not, I highly recommend it. It only cost me like 20 and I have never looked back!

I haven't bought any of the packs yet, although that seems like a 20 I'll have to spend. I think I need the bass pack more tbh, what's on there is shocking... too bad it's 30 though.
__________________
K'Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #53
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
You can mess around with the free VSTs too. LePou makes a sweet plexi clone called the Hybrit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #54
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey
 
leony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fixed point in time and space
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Nuckles
I haven't bought any of the packs yet, although that seems like a 20 I'll have to spend. I think I need the bass pack more tbh, what's on there is shocking... too bad it's 30 though.


If you want high-gain clarity without the fuzz, its definitely worth it. Made my sound so much better Maybe you can get 2 for a cheaper price or something. I can't remember how the packs work because I got mine like 2 years ago haha. I think all my good tones are with the metal pack if you get it, then i'll send some over!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #55
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey
 
leony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fixed point in time and space
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
You can mess around with the free VSTs too. LePou makes a sweet plexi clone called the Hybrit.


I tried using the Lecto one and cab plugins but I could never get a clean sound from it. Just fizz
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #56
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by leony03
I tried using the Lecto one and cab plugins but I could never get a clean sound from it. Just fizz


Did you try turning the gain down?




Seriously though.




Also, are you using a noise gate with the Line 6 stuff? Because Amplitube is super quiet too until you take the gate off
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #57
K'Nuckles
UG Newbie
 
K'Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nghaerdydd
Quote:
Originally Posted by leony03
If you want high-gain clarity without the fuzz, its definitely worth it. Made my sound so much better Maybe you can get 2 for a cheaper price or something. I can't remember how the packs work because I got mine like 2 years ago haha. I think all my good tones are with the metal pack if you get it, then i'll send some over!

Much appreciated, mate. I'm using it mainly for djenty shit atm - just the stock stuff is pretty good for it.
__________________
K'Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #58
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey
 
leony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fixed point in time and space
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Nuckles
Much appreciated, mate. I'm using it mainly for djenty shit atm - just the stock stuff is pretty good for it.


No problem. Just PM me or say something in one of these

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
Did you try turning the gain down?

Seriously though.

Also, are you using a noise gate with the Line 6 stuff? Because Amplitube is super quiet too until you take the gate off


I tried eveerrryyytttinnggg! I just couldn't get a good sound out of it at all. I dunno if its my hardware or what haha.

Was the noise gate thing directed at me or K'Nuckles?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #59
K'Nuckles
UG Newbie
 
K'Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nghaerdydd
I'm using the noise gate and I've managed to get a pretty nice tone out of it straight from the box. I've recorded some of Masters Apprentices by Opeth just as a test - doesn't sound bad at all (I think). Check it out:

http://speedy.sh/EhEqA/Masters-Apprentices.mp3
__________________
K'Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #60
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
 
Horsedick.MPEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buck Hill
TBH I'm REALLY tempted to cover the less angry version of Killing in the Name:

__________________
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.



Add me on Facebook

Soundcloud

Last edited by Horsedick.MPEG : 02-03-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Horsedick.MPEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.